1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

How to interpret your scores...

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by dreamangel17s, Mar 1, 2007.

1. dreamangel17s

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'd thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on how to interpret the score...it's a lot easier than going around and reading everything. I'll add what I do know about it (although it's not much since this is my first time taking the test). :)

However, if there is anyone out there who if more familiar with this, please share your knowledge and wisdom with us!:p

Harcourt's website says:

"The scaled scores reported for the five PCAT multiple-choice subtests range from 200 to 600, with a median of 400 (i.e., a scaled score of 400 corresponds to the 50th percentile). Scores for the Writing subtest range from 0 to 5, with a score of 5 representing the highest possible score, a score of 1 representing the lowest possible earned score, and a score of zero representing an invalid score.
    In addition to the multiple-choice subtest scaled scores, your personal Score Report will list five subtest percentiles and a Composite percentile. The percentile score shown on your personal Score Report indicates the percentage of PCAT examinees that made up the norm group—all first-time examinees that took the test between October 1998 and March 2003—with scaled scores lower than yours. For example, an examinee who earns a Composite percentile score of 70 scored higher than 70 percent of the examinees from the norm group on the test as a whole. No percentile is reported for the Writing subtest."

What is a good composite range? What is considered competitive? Does anyone have success stories that they would like to share to give others feelings of hope?:oops:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gators14

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have seen reported that 75 and above is compettive at most schools.