how/when do you find out your step 2ck score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pleaseletmepass

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does the nbme email you when your step 2ck score is available? or do you have to just keep checking the website?

Members don't see this ad.

You will get an email. Although, some people have been able to see their scores before receiving the email. From what I gather the email always comes the same day, but just not right away. In other words, the score might be posted at midnight on Wednesday morning, but the email wont come until 8AM or something along those lines. Unless those few hours are a huge difference to you I think it is less anxiety producing to just forget about it until you get the email.

Usually the score will come on the third Wednesday after your exam. The email will usually come between 9:30am and 10am.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will the score be in the body of the email or do you have to click onto a link?

The email tells you it's available on the National Board of Medical Examiners Licensing Examination Services website.

interesting, because i got my step 1 score at 0000 on wednesday... so basically around 11:59pm on tuesday.

as for the step 2, i'm supposed to get it back tomorrow. so i'm praying it comes tonight at midnight, or by tomorrow morning. shoot, i won't be able to sleep tonigth...

thanks animas! i took the step 2 on 7/24. i had a friend take it a week before me, and she got her score back last wednesday. i think the 3 wednesday rule is correct.

also, above poster mentioned the time thing between 9-10am. i think that depends on where you live.... so essentially the time zone matters.

thanks animas! i took the step 2 on 7/24. i had a friend take it a week before me, and she got her score back last wednesday. i think the 3 wednesday rule is correct.

also, above poster mentioned the time thing between 9-10am. i think that depends on where you live.... so essentially the time zone matters.

So if I took it the 27th, that means I am next Wednesday? Technically, I would be three Wednesdays from the test date (if you include the Wed of the week I took the exam)...

Kitra, for you, 3 Wednesdays would mean tomorrow. But I wouldn't get my hopes too high, since it'll most likely be next Wednesday at the earliest to expect your score back.... July is actually early for step 2. Best wishes!

NBME made an announcement recently about people taking the exam in mid to late August will expect score delays. Most likely because so many people are taking it then.

hey underdog, did u get ur score? cuz i took mine on the 21st and didn't get it back

yea i took mine on the 19th of july and no word as of 2:43 am on wednesday either... maybe it could come up later in the day? or maybe i have to wait another week or two..

yea i took mine on the 19th of july and no word as of 2:43 am on wednesday either... maybe it could come up later in the day? or maybe i have to wait another week or two..

I took mine July 23rd and they have not posted as of yet... I hope they don't lump us in with the "delayed score" bunch. I call farce on the three Wednesday rule.

Took mine on the 31st, i think a score today for me would be way too optimistic. it's the second wednesday, after my test. i'm thinkin that my score will be here next wed.

Just as an update. I got my score back this morning at 10AM. Took it on 7/24. The 3 Wednesdays rule is true.

3 Wednesday rule not golden.
I took my exam on 7/26 and did not get my exam score back today. :thumbdown:
Oh well...my score does not change my field of choice so I guess it doesn't really matter.

3 Wednesday rule not golden.
I took my exam on 7/26 and did not get my exam score back today. :thumbdown:
Oh well...my score does not change my field of choice so I guess it doesn't really matter.
It's three Wednesdays starting with the next week after your exam. NBME weeks start on Saturday. In other words, the cutoff for scores today was 7/24 (a Friday.) Those taken 7/25 (or 7/26 in your case) will be back next week.

I wonder if the fact that none of the tests taken on or after 8/10 are being graded for a couple of months will speed up the grading for the tests taken in early August.

this is what i figured too. so the next reporting date shall include scores up to the 31st.