howard university cop c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also got an interview...but they asked me to show up this Saturday!! But I already had an interview with midwestern this Friday!! So I requested for the next day that will be the 19th of November!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Everyone that got an interview invite from Howard, it is true that Howard is easy to get into? The question sounds pathetic but I honestly want to apply where I could get in. MY GPA is not very high, but I plan on acing the PCAT when I take it next year. Will appreciate any input on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
With 60 seats out of 1200 applicants, Howard is just as competitive as any other pharmacy schools.

no one shd fool u that Howard or any Pharmacy school is easy to get into so just do your best so u can be competitive. Let nobody try to make u fall back. Pharmacy is not easy but we all can do it if we are dedicated. it is not the school that matters

hi to all who interviewed on 10/15. anyone got a reply yet?

i just received my acceptance letter today evening 10/28 :clap: and i'm going for it. not applying else where any more. hope u all receive yours soon. good luck

Did they call you or you got a letter in the mail?

Btw Congrat!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, just received an interview invitation for Howard. If anyone who has been thru the interview could give a few pointers that would be great. How long is the interview, do we have to take any exams or write essays, possible interview questions etc. I'm really excited and would like to be as best prepared as possible. Thanks!!

Hi, just received an interview invitation for Howard. If anyone who has been thru the interview could give a few pointers that would be great. How long is the interview, do we have to take any exams or write essays, possible interview questions etc. I'm really excited and would like to be as best prepared as possible. Thanks!!

Is ur interview for 11/19?

Don't stress it, the interview was really relaxed. Just go over the interview feedback questions for HU. The actual interview wasn't very long, ~20min. There is a math quiz (basic conversions, calc, etc.).

http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/howard-pharm/survey/29

What type of stuff should we do to prepare for the calculus stuff? Do you think going over a couple Khan Academy lectures on integrals/derivatives would be enough or more in depth? I'm not too worried about conversions but I haven't taken calculus in 4 years and am probably very rusty.

The math test is mostly consisted of word problems that involves drug dosage conversions and calculations. I only saw like two very simple derivative problems. Hope that helps.

Cool, Thanks! I have my interview on the 19th, and I'm getting a little nervous since Howard is #1 on my list of all the colleges I've gotten interviews at so far.

Cool, Thanks! I have my interview on the 19th, and I'm getting a little nervous since Howard is #1 on my list of all the colleges I've gotten interviews at so far.
just don't be stressed out. i understand how u feel b/c i felt the same way too. just go thru the review questions and be self confident when u respond to the questions asked. for example, "tell us briefly about yourself" was my # 1 question. for the math, keep a cool head and stay ontop of your conversions. good luck

Don't stress it, the interview was really relaxed. Just go over the interview feedback questions for HU. The actual interview wasn't very long, ~20min. There is a math quiz (basic conversions, calc, etc.).

http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/howard-pharm/survey/29

Thanks so much! So Mr. Prince said he would send info regarding the interview, but i haven't received any emails so far and i was called on Monday for the interview. Has anyone received any emails with info on the interview.

Also anyone know where to stay in DC for the interview? What airport is easier to fly into?

thanks!

I always fly to Reagan airport. I stayed with friends so I can't recommend where to stay :/

My email got caught in my spam filter, you should check in there. Reagan is the closest airport to Howard. I'm staying with friends as well so I can't really help you out with where to stay. I went to visit last time I was in the DC area and there's a Metro stop pretty close to the school (about 5 or 6 blocks away) so pretty much anywhere in DC will be able to get you close to the school.

EDIT:

PRO TIP: Make sure you keep cash with you as DC taxis only accept cash, no credit cards!

just don't be stressed out. i understand how u feel b/c i felt the same way too. just go thru the review questions and be self confident when u respond to the questions asked. for example, "tell us briefly about yourself" was my # 1 question. for the math, keep a cool head and stay ontop of your conversions.

Hey could you tell me what was ur response for "why Howard university" question??

Did anyone who interviewed on November 19 get an acceptance yet? They said we would hear between Dec. 1-9th. It may be too soon, but I am getting anxious.

I interviewed on the 19th as well. Super anxious!! The letters should be coming any day now...

Hey guys,

I also interviewed on the 19th. I thought during the interview they said we should expect a reply around christmas time. LOL. Fingers crossed nonetheless. Hope to get a reply soon :)

I called and asked today and was told the letters have been mailed. It was thought we should have received them today. I did not receive anything yet but perhaps tomorrow. At least I know the die has been cast. Anyone get theirs yet?

I called and asked today and was told the letters have been mailed. It was thought we should have received them today. I did not receive anything yet but perhaps tomorrow. At least I know the die has been cast. Anyone get theirs yet?

Did they mention when they mailed them out by any chance...all this anticipation is dreadful! :scared:

My letter came today and it says they were mailed Dec. 5th. Wow I am going to have a hard time making a decision. There are favorable aspects of each program. I want to really to encourage lurkers who will read this later to really consider the program at Howard when choosing where to apply . I think Howard has a unique program with a lot to offer. I do not have any idea which program to choose.

accepteddddd!!

it's going to be a tough decision for sure...

For all of you who got into Howard, do you mind posting your stats please?

I have been accepted to Notre Dame and Howard.
interviewed at Shenandoah and OU.
waiting to hear from University of Maryland.
PCAT 88 composite
3.19 GPA overall
Pharmacy school checklist having one B and the rest A.
I have a previous degree and a period of mostly do B and C's before I came back to do Pharmacy. The schools I interviewed at made me feel like I had good statistics. I feel that your grades in the organic, micro and A&P seem particularly important.
I have no pharmacy experience and this seems to be my biggest weekness.
Good luck to all of you putting your pharmcas application together for next year.

I am really stressing about what to do. I loved both schools I have been accepted to for completely different reasons. Biggest drawback to Notre Dame is the price. A drawback to Howard and Notre Dame for me is lack of good safe housing and elementary school nearby.

Last edited:
For those who have interviewed, did you receive your invite to interview via postal mail or email?

@ Krnluve24: Thank you. This is one of the few school I haven't heard anything from yet.

@readingfiend: I feel your pain. I've been accepted to both of the schools I interviewed at so far and am having a very tough time deciding where I should go. Especially without seeing what, if any, financial aid I might get at the different schools.

@ Krnluve24: Thank you. This is one of the few school I haven't heard anything from yet.

@readingfiend: I feel your pain. I've been accepted to both of the schools I interviewed at so far and am having a very tough time deciding where I should go. Especially without seeing what, if any, financial aid I might get at the different schools.

You should call the school. When I applied back in 2009 and didn't hear from them for months...I called to check on my application status and was offered an interview invite over the phone (it was strange but I was happy for it).

I am interviewing at Howard this Saturday at 9:30 am. I have a few questions and will really appreciate if someone could help me.

1. How is the parking situation at Howard? Does the school has its own parking, or do you park on the street? How early do you have to arrive to secure a spot?

2. Is the interview open or closed file? Do the interviewers know anything about us (our stats, personal essay etc)?

3. Any other pointers that would be helpful...

Thanks in advance!

I am interviewing at Howard this Saturday at 9:30 am. I have a few questions and will really appreciate if someone could help me.

1. How is the parking situation at Howard? Does the school has its own parking, or do you park on the street? How early do you have to arrive to secure a spot?

2. Is the interview open or closed file? Do the interviewers know anything about us (our stats, personal essay etc)?

3. Any other pointers that would be helpful...

Thanks in advance!
I am interviewing at the same time and would also like to know the answer to these questions

Parking is on the street but since it's Saturday, there should be plenty of spaces.

I arrived 10 minutes early.

Interview is closed file, they don't know who you are.

Be prepared for a math test and just relax during the interview. :)

Got a call yesterday for an interview on march 24th, anyone else?

i had interviewed on march 24....has anyone who interviewed then heard back with a decision yet?

....why is this thread dead...