Howard University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. the confirmed my secondary like 2 weeks ago. a you haven’t received anything?

IMG_6327.png

This is the last thing I received from them on July 23rd
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I did. I submit my secondary, paid the fee and got confirmed a day after. This was all like two weeks ago.

Are you medical or dental? I see your profile says Pre-Med and you’ve commented in other post of MCAT scores. If so this is a dental thread I just wanna double check
 
Are you medical or dental? I see your profile says Pre-Med and you’ve commented in other post of MCAT scores. If so this is a dental thread I just wanna double check

I’d like to know this answer. Howard’s a top 3 school for me so I’m hoping I’m not behind.
 
Are you medical or dental? I see your profile says Pre-Med and you’ve commented in other post of MCAT scores. If so this is a dental thread I just wanna double check
Hey my bad. I thought you were asking about the secondary for pre-med.
 
Hello everyone, I am currently studying to take my DAT by October 26th. I am planning on applying this cycle, I emailed and asked Ms. Nixon and she said that isn't too late to take the exam. any of you guys know anyone that has applied that late and still had a chance to get in??
 
Hello everyone, I am currently studying to take my DAT by October 26th. I am planning on applying this cycle, I emailed and asked Ms. Nixon and she said that isn't too late to take the exam. any of you guys know anyone that has applied that late and still had a chance to get in??

Their application deadline is in February. Once your materials are submitted and that’s all you are waiting on I think you’ll be fine. Lots of people are taking exams late. If you take October 26th your official scores will be in around the second week in December. I would just say let that be the only thing you are waiting on. You’ll just probably post December interviews & acceptances if your stats are good.
 
Their application deadline is in February. Once your materials are submitted and that’s all you are waiting on I think you’ll be fine. Lots of people are taking exams late. If you take October 26th your official scores will be in around the second week in December. I would just say let that be the only thing you are waiting on. You’ll just probably post December interviews & acceptances if your stats are good.
Thank you, just really praying I can make it this cycle.
Really scared for the GC section. its not calculator and lots of formulas!!!
 
Thank you, just really praying I can make it this cycle.
Really scared for the GC section. its not calculator and lots of formulas!!!

You’ll be fine.. my gen chem scores were bad on Bootcamp but I scored higher than practice tests! I didn’t need a calculator on my real exam either... don’t overthink you’ll do phenomenal! Good luck to you.
 
If I submit my application this coming week, and am taking my DAT on Oct. 8th( had to change this)
when do you guys think I would be hearing back from the university?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I submit my application this coming week, and am taking my DAT on Oct. 8th( had to change this)
when do you guys think I would be hearing back from the university?

Your DAT will take 2-3 weeks to be official. I’m thinking if it takes two weeks minimum they will get it around the 3rd week of October and then their decisions go out Dec 1st up until the class of filled so probably next year for interview invites, or possibly even before that I think it depends on how fast they get on to things.... and if they even take unofficial scores ( they may review if you send unofficial scores on the 8th)... just get in everything as soon as possible so that’s the only thing they are waiting on, if you do really well you’ll hear from them regardless. Your not really too late.

Edit: Just realized I answered you already Earlier in the thread [emoji24] you’re probably looking for another opinion.
 
Your DAT will take 2-3 weeks to be official. I’m thinking if it takes two weeks minimum they will get it around the 3rd week of October and then their decisions go out Dec 1st up until the class of filled so probably next year for interview invites, or possibly even before that I think it depends on how fast they get on to things.... and if they even take unofficial scores ( they may review if you send unofficial scores on the 8th)... just get in everything as soon as possible so that’s the only thing they are waiting on, if you do really well you’ll hear from them regardless. Your not really too late.

Edit: Just realized I answered you already Earlier in the thread [emoji24] you’re probably looking for another opinion.
Aww you are really sweet and thank you for being so responsive 🙂
 
I submitted my application and received an email saying that they were getting ready to receive my application fee, but it didn't have a link to pay or any directions on how to. How did you guys pay that fee?
 
I received the same email on Aguest (about 75$ application fee) been calling an emailing them but never received an answer from them. they never send me secondary question or link to the 75$ application fee.
 
Hey guys, I am applying next cycle but not this, I was wondering if howard requires a committee letter or are two science professors and one dentist sufficient enough? I graduated two years ago and my university does offer committee letters, however I already asked my professors and dentist to upload their letters of rec to interfolio over the summer in preparation for next cycle.
 
Hey guys, I am applying next cycle but not this, I was wondering if howard requires a committee letter or are two science professors and one dentist sufficient enough? I graduated two years ago and my university does offer committee letters, however I already asked my professors and dentist to upload their letters of rec to interfolio over the summer in preparation for next cycle.

I think most schools are either or. Either you have a committee evaluation or two science prof and a dentist (if they require a dentist). I think you’ll be fine If they are science professors. I would email them to make sure or call. I think schools generally lean towards committee letters though
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #4
School: Howard University College of Dentistry
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (overall, science): 3.42, 3.22
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/23/BIO (16)
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/26/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual