How to list these AMCAS activities (non-trad)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fedekz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my app sorted out in the next couple of days and submit it to start the verification process started.

I'm working on my EC portion of my application, and I'm unsure about how to list these activities, and if they should be grouped under one activity, or if I should separate them out into two separate activity slots. I've been an Paramedic since 2010 and have worked for two different agencies in 2 different states over the last 5 years. Should I list those two employments separately? One of them I worked full time while not in school, and the other I worked full time while I was in school, would that make a difference in if I should separate them into two different activity listings?

@Goro

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to get my app sorted out in the next couple of days and submit it to start the verification process started.

I'm working on my EC portion of my application, and I'm unsure about how to list these activities, and if they should be grouped under one activity, or if I should separate them out into two separate activity slots. I've been an Paramedic since 2010 and have worked for two different agencies in 2 different states over the last 5 years. Should I list those two employments separately? One of them I worked full time while not in school, and the other I worked full time while I was in school, would that make a difference in if I should separate them into two different activity listings?

@Goro
It sounds like each position is worthy of its own spot and description. Unless you are space-challenged, there is no reason to group them together.

Those are two different employments. In school or out doesn't change where they go. The in school part is admirable, though.

@Goro

Members don't see this ad :)
Those are two different employments. In school or out doesn't change where they go. The in school part is admirable, though.

Perfect, thank you! Right now I just have two activites with "Paramedic" as the title, I'll probably differentiate the two as "Paramedic - X city EMS" and "Paramedic - X Police Dept"

Reactions: 1 user
Perfect, thank you! Right now I just have two activites with "Paramedic" as the title, I'll probably differentiate the two as "Paramedic - X city EMS" and "Paramedic - X Police Dept"

And then you can smile when you put 11440 hours in the box for "how many hours did you do this" on the application. 44 hrs a week * 52 weeks a year * 5 years = 11440 hours.

You know, I asked a few docs if I could shadow them, but all of them said shadowing wouldn't help since we're out there providing to patients already, as we interface with the docs on such a regular basis. That and of course in paramedic school we did a good amount of doc shadowing for our clinical rotations anyway.