You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
howard university cop c/o 2015
Started by bongos
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ok. good luck n see you tomorrow.I am coming from Northern Virginia.
Hello,
Everyone that got an interview invite from Howard, it is true that Howard is easy to get into? The question sounds pathetic but I honestly want to apply where I could get in. MY GPA is not very high, but I plan on acing the PCAT when I take it next year. Will appreciate any input on this.
Everyone that got an interview invite from Howard, it is true that Howard is easy to get into? The question sounds pathetic but I honestly want to apply where I could get in. MY GPA is not very high, but I plan on acing the PCAT when I take it next year. Will appreciate any input on this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no one shd fool u that Howard or any Pharmacy school is easy to get into so just do your best so u can be competitive. Let nobody try to make u fall back. Pharmacy is not easy but we all can do it if we are dedicated. it is not the school that matters
hi to all who interviewed on 10/15. anyone got a reply yet?
i just received my acceptance letter today evening 10/28
and i'm going for it. not applying else where any more. hope u all receive yours soon. good luck
and i'm going for it. not applying else where any more. hope u all receive yours soon. good luckWow, congrats. it means you just got your mail. mine came in the mail. see u in AUG 2012Nvm, I got in!!!!!!
Hi, just received an interview invitation for Howard. If anyone who has been thru the interview could give a few pointers that would be great. How long is the interview, do we have to take any exams or write essays, possible interview questions etc. I'm really excited and would like to be as best prepared as possible. Thanks!!
Hi, just received an interview invitation for Howard. If anyone who has been thru the interview could give a few pointers that would be great. How long is the interview, do we have to take any exams or write essays, possible interview questions etc. I'm really excited and would like to be as best prepared as possible. Thanks!!
Is ur interview for 11/19?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup 11/19 at 9:30am coming from California.
Hi, just received an interview invitation for Howard. If anyone who has been thru the interview could give a few pointers that would be great. How long is the interview, do we have to take any exams or write essays, possible interview questions etc. I'm really excited and would like to be as best prepared as possible. Thanks!!
Don't stress it, the interview was really relaxed. Just go over the interview feedback questions for HU. The actual interview wasn't very long, ~20min. There is a math quiz (basic conversions, calc, etc.).
http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/howard-pharm/survey/29
What type of stuff should we do to prepare for the calculus stuff? Do you think going over a couple Khan Academy lectures on integrals/derivatives would be enough or more in depth? I'm not too worried about conversions but I haven't taken calculus in 4 years and am probably very rusty.
just don't be stressed out. i understand how u feel b/c i felt the same way too. just go thru the review questions and be self confident when u respond to the questions asked. for example, "tell us briefly about yourself" was my # 1 question. for the math, keep a cool head and stay ontop of your conversions. good luckCool, Thanks! I have my interview on the 19th, and I'm getting a little nervous since Howard is #1 on my list of all the colleges I've gotten interviews at so far.
Don't stress it, the interview was really relaxed. Just go over the interview feedback questions for HU. The actual interview wasn't very long, ~20min. There is a math quiz (basic conversions, calc, etc.).
http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/howard-pharm/survey/29
Thanks so much! So Mr. Prince said he would send info regarding the interview, but i haven't received any emails so far and i was called on Monday for the interview. Has anyone received any emails with info on the interview.
Also anyone know where to stay in DC for the interview? What airport is easier to fly into?
thanks!
My email got caught in my spam filter, you should check in there. Reagan is the closest airport to Howard. I'm staying with friends as well so I can't really help you out with where to stay. I went to visit last time I was in the DC area and there's a Metro stop pretty close to the school (about 5 or 6 blocks away) so pretty much anywhere in DC will be able to get you close to the school.
EDIT:
PRO TIP: Make sure you keep cash with you as DC taxis only accept cash, no credit cards!
EDIT:
PRO TIP: Make sure you keep cash with you as DC taxis only accept cash, no credit cards!
once you're accepted, does anyone know the deadline that you have to tell them if you wish to attend/decline the offer to their school
14 days.
14 days.
Hey could you tell me what was ur response for "why Howard university" question??
just don't be stressed out. i understand how u feel b/c i felt the same way too. just go thru the review questions and be self confident when u respond to the questions asked. for example, "tell us briefly about yourself" was my # 1 question. for the math, keep a cool head and stay ontop of your conversions.
Hey could you tell me what was ur response for "why Howard university" question??
Did anyone who interviewed on November 19 get an acceptance yet? They said we would hear between Dec. 1-9th. It may be too soon, but I am getting anxious.
I interviewed on the 19th as well. Super anxious!! The letters should be coming any day now...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called and asked today and was told the letters have been mailed. It was thought we should have received them today. I did not receive anything yet but perhaps tomorrow. At least I know the die has been cast. Anyone get theirs yet?
I called and asked today and was told the letters have been mailed. It was thought we should have received them today. I did not receive anything yet but perhaps tomorrow. At least I know the die has been cast. Anyone get theirs yet?
Did they mention when they mailed them out by any chance...all this anticipation is dreadful!

Did they mention when they mailed them out by any chance...all this anticipation is dreadful!![]()
No, they just mail it. You won't know until you receive the letter in the mail.
My letter came today and it says they were mailed Dec. 5th. Wow I am going to have a hard time making a decision. There are favorable aspects of each program. I want to really to encourage lurkers who will read this later to really consider the program at Howard when choosing where to apply . I think Howard has a unique program with a lot to offer. I do not have any idea which program to choose.
accepteddddd!!
it's going to be a tough decision for sure...
it's going to be a tough decision for sure...
what other schools did you get into?
accepteddddd!!
it's going to be a tough decision for sure...
No mail so far..are you in guys in the east coast?
For all of you who got into Howard, do you mind posting your stats please?
I have been accepted to Notre Dame and Howard.
interviewed at Shenandoah and OU.
waiting to hear from University of Maryland.
PCAT 88 composite
3.19 GPA overall
Pharmacy school checklist having one B and the rest A.
I have a previous degree and a period of mostly do B and C's before I came back to do Pharmacy. The schools I interviewed at made me feel like I had good statistics. I feel that your grades in the organic, micro and A&P seem particularly important.
I have no pharmacy experience and this seems to be my biggest weekness.
Good luck to all of you putting your pharmcas application together for next year.
I am really stressing about what to do. I loved both schools I have been accepted to for completely different reasons. Biggest drawback to Notre Dame is the price. A drawback to Howard and Notre Dame for me is lack of good safe housing and elementary school nearby.
interviewed at Shenandoah and OU.
waiting to hear from University of Maryland.
PCAT 88 composite
3.19 GPA overall
Pharmacy school checklist having one B and the rest A.
I have a previous degree and a period of mostly do B and C's before I came back to do Pharmacy. The schools I interviewed at made me feel like I had good statistics. I feel that your grades in the organic, micro and A&P seem particularly important.
I have no pharmacy experience and this seems to be my biggest weekness.
Good luck to all of you putting your pharmcas application together for next year.
I am really stressing about what to do. I loved both schools I have been accepted to for completely different reasons. Biggest drawback to Notre Dame is the price. A drawback to Howard and Notre Dame for me is lack of good safe housing and elementary school nearby.
Last edited:
For those who have interviewed, did you receive your invite to interview via postal mail or email?
I got a call from Howard.
@ Krnluve24: Thank you. This is one of the few school I haven't heard anything from yet.
@readingfiend: I feel your pain. I've been accepted to both of the schools I interviewed at so far and am having a very tough time deciding where I should go. Especially without seeing what, if any, financial aid I might get at the different schools.
@readingfiend: I feel your pain. I've been accepted to both of the schools I interviewed at so far and am having a very tough time deciding where I should go. Especially without seeing what, if any, financial aid I might get at the different schools.
@ Krnluve24: Thank you. This is one of the few school I haven't heard anything from yet.
@readingfiend: I feel your pain. I've been accepted to both of the schools I interviewed at so far and am having a very tough time deciding where I should go. Especially without seeing what, if any, financial aid I might get at the different schools.
You should call the school. When I applied back in 2009 and didn't hear from them for months...I called to check on my application status and was offered an interview invite over the phone (it was strange but I was happy for it).
I am interviewing at Howard this Saturday at 9:30 am. I have a few questions and will really appreciate if someone could help me.
1. How is the parking situation at Howard? Does the school has its own parking, or do you park on the street? How early do you have to arrive to secure a spot?
2. Is the interview open or closed file? Do the interviewers know anything about us (our stats, personal essay etc)?
3. Any other pointers that would be helpful...
Thanks in advance!
1. How is the parking situation at Howard? Does the school has its own parking, or do you park on the street? How early do you have to arrive to secure a spot?
2. Is the interview open or closed file? Do the interviewers know anything about us (our stats, personal essay etc)?
3. Any other pointers that would be helpful...
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interviewing at the same time and would also like to know the answer to these questionsI am interviewing at Howard this Saturday at 9:30 am. I have a few questions and will really appreciate if someone could help me.
1. How is the parking situation at Howard? Does the school has its own parking, or do you park on the street? How early do you have to arrive to secure a spot?
2. Is the interview open or closed file? Do the interviewers know anything about us (our stats, personal essay etc)?
3. Any other pointers that would be helpful...
Thanks in advance!
Marlon prince left a voicemail message. Once I my interview time,I received an email.For those who have interviewed, did you receive your invite to interview via postal mail or email?
i had interviewed on march 24....has anyone who interviewed then heard back with a decision yet?
....why is this thread dead...
....why is this thread dead...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K