How to properly cite publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeaHusky

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, y'all. Incoming dumb question.

I was fortunate enough to recently receive notice that a co-author manuscript of mine was accepted and subsequently published. I'm currently crafting updates for my schools.

My main question pertains to the authorship portion of the citation. I am a fourth author on this particular manuscript, and there's ten authors total (not including my PI). When I'm citing the publication in the update letter, do I only list the authors up until my name and then the PI? For example, do I go:

[Author 1], [Author 2], [Author 3], [SeaHusky], [PI], et. al.

Or should I just write out the full author list? I faintly remember reading a post on here a year ago saying we should only list up to our name, but I'm not sure. Any help would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a fourth author on this particular manuscript, and there's ten authors total (not including my PI). When I'm citing the publication in the update letter, do I only list the authors up until my name and then the PI? For example, do I go: [Author 1], [Author 2], [Author 3], [SeaHusky], [PI], et. al.
[Author 1], [Author 2], [Author 3], [SeaHusky], et al.
Alternatively, just give the PMID.

Reactions: 2 users