How to have time for all extracurriculars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f7227

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished first semester as a sophomore, I know I didn't get started as quickly as I should've, but I'm gonna start research in a couple weeks, apart from that I've just maintained a 4.0 gpa without any other extracurriculars. I don't want to take a lot of gap years, I would be fine applying my senior year to have 1 gap year but wouldn't want to delay my acceptance longer than that

I was wondering how the heck can you guys manage to "check all the boxes" with research, clinical experience, clinical/nonclinical volunteering, shadowing, clubs all while maintaining a good gpa and studying for the mcat. It doesn't seem possible to fit all of that into a reasonable application time line. For example, doing research and working on my grades doesn't leave any time for clinical experience as a scribe, and if I only do research for a year to do scribing after I likely wont have any publications or anything to show for my work. I'm just stressing out and don't know what's the best thing to do right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.