How to Pass NBDE 1 in 2012

Started by rq88
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rq88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
All the threads Iv come across online focus on how to get high scores in NBDE 1 . My question is that since starting this year one only has to pass the exam, what is the material which we should study from?

I need to give the exam in the next 6-7 weeks. Would going through the Decks, First Aid & ASDA released papers suffice?

Anybody who's given the exam this year with only a month or two's preparation?
 
Hi,
All the threads Iv come across online focus on how to get high scores in NBDE 1 . My question is that since starting this year one only has to pass the exam, what is the material which we should study from?

I need to give the exam in the next 6-7 weeks. Would going through the Decks, First Aid & ASDA released papers suffice?

Anybody who's given the exam this year with only a month or two's preparation?

I took i in Dec. and failed :-/. Since then, I not only use the decks, but I also use the USMLE step 1 videos, old exams and crackthenbde.
 
I dont know about 1 week I would say to pass you need at least a month since there is so much info. I would just use decks and old tests. Just use once source for all your info like decks and know it really well, I thought the board exams were not easy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All

I was just going through the new changes made for NBDE w.e.f 2012. One of the change is :


Limit on Examination Eligibility1
Students are limited to successful completion of an exam within 5 years of testing or 5 exam attempts, whichever comes first.
This applies to exam attempts 01/01/2012 or later.

What do they mean by " successful completion of an exam within 5 years of testing" ?
Does it means that we are allowed to retake the exam with a limit of five years?

please help someone.
 
Hi All

I was just going through the new changes made for NBDE w.e.f 2012. One of the change is :


Limit on Examination Eligibility1
Students are limited to successful completion of an exam within 5 years of testing or 5 exam attempts, whichever comes first.
This applies to exam attempts 01/01/2012 or later.

What do they mean by " successful completion of an exam within 5 years of testing" ?
Does it means that we are allowed to retake the exam with a limit of five years?

please help someone.

You are allowed to retake the exam only if you haven't passed.