You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard University
Started by Futureot87
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anybody heard from Howard University regarding interviews? If so, did they inform you by email or phone call?
I've been trying to get ahold of then for like 3 weeks now and no one answers the phone and no one emails back. It's pretty irritating, it's like a ghost town there. I was trying to get ahold of them because I had problems filling out the supplemental application. I couldn't fill out the "codes" part of the form because it shows me an error sign. Ughhh..guess they won't even be considering my application.. What a waste of money! I would recommend that future applicants not apply here!
I've been trying to get ahold of then for like 3 weeks now and no one answers the phone and no one emails back. It's pretty irritating, it's like a ghost town there. I was trying to get ahold of them because I had problems filling out the supplemental application. I couldn't fill out the "codes" part of the form because it shows me an error sign. Ughhh..guess they won't even be considering my application.. What a waste of money! I would recommend that future applicants not apply here!
Yea it's pretty difficult to contact them. I'm hoping that someone who has heard anything from them will chime in soon. Hopefully you didn't lose your money and still hear from them ( if your still interested).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email this week about an interview. I've had the same problems trying to contact them with questions.
You will get the interview invitation by email. Be patient. They interview until pretty lateHas anybody heard from Howard University regarding interviews? If so, did they inform you by email or phone call?
I have tried to speak with someone (ANYONE) from Howard University's OT department since January to ensure that my application was submitted correctly. I didn't realize that there was a supplemental application, which could have been addressed 2 months ago if only someone answered a phone voice-mail or email over there. I haven't heard a peep from them and I am very nervous that the interview window is closing more and more each day. Does anyone have a clue when final decisions are made or advice for me to contact someone?
I was told after my interview that they try to have decisions made by April. I have yet to find a way of reaching anyone. The interview was the first I've spoken with anyone in or related to the program.
No, it was via skype, even though I'm in the area. I sort of wish it had been in person, because I feel like maybe then I'd have a better sense of the program or at least who to contact about things since phone calls and emails haven't worked so far. The interviewer's camera wasn't working, so she could see me, but I couldn't see her, so it was definitely a different feel than a face to face conversation. It was fine-- just different than in person.
I emailed graduate admissions and then got an email response from the OT department. They must have passed the word that I've been trying to get a hold of them. Unfortunately, my application is considered late even though I went through OTCAS early. The 2 months of no response to my questions about the supplemental application my cost me a chance. 🙁
Good Luck!
Good Luck!
Hey guys! I had my interview with Howard about two weeks ago. I received an acceptance letter earlier today. Don't stress out!! You should hear back soon.
No, it was via skype, even though I'm in the area. I sort of wish it had been in person, because I feel like maybe then I'd have a better sense of the program or at least who to contact about things since phone calls and emails haven't worked so far. The interviewer's camera wasn't working, so she could see me, but I couldn't see her, so it was definitely a different feel than a face to face conversation. It was fine-- just different than in person.
The same thing happened with me! It was a bit weird not seeing my interviewer's face.
Who did everyone interview with??
Dr. Mark JohnsonWho did everyone interview with??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!I got accepted two days ago...
So if you haven't interviewed yet is that a bad sign??Hey guys! I had my interview with Howard about two weeks ago. I received an acceptance letter earlier today. Don't stress out!! You should hear back soon.
I think they interview until the end of April. So you may still get oneSo if you haven't interviewed yet is that a bad sign??
I got accepted two days ago...
Hey congrats on your acceptance! Do you think you will attend?
Hey congrats on your acceptance! Do you think you will attend?
Thanks. It is very likely, I'll know for sure in a couple days.
Just got a phone call for my skype interview tomorrow. Anyone who interviewed were you completely dressed?
I was extremely stressed out; like my voice was shaking... And my interviewer could definitely tell. He even pointed it out, but then he said something to make me relax a little more. Even though I was nervous, I still said some stuff that made him nod and smile a few times, so I knew I was making some good/valid points with my answers.Just got a phone call for my skype interview tomorrow. Anyone who interviewed were you completely dressed?
I think they definitely expect you to be nervous, but as long as whatever you are saying still makes sense, you should be ok. Try to have a conversation with your interviewer as much as possible (rather than just question->answer/repeat)
Thanks for the advice!! I'm very nervous. Trying to prepare myself for all scenario type questions.I was extremely stressed out; like my voice was shaking... And my interviewer could definitely tell. He even pointed it out, but then he said something to make me relax a little more. Even though I was nervous, I still said some stuff that made him nod and smile a few times, so I knew I was making some good/valid points with my answers.
I think they definitely expect you to be nervous, but as long as whatever you are saying still makes sense, you should be ok. Try to have a conversation with your interviewer as much as possible (rather than just question->answer/repeat)
Got my acceptance letter! 🙂
Congrats!Got my acceptance letter! 🙂
Okay sooo its april 28th and still no new from howard, I applied the end of December and still no sign of an interview... I got a 29 mcat and 3.5 gpa graduate and undergrad gpa. Is there any hope left? I heard intervoew go till end of april not sure if they will keep interviewing in may
Can anyone give insight on the codes for the Howard supplemental??
I have no idea! Mine is this wed. When is yours?Just received a Skype interview invitation! Does anyone know what the interview is like??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine is Tuesday! Kind of nervous!I have no idea! Mine is this wed. When is yours?
Me too! Good luck!! Maybe we'll be class mates! I'm gonna troll to see if I can find past interview tips. I'll let you know if I do!Mine is Tuesday! Kind of nervous!
Okay cool thanks!!Me too! Good luck!! Maybe we'll be class mates! I'm gonna troll to see if I can find past interview tips. I'll let you know if I do!
@hillyst12 @2015 Applicant I also was invited to an email mine is this Tuesday as well! I'm super nervous as I have already been denied at two other schools. Good luck guys!
*interview not invited to an email lol@hillyst12 @2015 Applicant I also was invited to an email mine is this Tuesday as well! I'm super nervous as I have already been denied at two other schools. Good luck guys!
Ahhh! I got an invitation to interview via Skype this Wednesday. I am stoked!! Anyone know what type of questions they will be asking?
I've heard there are general questions like why Howard why ot? And also scenarios
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Thank you! I will definitely keep you all posted. 😉
I've heard there are general questions like why Howard why ot? And also scenarios
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Same! I'm so nervous!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I just received the email to interview. Pretty Excited. If you all have any insight after your interviews or tips please pass them along!
I basically prepared for generic questions and scenarios and that's what I was asked however my skype interview became a phone interview because my interviewer couldn't get her password to work for her Skype I also heard that I'll find out a decision no later than next week
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Okay this might be silly but what did you wear?
I wore a button up shirt and blazer but they never got to see me
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Did they say how many they are accepting for this class?
Oh no I didn't ask. But I hope they are interviewing us because they really liked our applications
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is great to hear! I will be moving from Chicago if I get in. 🙂
Really?! I'm in VA so I'm pretty close. I hope you do get in I hope I do too
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Mine started 15 minutes late and lasted about 30 mins
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
And that's weird that it hadn't been verified when did you submit it
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 602
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 560