HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh good SDN is back

To answer about my capri feels, I actually don't see as much of her carefree self here. What originally caught my eye was her hopping on an AM vote D1 which put AM in the lead at the time (I think), granted she passed it off as still being at a point that was during the joke voting stage, but I don't much like the reason she initially attached to it or how quickly she did it after I voted for AM. She did change her vote later but it was with 6 minutes to lynch close and the reasoning she gave for Gwen was, in the words of my notes, "pretty frickin weak." What has continued to bug me is that her tone feels off from her village game and reminds me more of the posts she made in Dogs when she was around.

The fact that her lynch has been available as a counter several days in a row now and it hasn't gone anywhere while villagers get lynched (especially today)...kind of makes me want to stick with it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The fact that her lynch has been available as a counter several days in a row now and it hasn't gone anywhere while villagers get lynched (especially today)...kind of makes me want to stick with it.
Yet when I said this about Kara being up for lynch, you were unperturbed? what?

Yet when I said this about Kara being up for lynch, you were unperturbed? what?
Because there hasn't been any issue with building a kara lynch. She has gotten plenty of votes. You also have to realize that I'm viewing it through the lens of my village read on kara.

Members don't see this ad :)
yah. Adulting and WWing is much more difficult these days. Tis why I am trying to just enjoy myself.
giphy.gif

So Goofy sounds non-village.
e57e54498ef76abca93814c80249a0f0.jpg

An evil hyuck echoes through the barn...

A hush falls over the crowd as a small yet impressive horse is unloaded off of a fancy trailer...

The adoring fans are all at once struck by how adorable and village
@CoffeeQuestionMark is, and they all begin to applaud and squeal for joy
This was pleasant news to come back to. I don't feel bad about my lynch vote at all now, no siree
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Because there hasn't been any issue with building a kara lynch. She has gotten plenty of votes. You also have to realize that I'm viewing it through the lens of my village read on kara.
but is outright resistance to building up votes on a person be wolves manipulating the lynch or more just village not seeing what you're seeing in the lynchee?

Night 3

It didn’t take long after lights out for the stall shifting to begin again.
Many people seemed to have swarmed to stall 8. Maybe they heard that she had a heated stable blanket. Everyone wants a heated stable blanket.... maybe even enough to kill for it.

Two horses fought for the right. A little pinto seemed to have gotten to it first, leaving pokeweed in the hay and watching her victim go down in respiratory distress.

But the poisoned gelding didn't go down easily!! With his dying breaths, the temperamental gelding lashed out at his assailant, striking both hooves into her face and knocking her to the ground unconscious. He then crumpled to his death as well.

movieposter.jpg

Dead is @SkiOtter - The Pie, Bomb

Also dead is...

wait, the pinto wasn't dead after all. She scraped herself off the stall floor and stumbled back to her stall, shaking her head in discomfort

The Pie's body was found bloodied and torn to shreds in the morning- clearly more than just death by pokeweed. Seems someone else came by a little too late and tried to take him down themselves. Apparently they can't tell a dead horse from a live one.

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
5. @Skimble
6. @SARdoghandler
7. @WildZoo
9. @Animal Midwife
10. @Melchizedek
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
14. @Lupin21
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
20. @Stagg737
24. @capri1722
26. @bryndiana.jones
27. @WeimMama
28. @Karabiner13
23. @killerleaf
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer
8. @SkiOtter - The Pie - Bomb

It is now Day 4

Members don't see this ad :)
@Karabiner13 , info I'd gain from your flip:

Cubs- Initial vote on you D2 was to "see where Mel's vote goes" (post #712). Waffled to you last minute because "It answers questions", which turned out to be "are you pocketing him?". You flipping wolf would look good for him being first on you D2. Also jumping on you D3 instead of saving you also helps his village cred (would be interesting behavior for a bus).
Mel- Obvious reasons are obvious (and a little WIFOM-y).
Mutts- Said she didn't really like the reasoning on the Kara or Moose votes, but voted Kara anyway. Has seemed pretty sketchy to me in general. Kara village flip would make me look into Mutts even more.
Cray- Post #618 said she previously spoke up for Kara but was side-eyeing her now. Then waffled onto Moose to save Kara and break tie. Imo would have looked very bad if Kara is a wolf. She later had several long posts which I didn't read because I didn't have 20 minutes for a single post, but at the time I thought I'd get a lot more info on Cray from a Kara flip.
Lupin- Kara flipping wolf would look pretty bad for Lupin. She's been defending you for a while including moving to Moose to create a tie. Her vote also saved you in D3 lynch. And you voted together D1. If you flipped wolf, I'd mostly likely vote her next.
VMH- I thought she may have been throwing very subtle shade on Moose (posts 813, 818) while seeming to very subtly defend Kara (Posts 816), then hedging on post 825. Seems a bit shady to me either way, but worse if Kara flipped wolf.
BJ- Obvious reasons, BJ more village-y if Kara flips wolf. NAI if KB flips village.
Ski- #366 said Kara was asking about thoughts but not posting her own. Seems to have generally found Kara sketchy. Nothing solid but would feel better about her if Kara flipped wolf.

Also, Moose called you out and said that some of your behavior in this game is similar to when you wolfed with her in Colorado. Considering Moose flipped wolf, that's more reason for me to keep in you in my wolf leans pile.

Additional random points from re-read:

Lupin mentioned the possibility of a vote controller after the phantom MJ vote D2 and Capri later came out and said she didn't have control of her D3 vote. Feels notable.

Post 958: Cray noticed that Lupin had interacted with/mentioned Paws twice and implied Lupin and Paws may have some connection. Paws liked that post. Another notable feeling thing.

Coffee seemed bothered by me making a tie on D2 (906), but then made a 3-way near lynch close on D3.

Apparently horses having a hemoglobin of 154 is normal according to the write-up with the lab. Which I find both cool and ridiculous.

Oh I see, after tunneling me for like 3 days, it's become apparent to you that you are the only one picking up on some essential truth about me that everyone else is missing

I am truly the only and bestest wolf candidate for the entire game

come off it, also later you say I lynched ziggy, I NEVER VOTED ZIGGY

so how is that for inconsistency then? so you're either lying, or you're just mistaken. In either case, maybe it's time for you to rethink things. Consider, if you are mistaken about that about me, is it possible you are reading too much into anything else? Maybe not. But if someone pointed out that you might be, would you be able to entertain the notion?

If I have my own interpretation of something, best believe I will share it. If someone's reasoning could use some reasoning, best believe. So while I went after Ziggy for those things, that did not mean that I thought she was a wolf. Guess what? Villagers need to push each other to be better. Wolves push villagers, yes. This is again, there is no action that is village or wolfy. There are things that people are trying to accomplish, and sometimes the exact same thing (yelling at a villager) can be done to achieve different ends. Am I more village if I just let villagers run around blind to the things they don't know and they don't see???

I'm rethinking Kara and Lupin. I haven't tried to kill Mel. How's that for consistency? It isn't inconsistency. It's called, get your head out of your ass and actually reconsider what you think you know when you are uninformed majority.

So, if I can do it, and I still think I have some claim to the title village idiot, what is preventing you people from entertaining a different notion?

I don't give a damn you are voting me. I do give a damn that you are voting me more than once in isolation as a noob and with very little to go on, and you do not appear to be doing much else, let alone listening to other players.

So, do me a favour. Don't change your vote. That's not my goal here. So keep it there if it frees your mind. Now that you've got me all figured out as the wolf mastermind that only you can see, come up with a list of my buddies. Even better if the case you make for them doesn't have to rely on the supposition that I am a wolf or what my flip is. Just in case you're wrong or I don't die on your timetable, it might help catch wolves.

I was really excited to find out that Kara and Lupin were wolves. But, I think if I just decide my work here now is done and I will just entertain no other candidates or that I might even be wrong, just waiting around for them to die or for people to agree with me when clearly they're not impressed with my arguments, it might be time to move on.

I can admit when i am wrong and I misread the tracker - ziggy voted you, my mistake. This whole game is about making assumptions, those are mine, you have yours. I'd rather you not make generalizations about me personally (highlighted in red) without asking since I feel like I am receptive to learning more, hearing someone else out and acknowledge I could be wrong. Maybe I am tunneling, maybe we are v/v but I don't know

It doesn't seem like others agree with me and I have not voted for you today so you can calm down because this was in reply to a specific question. I'm not entertaining further posts with personal attacks - this is a game let's keep it light

how do you feel that I am your top wolf candidate pushing so strongly and specifically on Lupin? does this affect what you think of her? of me?

Fine because I think I can learn from either lynch.

You skipped over where I'm involved in this. And how is Lupin still a wolfread is Cray flips wolf? Who would you clear based on a Cray village/wolf flip, is what I'm asking. If me trying to clarify your own thoughts is sketchy, I don't know what to say.
I didn't, if I am wrong about her I will accept that and move on to my next strongest wolf read = you. You're not directly connected to her however I would like to reread your interactions with some individuals because ours so far have felt like a wolf trying to get me lynched.
The bold because she could be bussing - which I said, I'm going to quote myself if you keep asking questions I've already answered -
I know you can ask new questions that make me think deeper than one's with an answer I've already given. That's whats sketching me out.

Fun Fact about The Pie, the horse that played him was named King Charles and he was purchased for the movie for $800 and it was Elizabeth Taylor's job to feed him, groom him, and ride him for at least 90 minutes a day to form a bond with him. It became so strong that the horse would only take commands from Elizabeth and not from any other crew member. After the film's conclusion, Charles was given to Elizabeth as a gift and she owned him until he passed away :)
HORSEATHON 2012: Elizabeth Taylor and “The Pie.”

Reactions: 6 users
Night 3

It didn’t take long after lights out for the stall shifting to begin again.
Many people seemed to have swarmed to stall 8. Maybe they heard that she had a heated stable blanket. Everyone wants a heated stable blanket.... maybe even enough to kill for it.

Two horses fought for the right. A little pinto seemed to have gotten to it first, leaving pokeweed in the hay and watching her victim go down in respiratory distress.

But the poisoned gelding didn't go down easily!! With his dying breaths, the temperamental gelding lashed out at his assailant, striking both hooves into her face and knocking her to the ground unconscious. He then crumpled to his death as well.

movieposter.jpg

Dead is @SkiOtter - The Pie, Bomb

Also dead is...

wait, the pinto wasn't dead after all. She scraped herself off the stall floor and stumbled back to her stall, shaking her head in discomfort

The Pie's body was found bloodied and torn to shreds in the morning- clearly more than just death by pokeweed. Seems someone else came by a little too late and tried to take him down themselves. Apparently they can't tell a dead horse from a live one.

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
5. @Skimble
6. @SARdoghandler
7. @WildZoo
9. @Animal Midwife
10. @Melchizedek
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
14. @Lupin21
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
20. @Stagg737
24. @capri1722
26. @bryndiana.jones
27. @WeimMama
28. @Karabiner13
23. @killerleaf
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer
8. @SkiOtter - The Pie - Bomb

It is now Day 4
It looks like Ski was targeted twice. Two different parties. The vigilante is dead so this is either 3rd party or 2 factions??

Why would you do that instead of self-prezzing?

giphy.gif

edit: ninja'd
ok this is the moment I realize that despite having over 20 people, this still means that even just 3-4 votes on any train put someone at serious risk of lynch. Because rather than having like 2 trains, we can maintain 4 and waffles at will amongst them. Great.

was that part of a reaction test in dogs? This is me asking for village to vote in a bloc not a reaction test.

Also is no one concerned about how for the past two days, Kara's been in danger of being lynched and towards lynch close, a counterwagon picks up on someone who was not really/barely on the board? Need to go back and look at who's been starting/part of those counterwagons.
It was a reaction test. :yeahright:
Did you find anything from the second part?

eta - I'm referring to the last sentence

I didn't, if I am wrong about her I will accept that and move on to my next strongest wolf read = you. You're not directly connected to her however I would like to reread your interactions with some individuals because ours so far have felt like a wolf trying to get me lynched.
The bold because she could be bussing - which I said, I'm going to quote myself if you keep asking questions I've already answered -
I know you can ask new questions that make me think deeper than one's with an answer I've already given. That's whats sketching me out.

Again, this is focusing on Cray flipping village which makes me question why she's your top suspect. What about my play is wolfy?

Day 1 Lynch Tally
Lupin () -
Mel (1) - Cray
Kara (3) - Mel, dolphin, Stagg
Weim (1) - AM
Cray (1) - Gwen
Capri (2) - skim, Dubz
Dina () -
SAR () -
Coffee? (3) - shelter, MJ, Ski
Zigjazz
(1) - killer
AM () -
killer (5) - SAR, mutts, cubs, Dina, Bryndi
Shelter () -
Bryndi (5) - Karabeans, meats, snowy, Lupes, coffee
Miranda
(3) - ziggy, barks, genny
genny () -
Dolphin (1) - Miranda
gwen
(1) - capri

27/29 voting
Missing: Weim, MSU

Day 2 Lynch Tally
MOOSE (6)
- zigzag, SAR, genny, meats, lupin, cray
Cray () -
Gwen (1) - AM
capri (2) - Dubz, MJ
MSU (2) - bryndi, capri
bryndi (1) - Weim
Kara (5) - Cubs, MOOSE, Mel, mutts, stagg
Coffee (1) - Ski
SAR (1) - killer
Lupin (1) - Dina
dubz (1) - Snowy
Stagg (2) - dolph, skim
AM (1) - coffee

24/28 voting
Missing: MSU, Gwen, shelter, Kara

Day 3 Lynch Tally
Kara (5) - mel, weim, MSU, coffee, cubs
Capri (1) - dubz
Gwen (6) - AM, genny, ski, stagg, kara, lupin
Dubz () -
Stagg (4) - SAR, bryndi, skim, snowy
Coffee (2) - meats, MJ
AM () -
SAR (1) - Killer
Mel () -
MSU (1) - Capri
Lupin (1) - cray
Cray (1) - mutts

22/24 voting
Missing: Dina, Gwen

There's probably a more strategic way to go about this but I need to go to bed and don't have time for thinking about it, plus definitely won't have time for it tomorrow, so **** it.

I received an item (a bridle) that allowed me to direct the actions of a player. I used it on AM and directed her to ski. Ski is now dead.

As covfefe pointed out, there is that second party involved, but it doesn't sound like there was good intent there either. So. Either way.

lynch AM

Reactions: 5 users
Wowwww sitting at the bar looking at my phone just in time to see the freakin waffles! That was innnnteresting
only post I remember seeing you make all day at 7:01? in the scheme of everything else?

y'all can't be wolves according to statistics, but then you may be villagers that took the page out of "lazy obvious wolfing mistakes 101" wolf playbook, and now everyone can play by those rules!

Again, this is focusing on Cray flipping village which makes me question why she's your top suspect. What about my play is wolfy?
Because you asked how you were connected, honestly if she flips wolf I'd still move on to you.
Your play is different from what I am used to; excessively vague (per WZ you need specific questions), repetitive questions (in regards to our interactions - others may not feel the same), tone is coming off more judgmental than coaching

As it is, I'll willing to put some pressure here lynch AM

@Karabiner13 , info I'd gain from your flip:

Cubs- Initial vote on you D2 was to "see where Mel's vote goes" (post #712). Waffled to you last minute because "It answers questions", which turned out to be "are you pocketing him?". You flipping wolf would look good for him being first on you D2. Also jumping on you D3 instead of saving you also helps his village cred (would be interesting behavior for a bus).
Mel- Obvious reasons are obvious (and a little WIFOM-y).
Mutts- Said she didn't really like the reasoning on the Kara or Moose votes, but voted Kara anyway. Has seemed pretty sketchy to me in general. Kara village flip would make me look into Mutts even more.
Cray- Post #618 said she previously spoke up for Kara but was side-eyeing her now. Then waffled onto Moose to save Kara and break tie. Imo would have looked very bad if Kara is a wolf. She later had several long posts which I didn't read because I didn't have 20 minutes for a single post, but at the time I thought I'd get a lot more info on Cray from a Kara flip.
Lupin- Kara flipping wolf would look pretty bad for Lupin. She's been defending you for a while including moving to Moose to create a tie. Her vote also saved you in D3 lynch. And you voted together D1. If you flipped wolf, I'd mostly likely vote her next.
VMH- I thought she may have been throwing very subtle shade on Moose (posts 813, 818) while seeming to very subtly defend Kara (Posts 816), then hedging on post 825. Seems a bit shady to me either way, but worse if Kara flipped wolf.
BJ- Obvious reasons, BJ more village-y if Kara flips wolf. NAI if KB flips village.
Ski- #366 said Kara was asking about thoughts but not posting her own. Seems to have generally found Kara sketchy. Nothing solid but would feel better about her if Kara flipped wolf.

Also, Moose called you out and said that some of your behavior in this game is similar to when you wolfed with her in Colorado. Considering Moose flipped wolf, that's more reason for me to keep in you in my wolf leans pile.

To be clear, I wasnt inferring that she was the pocketer.

But I pretty much agree with the obtainable info for about 2/3 of this post. Also ski is now dead. So....

Lynch Kara... again... maybe this time it goes through? Sorry K&B :depressed:

i'm ****ing screwed now

can you promise to lynch stagg for me after i flip
I think I have to no matter which way you flip...because either you're village, things are screwy, and I would owe that to you, or you're a wolf and he was trying to bus you :nod:

I mean, do you have an explanation for last night's events? I always like a good story.

I think I have to no matter which way you flip...because either you're village, things are screwy, and I would owe that to you, or you're a wolf and he was trying to bus you :nod:

I mean, do you have an explanation for last night's events? I always like a good story.

No, I got the message about being redirected to ski, but my action still went through as normal.