howard university cop c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Soo I heard Hyattsville and Silver Spring is unsafe and those were the two areas I was considering to live in. Can anyone dispute this?

I lived in Hyattsville for a year during undergrad. Never had problems. I lived near UMCP. Rent was affordable. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Soo I heard Hyattsville and Silver Spring is unsafe and those were the two areas I was considering to live in. Can anyone dispute this?

I currently live in Hyattsville and never had an issue, several of my classmates live in Hyattsville and Silver Springs and they never had an issue either.

They are no more dangerous than any other city around here, but they are more affordable to live in because of the student population.

K thanks for the clarification. Can you list some apartment complexes that most student live in please. I'm sure this will be helpful as it will narrow down the list of apartments that are in the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
K thanks for the clarification. Can you list some apartment complexes that most student live in please. I'm sure this will be helpful as it will narrow down the list of apartments that are in the area.

mosiac (probably not spelled correctly lol) cypress creek UTC towers or check on Craigslist cus a lot of people have basement apartments in hyattsville and rent them out for cheap.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! I'll be giving up my spot, I hope it goes to someone on here! :)

I too gave up my spot today. Univ of Md shady grove is 15 min drive for me :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a letter through the mail. Judging by your question I assume that you haven't heard anything yet...

Is Howard your first choice???? this question goes out to everyone that applied to this school

Hi all,
Does anyone know the TOTAL amount it cost to attend HUSOP, including cost of living, books, transportation... etc? My concern is the amount of loans that will have to be taken out. I got into my in-state school (University of Florida), but the thought of going to D.C is exciting.Some say it's absurd to pay back $120,000+ worth of loans because you won't be able to live comfortably. Can anyone dispute this or know of an HU pharmacy graduate who was able to live comfortably once entering the work field?

I kind of had a tie for my 1st choices.HU and UF. This is why I'm in a dilemma on choosing which one to attend. :-(

If I were you I'd definately choose UF over HU. One big reason is because you'll get in-state tuition. In addition, DC is not as exciting as you might think so don't let anyone fool you.

Hi all,
Does anyone know the TOTAL amount it cost to attend HUSOP, including cost of living, books, transportation... etc? My concern is the amount of loans that will have to be taken out. I got into my in-state school (University of Florida), but the thought of going to D.C is exciting.Some say it's absurd to pay back $120,000+ worth of loans because you won't be able to live comfortably. Can anyone dispute this or know of an HU pharmacy graduate who was able to live comfortably once entering the work field?

Comfortableness is very subjective... you can make 30million a year and be miserable every day of your life. You can also make 50G/year and be the happiest person on earth. It all comes down to an individuals way of life and being able to live within once's means.

Comfortableness is very subjective... you can make 30million a year and be miserable every day of your life. You can also make 50G/year and be the happiest person on earth. It all comes down to an individuals way of life and being able to live within once's means.
True...totally understandable. Thanks for your opinion too..greatly appreciate it. Just the thought of being somewhere new was exciting even though you say d.c is not that exciting lol. I came to UF as an undergrad and I just liked the thought of a new environment as oppose to being here for another 4 years. I just definitely have to sit down and determine the chance I'm willing to take. Have you heard from Howard yet? Is this your first choice? Waiting on others?

has anyone started looking for housing? anyone need some roommates?:)

would anybody be willing to start a fbk group for our class with me? I need to befriend someone so that I can get the group started. Message me if you are down and we can become friends on fbk.

I've been accepted to several pharmacy schools and based on the interviews and opportunities available, i chose HU. I paid the $1000 enrollment fee and I will be sending my transcript once the semester ends. Has anyone gotten housing information, full financial aid info, etc.? p.s. I joined the fb group.

Hey Triton, yes I am looking for roommates also, preferably from the HU School of Pharmacy. I am open to HU students from other professional programs also.

i'm coming from california and do not know anyone there. let me know if any of you guys are looking for a roommate

Hey Triton, yes I am looking for roommates also, preferably from the HU School of Pharmacy. I am open to HU students from other professional programs also.

yeah have you started looking for places?

Anyone still on the waiting-list for HU? Has anyone decided to decline their offer?

I am but according to the letter, if we don't hear from them by July 15th, that means there is no more seat available. It's unfortunate but that's the drift I'm getting.

I heard from an HU student that the school usually calls a lot a people from the waiting-list...have u been accepted into any other schools?

I would think so too but I got no calls. I will be reapplying soon.

This thread is so dead..haha

For those of you that have started, how do you like it there? Do they motivate you to continue and feel that you will have a job when you graduate?

I'm still taking pre req's but HU is in my top 5 to attend STARTING in fall '13. I'm just afraid to take the leap, seeing that folks feel pharmacy is dying...

Just need your outlook, please. :xf:

hi everyone, i just joined the forum. i have difficulties figuring out how to post stuff. i trien once but don't see it.
help

thanks guys, i think i'm ok now.

Just want to know if anyone has been called up for interview, b/c got an interview invite a week ago. my date is 10/15/2011. Any one? if so when?

thanks guys, i think i'm ok now.

Just want to know if anyone has been called up for interview, b/c got an interview invite a week ago. my date is 10/15/2011. Any one? if so when?

when did you send in your pharmcas? Cuz I'm still waiting

i did early decision so i sent in my pharmcas app on aug 27th, GPA calc9/9, mailed to HU on 9/19, interview invite on 9/27. did u also do early admission?

i did early decision so i sent in my pharmcas app on aug 27th, GPA calc9/9, mailed to HU on 9/19, interview invite on 9/27. did u also do early admission?

No, I just did regular admissions, and mailed on the same day, so hopefully i hear something soon.

I also applied regular admission to Howard University. I was surprised to have reveived a call me back message last week. I have sceduled an interview for November 19. I am thrilled.

Last edited:
I also applied regular admission to Howard University. I was surprised to have reveived a call me back message last week. I have sceduled an interview for November 19. I am thrilled.

My statistics
GPA 3.13
PCAT 88
no pharmacy experience
Notre Dame -interview granted Nov 9
Howard University - interview granted Nov 19
Maryland UMB applied
University of Oklahoma applied
Shenandoah applied

wow, congratz, when did you send out ur applicant? I applied regular too, but they sent me a mail told that waiting for my PCAT score, Anyway, good luck :)

since u just mailed in your app, hope they call u in soon. congrats reading friend, that was quick. i feel nervous since this is going to be my first interview.

is there no one with interview on 10/15? i'm i the only one? pls indicate . thks

I will be interviewing on Oct 15th also. I applied for regular admission.