You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard University
Started by Futureot87
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They must just really like you. That is a good thing!January 14th lol. One of my transcripts(with one course) had to be resent last Friday because OTCAS never received it.
Lol better kill the interview
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also just letting you guys know because I didn't know...my interviewer and Dr. Banks told me that you must be done with all prerequisites by July 1st
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Accepted! Now to decide if I can really afford to live in DC. LOL. Have u guys heard anything? Anyone for sure going?
I was just accepted this morning! I am all smiles!!!! I am from Chicago so I will actually have to move too.
Hey! Right now I need to decide between Howard and Midwestern in Il... Did u apply there? It's more expensive but cost of living in DC...I was just accepted this morning! I am all smiles!!!! I am from Chicago so I will actually have to move too.
Hey! Right now I need to decide between Howard and Midwestern in Il... Did u apply there? It's more expensive but cost of living in DC...![]()
I know, yikes! I am looking for places to live in DC and it seems like a lot. Midwestern in IL is a great school though, congrats! I did apply but haven't heard a thing! They have over a 1,000 applicants because they are a non GRE school. It's actually not too far from where I live right now. It is very expensive though and it is in a suburban setting.
I haven't heard anything guess I'm denied again
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Yeah if I do go I'm thinking I'll have to live in MD or something and commute. 1400 for a 1 bedroom just seems crazy! Downers grove is expensive too but not as congested so commuting from a little further away would be easier and cheaper. I don't know... I really want to stay in Texas...I got into UTMB and the tuition for the entire program is like one year at MWU but my husband got into dental school at Howard and interviewing at MWU. I don't want us to be apart just because of tuition cost... Arrgggg!I know, yikes! I am looking for places to live in DC and it seems like a lot. Midwestern in IL is a great school though, congrats! I did apply but haven't heard a thing! They have over a 1,000 applicants because they are a non GRE school. It's actually not too far from where I live right now. It is very expensive though and it is in a suburban setting.
Not necessarily. Don't give up hope! Classes don't start until August so I don't think they stop interviewing/accepting til end of March. PLUS people might get in and don't go so seats could open up even if you're not selected right away.I haven't heard anything guess I'm denied again
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Ok that's good to know I was told I'd know for sure no later than next week.Not necessarily. Don't give up hope! Classes don't start until August so I don't think they stop interviewing/accepting til end of March. PLUS people might get in and don't go so seats could open up even if you're not selected right away.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Who sent you all the acceptance email
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
It came in from OT admissions.Who sent you all the acceptance email
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats when did you interviewReceived my acceptance letter this morning!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Thanks! I hope so too were you told you were on the wait list before?Wednesday!
It said that I had been taken off the waitlist LOL.
Hopefully you get yours soon!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Wednesday!
It said that I had been taken off the waitlist LOL.
Hopefully you get yours soon!!!
Hey, my letter said that too! I was a bit confused because it seems like we were some of the first to interview but who knows. I am just happy I got in! I am going to need a roommate my first year. University apartment housing is ridiculously expensive and it is for very generic dorm style living so if you are looking for a calm, clean, and social room mate. I'm your girl! I'm looking to split rent with someone for about 500-650 a month for a more comfortable off campus apartment 15-20 mins off campus. I will be bringing my car so I will be able to commute. It is still very early, so let me know if you know anyone or you are interested.
I started a Facebook group for those who are attending. It's called "Howard OT c/o 2018 accepted & committed" If you are accepted & committed DM me your Facebook name or email so I can add you to it! You might be able to request to join the group too.
Yeah if I do go I'm thinking I'll have to live in MD or something and commute. 1400 for a 1 bedroom just seems crazy! Downers grove is expensive too but not as congested so commuting from a little further away would be easier and cheaper. I don't know... I really want to stay in Texas...I got into UTMB and the tuition for the entire program is like one year at MWU but my husband got into dental school at Howard and interviewing at MWU. I don't want us to be apart just because of tuition cost... Arrgggg!
That is really tough! The good thing is you have options and time to think about it. Sometimes people don't know when they get in until the spring and then they have to decide really quick. Good luck! If you decide Howard def join the new facebook group! 🙂
Received my acceptance letter this morning!
Congrats!!!
I killed my interview last Thursday. I really hope this verification does not hold me back.
I'm still waiting [emoji22]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I'm still waiting [emoji22]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
You'll hear something positive soon!
I've been really hoping!! I'm also waiting to hear from ECU *fingers crossed*You'll hear something positive soon!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I was accepted to the program last Thursday I just never received the letter!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I was accepted to the program last Thursday I just never received the letter!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Haha! See! CONGRATS!!! If you decide to attend join the Facebook group. I want to meet everyone already!
I most likely will! Just waiting to hear back from ECU and try to find a way to get $300 and finish my remainder prereqs by July 1stHaha! See! CONGRATS!!! If you decide to attend join the Facebook group. I want to meet everyone already!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I have just received my acceptance letter today and I'm accepting!!!
Woohoo!!!Hi everyone. I have just received my acceptance letter today and I'm accepting!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Is it possible you can send me a link to the group page I can't find it on FB if not I'll try sending you my fb email but it's hard to find me on fbI started a Facebook group for those who are attending. It's called "Howard OT c/o 2018 accepted & committed" If you are accepted & committed DM me your Facebook name or email so I can add you to it! You might be able to request to join the group too.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1033688736696953?ref=bookmarksIs it possible you can send me a link to the group page I can't find it on FB if not I'll try sending you my fb email but it's hard to find me on fb
Sure! It's
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Heyyyy y'all ! Can you say , accepted ! Who knew this would feel so dang good !
Yessss!! It's so exciting. I'm most likely going I keep waiting to hear back from ECU but if they don't say anything this weekend then I'm commuting to HowardHeyyyy y'all ! Can you say , accepted ! Who knew this would feel so dang good !
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I just got accepted into the program!!! Will any of you be working while you are in school? I know that they don't recommend it, but I still have bills to pay! Lol. Do any of you know any of the alumni or current students who do work while in the program?
Does anyone know if the deposit has to be post dated for he day it's due or must it reach them by that date?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
We have one!!! It's called Howard OT c/o 2018 accepted and committedAlso got accepted!!! Congrats everyone... I'm coming from the West Coast, San Francisco to be exact so it would be a BIG move. I've never been to Washington, D.C. I wanna create a facebook page or something!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
YAYYYY okay I'm all over it!We have one!!! It's called Howard OT c/o 2018 accepted and committed
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Also, I wanted to let you know they said you need "receipt of payment by deadline," I just emailed admissions and they confirmed that so I think post-dated by that time frame should work.
An easier method: they also told me that you could also opt to pay it online or over the phone by calling 202-806-1000 ask for admissions and say you need to reserve your space and pay the enrollment fee
Yes, I heard from them yesterday. I got an interview invite. Any tips/ advice?Has anybody heard from Howard University regarding interviews? If so, did they inform you by email or phone call?
Hey Nina,Yes, I heard from them yesterday. I got an interview invite. Any tips/ advice?
For me they asked why Howard, why OT, what led me to OT, they also asked me to explain the meaning of certain idioms. You will do great, good luck!
Thanks for responding and the tps! I'll keep you guys updated 🙂Hey Nina,
For me they asked why Howard, why OT, what led me to OT, they also asked me to explain the meaning of certain idioms. You will do great, good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last edited:
Last edited:
Hello! I can't believe I am finding this forum after receiving my letter and everything. Hi all! I got accepted last month and I am attending! Congrats everyone and can't wait to meet you all. Does anyone know how their living situation will be?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 603
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 561