You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Howard University Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone gotten specifics about the interview after confirming their interview slot?
Mine still says "under review"!Did anyone's status on AADSAS go from "under review" to "none" recently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't.. still waiting.Has anyone gotten specifics about the interview after confirming their interview slot?
Now I'm getting nervous since I haven't heard anything regarding an interview lol
I haven't.. still waiting.
Same still waiting for details after confirming the interview...
Same still waiting for details after confirming the interview...
Just got the interview details an hour ago!! Good luck to everyone this Saturday!! I hope to see everyone there!
does anyone know the style of Howard’s interviews on zoom?
Good Morning Potential HUCD D1s,
I was in your shoes last year and I’m writing you because one of my mentees is currently trying to get into HUCD. I’m here to give you some advice as a D1 in their 3rd week.
Do not stress yourself out if you haven’t gotten an interview invite just yet. It is unnecessary anxiety that you are putting on yourself. Howard literally interviews leading into March. Try to not ask others for their stats because their stats have nothing to do with you. There’s people who have blazing scores, yet lack the other intangibles that go along with being an amazing candidate.
In regards to receiving an answer about your application, it is literally like searching for a needle in a haystack. Sad to say, you have to wait. This school takes in roughly 2000 applications and our class is 72. I wish you all the best this cycle. Do not lose hope and once again, don’t worry if you haven’t gotten an interview invite the first round. There’s still more to go!
In regards to the DAT, try not to apply with anything lower than a 17.
I was in your shoes last year and I’m writing you because one of my mentees is currently trying to get into HUCD. I’m here to give you some advice as a D1 in their 3rd week.
Do not stress yourself out if you haven’t gotten an interview invite just yet. It is unnecessary anxiety that you are putting on yourself. Howard literally interviews leading into March. Try to not ask others for their stats because their stats have nothing to do with you. There’s people who have blazing scores, yet lack the other intangibles that go along with being an amazing candidate.
In regards to receiving an answer about your application, it is literally like searching for a needle in a haystack. Sad to say, you have to wait. This school takes in roughly 2000 applications and our class is 72. I wish you all the best this cycle. Do not lose hope and once again, don’t worry if you haven’t gotten an interview invite the first round. There’s still more to go!
In regards to the DAT, try not to apply with anything lower than a 17.
Last year it was Zoom. Our classes are in person currently. So it may be in person. But I’m only saying this because we are on campus and we get COVID tested weekly.does anyone know the style of Howard’s interviews on zoom?
Hi! Do you have any advice for the interview? I was offered an interview for this Saturday and I am a little nervous! Could you say which mission statement is the correct mission statement. I am finding more than one on websites. Lastly, do you know if it is a closed or open interview? I am trying to figure out what things they would be interested in hearing when I answer "Tell me about yourself" based on if they have already reviewed my app or not. Thank you!Good Morning Potential HUCD D1s,
I was in your shoes last year and I’m writing you because one of my mentees is currently trying to get into HUCD. I’m here to give you some advice as a D1 in their 3rd week.
Do not stress yourself out if you haven’t gotten an interview invite just yet. It is unnecessary anxiety that you are putting on yourself. Howard literally interviews leading into March. Try to not ask others for their stats because their stats have nothing to do with you. There’s people who have blazing scores, yet lack the other intangibles that go along with being an amazing candidate.
In regards to receiving an answer about your application, it is literally like searching for a needle in a haystack. Sad to say, you have to wait. This school takes in roughly 2000 applications and our class is 72. I wish you all the best this cycle. Do not lose hope and once again, don’t worry if you haven’t gotten an interview invite the first round. There’s still more to go!
In regards to the DAT, try not to apply with anything lower than a 17.
Hi. Congratulations on your interview. If you were granted an interview, then they have already more than likely pinned you in. They are now trying to put a face to the application, as in making sure you are exactly who you say you are in the application. Especially being part of the first round of interviews. My biggest advice is for you to figure out some important talking points in your life. Try to include something fun. Know the mission statement that is found on HUCD webpage. And HUCD student affairs is the best way to receive information about the college. Also, make sure you emphasize community service! HUCD takes that very seriously. I wish you the best.Hi! Do you have any advice for the interview? I was offered an interview for this Saturday and I am a little nervous! Could you say which mission statement is the correct mission statement. I am finding more than one on websites. Lastly, do you know if it is a closed or open interview? I am trying to figure out what things they would be interested in hearing when I answer "Tell me about yourself" based on if they have already reviewed my app or not. Thank you!
Thank you so much!Hi. Congratulations on your interview. If you were granted an interview, then they have already more than likely pinned you in. They are now trying to put a face to the application, as in making sure you are exactly who you say you are in the application. Especially being part of the first round of interviews. My biggest advice is for you to figure out some important talking points in your life. Try to include something fun. Know the mission statement that is found on HUCD webpage. And HUCD student affairs is the best way to receive information about the college. Also, make sure you emphasize community service! HUCD takes that very seriously. I wish you the best.
FutureDr.Drew
New Member
Hello,
I have received an interview invitation for Sep. 25 (virtually) about two weeks ago and have not received the link and information for it after accepting it to Mrs. Nixon’s email. Thank you for all the advice and tips above! Any suggestions?
I have received an interview invitation for Sep. 25 (virtually) about two weeks ago and have not received the link and information for it after accepting it to Mrs. Nixon’s email. Thank you for all the advice and tips above! Any suggestions?
Hi! It's nothing to be worried about. I interviewed on the 11th and received the link/information the week of.Hello,
I have received an interview invitation for Sep. 25 (virtually) about two weeks ago and have not received the link and information for it after accepting it to Mrs. Nixon’s email. Thank you for all the advice and tips above! Any suggestions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDr.Drew
New Member
Awesome, no worries! Thank you for the information. I hope your interview went well, hopefully see you sometime.Hi! It's nothing to be worried about. I interviewed on the 11th and received the link/information the week of.
No problem! Thank you 🙂 and good luck! Just be yourself. It was a very relaxed interview and everyone is super nice.Awesome, no worries! Thank you for the information. I hope your interview went well, hopefully see you sometime.
smittiesmiles
New Member
I just checked today.. mine did. That's strange! What does this mean?Did anyone's status on AADSAS go from "under review" to "none" recently?
NaturallyFlossy
Full Member
Invited for interview this morning but the days don’t match up to email. Anyone reached out about this?
I definitely don't think you lost the chance. It's still early in the cycle and some schools haven't started sending invites yet. Howard has interviewed up to as late as February based on what I've seen in previous threads... They probably even interview later than that. Just keep the faith! It's a hard waiting game but what's meant to be will be! Good luck this cycle!I have submitted my application in early June, and haven't got the interview invite so far. Does this mean that I have lost the chance? Do they invite on a rolling basis?
mermaidtales
New Member
I received my invite today as well for the 25th. I did send a follow up email to ask because I noticed the discrepancy between the day of the week and the day. I'm concerned because I know last year they did some interviews on Wednesdays so I would hate for it to actually be WEDNESDAY sept 22nd and I'm not fully prepared. I'm just waiting to hear backInvited for interview this morning but the days don’t match up to email. Anyone reached out about this?
NaturallyFlossy
Full Member
Same dates haha. Can you let me know what she says?I received my invite today as well for the 25th. I did send a follow up email to ask because I noticed the discrepancy between the day of the week and the day. I'm concerned because I know last year they did some interviews on Wednesdays so I would hate for it to actually be WEDNESDAY sept 22nd and I'm not fully prepared. I'm just waiting to hear back
mermaidtales
New Member
So I was told the interview is for WEDNESDAY sep 22Same dates haha. Can you let me know what she says?
smittiesmiles
New Member
Invited today for the 25th!
Hi guys! I got my invite for Saturday September 25th. For those who did it already, could you tell me how it was for you via the zoom method? Like should i expect multiple people to be in the room? Thanks in advance 😁
Hey! Everything was really straight forward. When I had my interview, I was interviewed by three people: a student, faculty member, and a doctor who is an alum on the college. When you're not in your interview, you are just in the main room with a panel of students and you can just openly ask them any questions you may have!Hi guys! I got my invite for Saturday September 25th. For those who did it already, could you tell me how it was for you via the zoom method? Like should i expect multiple people to be in the room? Thanks in advance 😁
Thanks for the heads up. Do you remember what types of questions they asked you?Hey! Everything was really straight forward. When I had my interview, I was interviewed by three people: a student, faculty member, and a doctor who is an alum on the college. When you're not in your interview, you are just in the main room with a panel of students and you can just openly ask them any questions you may have!
It was honestly just a conversation. They want to get to know you and your personality. I would say to make sure you know your application. Also know their mission statement.Thanks for the heads up. Do you remember what types of questions they asked you?
I didn't get that message saying i have 10 days, that's weirdNo I got it today. It says I have 10 days to send the payment
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDr.Drew
New Member
Hey everyone! Can anyone who has had an interview so far tell me when I should be receiving the link for the virtual interview?
Mine is this Saturday the 25th and I agreed to attend the same day I received it weeks ago. Thank you for your time and best of luck!
Mine is this Saturday the 25th and I agreed to attend the same day I received it weeks ago. Thank you for your time and best of luck!
I received the information the Tuesday before my Saturday interview.Hey everyone! Can anyone who has had an interview so far tell me when I should be receiving the link for the virtual interview?
Mine is this Saturday the 25th and I agreed to attend the same day I received it weeks ago. Thank you for your time and best of luck!
FutureDr.Drew
New Member
Awesome, thank you for the information!I received the information the Tuesday before my Saturday interview.
hi everyone! how long did it take for howard to process the supplemental app fee?
Took mine about 2 weekshi everyone! how long did it take for howard to process the supplemental app fee?
For those interviewing Saturday, anyone received their link yet?
FutureDr.Drew
New Member
No, I have not received it yet.For those interviewing Saturday, anyone received their link yet?
I have not received mine either. Not sure if I should email them or what?For those interviewing Saturday, anyone received their link yet?
I was gonna email tonight and see what’s up. I know they sent my invite around 830pm on a Friday so I wasn’t sure if that’s when I would get the link or notI have not received mine either. Not sure if I should email them or what?
Ok, I'll do the same if I don't hear by tonight! Sounds like we all haven't received an email so we should be fineI was gonna email tonight and see what’s up. I know they sent my invite around 830pm on a Friday so I wasn’t sure if that’s when I would get the link or not
FutureDr.Drew
New Member
Good morning guys,
I received my link and information for tomorrow’s interview last night. I hope you guys have received it as well.
I received my link and information for tomorrow’s interview last night. I hope you guys have received it as well.
Yes, I got mine last night as wellGood morning guys,
I received my link and information for tomorrow’s interview last night. I hope you guys have received it as well.
Keep your head up. I hear they interview well into next year as wellAny interview invites recently? I am still waiting- applied early June 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NaturallyFlossy
Full Member
Hey! So a friend of mine did, he said his date is October 16.Has anyone received an interview invite recently? I'm still waiting to hear back
Can I ask what your stats are?just got an interview invite for Saturday, Oct 16.
I did not print anything and was fineDid you guys print anything before the interview? Do we just need to print the email? Thank you
Similar threads
- Replies
- 58
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 84
- Views
- 34K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 26
- Views
- 14K