Howard University Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi all,
I completed my app on AADSAS for Howard, but they have a required document section to upload my unofficial DAT score. I am retaking it in a couple of weeks, so am I supposed to wait, or are they asking for the unofficial score for all attempts?
Thanks
 
Hi everyone,
I have not yet received confirmation of my application/ request to pay the supplemental fee. Has anyone else received it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any current students at Howard that I can PM? I would like to ask you guys some specific questions.
 
Anybody here received confirmation of the supplemental fee?
Thank you all for your help and updates, I really appreciate it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How important is Anatomy as requirement ? Can that be satisfied after graduation at a community college ? Thanks
 
How important is Anatomy as requirement ? Can that be satisfied after graduation at a community college ? Thanks
I completed A&P 1 at CC but finished the second part at a 4 year institution and re took them in my post-bacc also at a 4-year. Id call the school and ask, because some are particular about completing those courses at a 4 year institution. As far as importance, I feel like its better to go into dental school with background knowledge because Anatomy can be challenging in general, but having taken the course prior can make it more manageable
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't mind, can you share your stats?
Interview #4
School: Howard University College of Dentistry
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 8/5
GPA (overall, science): 3.56/3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/18/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11(given not chosen)
Method of Interview: Virtual

It looks like you’ll probably have to wait almost a month after they received your payment for the secondary application . Best of luck to everybody!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same I received an interview invite last night as well for September 11th!!! Any tips or questions for Howard from last year or anything? Let's make a groupchat on iMessage or snap or Facebook and let's get in together guys!
 
Do invitations go on a rolling basis? I have got my payment confirmation on Aug 20- and haven't heard anything about the interview yet🙁 Is there any particular order when they send out interviews?
 
Same I received an interview invite last night as well for September 11th!!! Any tips or questions for Howard from last year or anything? Let's make a groupchat on iMessage or snap or Facebook and let's get in together guys!
Did you email the specific person to accept your interview and got a link back for the other instructions for the interview yet?
 
Did you email the specific person to accept your interview and got a link back for the other instructions for the interview yet?

I emailed her back that same night i got the email but no response yet! They said the deadline to respond was yesterday so I'm sure they will send out the invites and info this coming week or this weekend!