How would you list this on a resume?

Started by Sparda29
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Unless the psych hospital experience is especially relevant to the job and/or leaving it off would create an unexplainable gap in employment, i would just leave it off my resume and just put down the community hospital experience. Otherwise i would list it like you have it listed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Say you worked for a hospital network but 2 hospitals and quit/forced to resign the second hospital two months into the job, how would you list it?

X Hospital Network
September 2010-June 2013

X Psychiatric Hospital
April-June 2013
X Community Hospital
September 2010-March 2013
I would leave it off the resume. 2 months is an internship not a job.
 
Why were you forced to resign? Was it not a good fit?

A case of an assistant director, an operations manager, a lead pharmacist, and other pharmacists all telling me different ways of doing things, and looking/being tired at work (they thought I was moonlighting at another job, I was just out partying until 3AM and coming into work on 3 hours of sleep everyday, I figured I could survive on 3 hours sleep for the probationary period before starting the overnight shift), and what I figure was the real reason, trying to organize/talk the pharmacists into joining the union.
 
Unless the psych hospital experience is especially relevant to the job and/or leaving it off would create an unexplainable gap in employment, i would just leave it off my resume and just put down the community hospital experience. Otherwise i would list it like you have it listed.

I would leave it off the resume. 2 months is an internship not a job.

So just leave it as:

X Hospital Network
Sept 2010-June 2013

Don't break it up into the different hospitals correct?
 
A case of an assistant director, an operations manager, a lead pharmacist, and other pharmacists all telling me different ways of doing things, and looking/being tired at work (they thought I was moonlighting at another job, I was just out partying until 3AM and coming into work on 3 hours of sleep everyday, I figured I could survive on 3 hours sleep for the probationary period before starting the overnight shift), and what I figure was the real reason, trying to organize/talk the pharmacists into joining the union.

My lord...anyway, don't bother breaking it up. It'll just invite questions.
 
So just leave it as:

X Hospital Network
Sept 2010-June 2013

Don't break it up into the different hospitals correct?
Yeah, as a rule of thumb, if you didn't work for a day for 90 days, don't put it on your resume. Now, when a future employer does a background check, they might see that you worked there so I would have a cover story. But it is better to say that you spent 2 months searching for a job rather than say that you worked for a place for 2 months and got fired.
 
Yeah, as a rule of thumb, if you didn't work for a day for 90 days, don't put it on your resume. Now, when a future employer does a background check, they might see that you worked there so I would have a cover story. But it is better to say that you spent 2 months searching for a job rather than say that you worked for a place for 2 months and got fired.

As soon as I left that place, I started working full-time at one of my per-diem gigs so I was never out of employment.