Howard University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

So I was invited for an interview on the 31st and I confirmed my invention. But still didn’t get the zoom link. Did anyone receive it yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody submit their application in September and get an interview? I'm wondering if I applied late or just don't meet their qualifications.
I applied early September and took the DAT early October, haven’t heard anything yet either.

For people who interviewed, how was it?

What did you all think about the structure of the day?

Reactions: 1 user

Very chill. Be ready for ethical questions and to talk about your service and cultural consciousness! That’s some of the things I had.

Pretty long day. Be ready with lots of questions for the student ambassadors. In my interview I was asked to define ethics and integrity. Look out for questions such as those, as well as questions pertaining to your efforts in community service and such.

Hey everyone, I applied early September, I have a 3.4 gpa and DAT 18, for those who have interviewed, do y’all think I still have a chance here? I have 100 shadowing hrs.

Hey everyone, I applied early September, I have a 3.4 gpa and DAT 18, for those who have interviewed, do y’all think I still have a chance here? I have 100 shadowing hrs.

I think so! My stats are very close to yours! It’s early still they’ll be interviewing well into next year.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I know this is kind of random but does anyone have tips for studying Organic Chemistry and General Chemistry? What methods did you all use to score well? Any tips? I am basically relearning from scratch and have 3 weeks :cryi:

Hi, I know this is kind of random but does anyone have tips for studying Organic Chemistry and General Chemistry? What methods did you all use to score well? Any tips? I am basically relearning from scratch and have 3 weeks :cryi:
Hey, I am assuming you are asking about the DAT, I also had to study in a short time, I only used DAT Bootcamp and I would recommend going over the videos and then immediately starting practice tests, it’s in the practice tests where you will learn the most. Concept over calculations but dont neglect them, I had lots of calculation problems on my exam. And for orgo, learn reagents instead of memorizing each chemical reaction.

Okay. So I am going to give you a bit of reality. Had you said that you have a solid background in your chemistry courses, I'd say that giving yourself a refresher is fine. However, you said that you are "basically relearning" from scratch. I don't think it's a good idea to cram these two subjects in three weeks. Essentially, you are setting yourself up for a retake. You do not want to spend $475 dollars more than once. My advice is to reschedule your test and don't rush the process!

I am just being honest without sugarcoating anything.

In regards to studying methods, grab a David Klein textbook, Chads Videos, and the Destroyer! Using those three materials, you will be ABSOLUTELY FINE!

Practice and practice and learning all the reactions and memorizing the special key details about those reactions will help you kill it. You need to know if something adds in an anti markovnikov fashion, is syn/anti, what is is the products of these reactions always and how that’s going to look. The only way to really master that is doing hundreds of problems. I wouldn’t recommend DAT destroyer for Orgo the problems were way harder than the test. DAT Bootcamp was the best depiction of the real exam for me I only scored a 21 in that section but I practiced sooo much I flew through there... but yes practice!

Hello lovey people ,
I applied in late October, but haven't heard back from the school (they told me that my application is not complete, as I'm waiting for my transcripts to be delivered to ADEA AADSAS).
I have 3.78 undergrad gpa and 3.92 grad gpa, 17aa, 18ts, 20pat. I was told by many to retake the DAT and to re-apply next year as this cycle is almost done with interviews/most seats being gone or will be in December as I still didn't get an interview, is that true? Is there any chance to receive an interview in December?

More about me: I'm an immigrant w/ citizenship and have 400+hrs of shadowing and currently working as a dental assistant. Is there any hope that they'll send me an interview. Thanks in advance

Hello lovey people ,
I applied in late October, but haven't heard back from the school (they told me that my application is not complete, as I'm waiting for my transcripts to be delivered to ADEA AADSAS).
I have 3.78 undergrad gpa and 3.92 grad gpa, 17aa, 18ts, 20pat. I was told by many to retake the DAT and to re-apply next year as this cycle is almost done with interviews/most seats being gone or will be in December as I still didn't get an interview, is that true? Is there any chance to receive an interview in December?

More about me: I'm an immigrant w/ citizenship and have 400+hrs of shadowing and currently working as a dental assistant. Is there any hope that they'll send me an interview. Thanks in advance
Good morning,
First, don't be discouraged; you still have time. The deadline for Howard is February 1st, so they will still interview applicants until the spaces are filled.
Second, your DAT scores are good and your GPAs are amazing! I received an interview in October with the same DAT scores as you, but I submitted my application back in June. I was just waiting to take the DAT. Once your transcripts post to your application, your status will change on ADEA AADSAS and then, you should hear back from them afterwards. It just takes time.
Third, you have a lot of experience. Some people don't have as much experience as you and still receive interviews/acceptances, so don't worry!

Hello lovey people ,

I don’t know if they are doing any more interviews this month/year but you have the entire of next year ahead of you! It’s still early & your stats are good. I wouldn’t worry, I’m sure you’ll hear from them when they send out more.

Good morning,
First, don't be discouraged; you still have time. The deadline for Howard is February 1st, so they will still interview applicants until the spaces are filled.
Second, your DAT scores are good and your GPAs are amazing! I received an interview in October with the same DAT scores as you, but I submitted my application back in June. I was just waiting to take the DAT. Once your transcripts post to your application, your status will change on ADEA AADSAS and then, you should hear back from them afterwards. It just takes time.
Third, you have a lot of experience. Some people don't have as much experience as you and still receive interviews/acceptances, so don't worry!
Thanks for replaying back, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Congrats on your interview:). How was your virtual interview if I may ask? Are there multiple applicants in the same session plus the committee (whenever I FaceTime people, I get distracted and very anxious. It's weird😅)

I don’t know if they are doing any more interviews this month/year but you have the entire of next year ahead of you! It’s still early & your stats are good. I wouldn’t worry, I’m sure you’ll hear from them when they send out more.
Thank you Leahjoos, do you know when they start sending acceptances? (just want to know if seats have started filling. I've tried to call, but it seems that the main communication method is via email)

Thanks for replaying back, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Congrats on your interview:). How was your virtual interview if I may ask? Are there multiple applicants in the same session plus the committee (whenever I FaceTime people, I get distracted and very anxious. It's weird😅)
It's not a problem! Thank you so much! For me, it was a little exhausting. The Zoom meeting was from 8:00 AM-1:45 PM. The interview itself went okay. I had both a faculty member and student ambassador ask me questions, but I was the only applicant in the interviewing session. Once the interview was over, I had to go back into the main room where Q&A was taking place between the applicants and the student ambassadors. That interview was my first interview, so I was very anxious. I'm a very anxious person too lol. However, after my first interview, all the other interviews seemed more relaxing, so you'll be just fine!

I feel like I fumbled my words for a couple of questions during the interview though I did get my point across. I just keep thinking that may have a bad effect on my chance of being accepted or not smh .

I feel like I fumbled my words for a couple of questions during the interview though I did get my point across. I just keep thinking that may have a bad effect on my chance of being accepted or not smh .

Don’t overthink it! They know you’re probably nervous and if they like you and what you’re saying they’ll look past it! For now good job on getting the interview! The hardest part is over now you can relax.

• Care
Hi everyone!
Anyone who is not a URM got an interview? If so could you share your GPA and DAT score?

Last edited:
who do I email to accept a waitlist offer? I was not quite sure who to send it to

who do I email to accept a waitlist offer? I was not quite sure who to send it to
I would email Mrs. Nixon. I don’t know her email off the top of my head but you can find it on the website. Hope that helps

I don’t think I heard anything I just got an invite, they acknowledged my unofficial scores I emailed to them after my interview actually. So I don’t think they send a confirmation or at least I never got one
What was the email you sent the unofficial scores too?

Hello everyone,
Has the school sent any invitation this year, I tried reaching out to Ms. Nixon, it’s been couple days w/ no answer

does anyone know if they accept college courses? also, have anyone who is not considered URM been accepted?

Hey guys, I just got a notification for an interview today! Do any of you guys mind letting me know about the interview process and is there anything to be cautios of?

Hey guys, I just got a notification for an interview today! Do any of you guys mind letting me know about the interview process and is there anything to be cautios of?
Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your stats? And when you applied? Thank you so much!

Congratulations on your interview invite! Feel free to join this groupme so you can connect with current D1s and applicants that got accepted. They can provide you potential interview questions to look out for. You're invited to join my group "General Questions About HUCD" on GroupMe. GroupMe

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your stats? And when you applied? Thank you so much!
Ive been seeing you reply a lot. Dont be nervous. Howard takes a long time to send out interviews. You have 3 months to hear something. Keep your faith. I pray its in God's Will you get in. Maybe I'll see you there!

Ive been seeing you reply a lot. Dont be nervous. Howard takes a long time to send out interviews. You have 3 months to hear something. Keep your faith. I pray its in God's Will you get in. Maybe I'll see you there!
Thank you so much! Definitely needed to hear that! You are so sweet!❤️Hopefully we will see each other if I make it this cycle!

I just received an email for an interview invite! Please feel free to message me any tips/recommendations I should know before interviewing. Thank you :)

Any recent acceptances? I remember Mrs. Willis mentioning them meeting & possibly letting us know by the end of last week

I just received an email for an interview invite! Please feel free to message me any tips/recommendations I should know before interviewing. Thank you :)
Have all your questions ready. Be prepared for some type of ethical question. Idk about everyone else but mine was open file so we discussed a few things that stuck out. Very conversational so I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I would. Good luck!