You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
howard university cop c/o 2015
Started by bongos
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anyone else get an interview on 1/15? for those that have interviewed already, how did you guys get from the airport to campus and are there any suggestions on a cheap place to spend the night?
Yes, Jan 15 it is! fortunately I live in MD. I will drive

When did you summit your application???Yes, Jan 15 it is! fortunately I live in MD. I will drive![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview on the 15th too! See you fellow SDNers there! 🙂
anyone else get an interview on 1/15? for those that have interviewed already, how did you guys get from the airport to campus and are there any suggestions on a cheap place to spend the night?
can you share when did you summit Howard application and congrats for your acceptanceI have an interview on the 15th too! See you fellow SDNers there! 🙂
Thank You
Howard received my PharmCAS application back in late September and wasn't offered an interview until mid-November. I haven't been accepted yet (my interview is not until the 15th), but I'm keeping my hopes up!
Good luck!
Good luck!can you share when did you summit Howard application and congrats for your acceptance
Thank You
I know you haven't interviewed to yet.. congrats to PCOM-GA: acceptance good luck on your interview at Howard... please share your experienceHoward received my PharmCAS application back in late September and wasn't offered an interview until mid-November. I haven't been accepted yet (my interview is not until the 15th), but I'm keeping my hopes up!Good luck!
When did you summit your application???
hey sorry for the late response. i was stuck at MA because of the snow.
I submitted my pharmcas in late november.
Anyone know how long the wait is after the interview? Also is there a way to see what I missed on the math quiz because I definately guessed on 5 of them and am curious about how one solves them?
Anyone know how long the wait is after the interview? Also is there a way to see what I missed on the math quiz because I definately guessed on 5 of them and am curious about how one solves them?
Hey. The wait could be anytime between 3 weeks to maybe 2 months. Give it time, I am sure the admissions committee is meeting on a regular basis to choose candidates. Regarding the math quiz, you might want to contact Ms. Terry Sconion. I doubt she would be able to give it to you right now since more interview sessions are left, but probably after April or so you can get the questions to check them.
Hope this helps.
Hey, I was wondering if we would have to take a drug test or screening if we got accepted? any current howard students have an answer to this??
Second question is how helpful would taking biochem be for the first year at pharm school at howard??
thx a ton
Second question is how helpful would taking biochem be for the first year at pharm school at howard??
thx a ton
Hey, I was wondering if we would have to take a drug test or screening if we got accepted? any current howard students have an answer to this??
Second question is how helpful would taking biochem be for the first year at pharm school at howard??
thx a ton
Hey. Regarding drug test, from my knowledge, no one for our incoming class had to take a drug test. I know that I didnt.
For the biochem, I suggest taking it because first semester you will be doing Biochem/Microbiology as one class and for people who had taken biochem previously, it made semester 1 a lot easier for them.
Hope this helps.
I have an interview on Feb 12th...anyone else?
Im coming from Michigan, where would be a decent hotel to stay?
Thanks😀
Im coming from Michigan, where would be a decent hotel to stay?
Thanks😀
Last edited:
I stayed at the Capital Hilton when I had my interview... it's very convenient to the metro, which I would recommend taking. DC traffic is crazy! Also it's close to restaurants if that's important to you!
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/DCASHHH-Capital-Hilton-District-of-Columbia/index.do
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/DCASHHH-Capital-Hilton-District-of-Columbia/index.do
I have an interview on Feb 12th...anyone else?
Im coming from Michigan, where would be a decent hotel to stay?
Thanks😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTANCE 




YU HU!
ACCEPTANCE
YU HU!
Congratulations! Any tips on the interview? What do you think about the curriculum?
when did you apply and when is your interview???Congratulations! Any tips on the interview? What do you think about the curriculum?
Congratulations! Any tips on the interview? What do you think about the curriculum?
Thanks. The curriculum looks comprehensive and well organized throughout the years. On interview, be prepared to wait patiently for your turn. Relax and eat the food they provide😛 Current students are very friendly and welcoming. The faculty who interviewed me made sure I explained things CLEARLY. However, there were not many questions for which I had to think critically. The math exam resembles PCAT math portion questions. Good luck. 👍
Howard - Accepted
MCPHS - Accepted
Maryland - Interviewed
Shanendoah - Interview tomorrow

Thanks. The curriculum looks comprehensive and well organized throughout the years. On interview, be prepared to wait patiently for your turn. Relax and eat the food they provide😛 Current students are very friendly and welcoming. The faculty who interviewed me made sure I explained things CLEARLY. However, there were not many questions for which I had to think critically. The math exam resembles PCAT math portion questions. Good luck. 👍
Howard - Accepted
MCPHS - Accepted
Maryland - Interviewed
Shanendoah - Interview tomorrow![]()
Thanks a bunch!

just received my letter of acceptance! i plan to send in my deposit within the next few days, good luck to those interviewing!
congrats 🙂
just received my letter of acceptance! i plan to send in my deposit within the next few days, good luck to those interviewing!
Congratulations!

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).🙂
I was wondering whats the next step after sending in deposit. I haven't heard anything back whether it was received or not....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering whats the next step after sending in deposit. I haven't heard anything back whether it was received or not....
Hey Contact Terry Sconion or Mr Prince to confirm they received your deposit. For further info, give them a little time as interviews are still going. My guess is that you will get information on white coat ceremony/orientation sometime in late April or May.
Hey I interviewed on the 12th of February! I received a letter before that saying that I am missing two pre-reqs. I emailed them saying that I am currently taking them now so that I would be done by the end of Spring. Should I call them too since I still haven't received another letter back from the email.
Hey Contact Terry Sconion or Mr Prince to confirm they received your deposit. For further info, give them a little time as interviews are still going. My guess is that you will get information on white coat ceremony/orientation sometime in late April or May.
thanks. I called Prince. He said I should be getting it very soon.
Last edited:
Hey I interviewed on the 12th of February! I received a letter before that saying that I am missing two pre-reqs. I emailed them saying that I am currently taking them now so that I would be done by the end of Spring. Should I call them too since I still haven't received another letter back from the email.
Hey Jam8611 Contact Keri Crutchfield to verify she got your email and just reassure her that you are currently taking those courses and will have them fulfilled before the year is out. Its always better to verify they got all the information. I am sure once they know you are taking those classes, there should be no problem, you will probably just have to submit your transcripts once they are ready.
hello all
i just received an email and phone call for an interview 3/19.
i was wondering how long it takes from airport to the school with traffic?
any advice? what to expect at the interview?
i just received an email and phone call for an interview 3/19.
i was wondering how long it takes from airport to the school with traffic?
any advice? what to expect at the interview?
Hi,
I have been accepted into the pharmacy program.
I have been accepted into the pharmacy program.
Hey all,
I have been accepted into the pharmacy program. 🙂 Do any of you know where you plan to live yet or any apartment search links? I'm coming from Florida so this is going to be a long and possibly a difficult task. Can't wait to see you all!!!!
I have been accepted into the pharmacy program. 🙂 Do any of you know where you plan to live yet or any apartment search links? I'm coming from Florida so this is going to be a long and possibly a difficult task. Can't wait to see you all!!!!
Hey all,
I have been accepted into the pharmacy program. 🙂 Do any of you know where you plan to live yet or any apartment search links? I'm coming from Florida so this is going to be a long and possibly a difficult task. Can't wait to see you all!!!!
Hello! I have the same questions as well about housing. I'm from California, so it might be just as difficult for me. 😛
Hi everyone who just got accepted,
I am thinking about commuting everyday by metro for about 30 minutes from Maryland, although this may not be a good idea.
Any idea on when new student orientation/ white coat ceremony is going to occur?
Can't wait to upgrade my title to Intern 👍
I am thinking about commuting everyday by metro for about 30 minutes from Maryland, although this may not be a good idea.
Any idea on when new student orientation/ white coat ceremony is going to occur?
Can't wait to upgrade my title to Intern 👍
is there a facebook group for our incoming class?
That's what I been hearing from people. Most students just commute from MD to the school. What part of MD are you staying in?Hi everyone who just got accepted,
I am thinking about commuting everyday by metro for about 30 minutes from Maryland, although this may not be a good idea.
Any idea on when new student orientation/ white coat ceremony is going to occur?
Can't wait to upgrade my title to Intern 👍
That's what I been hearing from people. Most students just commute from MD to the school. What part of MD are you staying in?
Germantown
That's what I been hearing from people. Most students just commute from MD to the school. What part of MD are you staying in?
Hey guys, congrats to those who got accepted!!! For living around campus, I suggest not living in DC because it will be expensive. Search around Hyattsville or Silver Spring MD for places near the metro.
In my opinion, the dorms might not be worth it. It is convenient cus its on campus but for the money you are paying, it is not worth it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, congrats to those who got accepted!!! For living around campus, I suggest not living in DC because it will be expensive. Search around Hyattsville or Silver Spring MD for places near the metro.
In my opinion, the dorms might not be worth it. It is convenient cus its on campus but for the money you are paying, it is not worth it.
Some quick questions for you:
-Is Physiology part of the curriculum? I am taking A & P II right now originally intended for pre-req at other pharm schools. Not sure if this will help.
-When is the first day of class during fall?
-Is Howard still interviewing?
-Is Howard still interviewing?
I think the last day of interviews was March 19, 2010.
When I was flying out for my interview on February 25th, I was stuck in St. Louis because of a flight cancellation and Mr. Prince said that I could still go in the the 19th, but it'd be the last interview available. Good thing I made it though. 😛
Some quick questions for you:
-Is Physiology part of the curriculum? I am taking A & P II right now originally intended for pre-req at other pharm schools. Not sure if this will help.
-When is the first day of class during fall?
-Is Howard still interviewing?
Semester 1 you will be taking anatomy/physiology with that class, itll make ur life much easier
not sure about 1st day of school, you will get info on that soon. The orientation and white coat ceremony should be coming soon as well.
I am not sure about interviews.
Semester 1 you will be taking anatomy/physiology with that class, itll make ur life much easier
not sure about 1st day of school, you will get info on that soon. The orientation and white coat ceremony should be coming soon as well.
I am not sure about interviews.
As always, thanks for your help!
Soo I heard Hyattsville and Silver Spring is unsafe and those were the two areas I was considering to live in. Can anyone dispute this?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K