HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MSU (1) - Capri
Hmm. Interesting.
I mean I don't disagree. But interesting.
So the vote stealer put Capri's vote on MSU today? And yesterday put MJ on Capri.
Too bad, I was curious if they were gonna make me vote for myself
stop-hitting-yourself-gif-8.gif

btw if it wasn't obvious I'm a few pages behind

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wowwww sitting at the bar looking at my phone just in time to see the freakin waffles! That was innnnteresting

Members don't see this ad :)
Why was it interesting?
Because I looked at my phone expecting to see a vote tally and instead saw waffle party with no idea of any back story cause I haven’t looked at anything since I last posted

CHECK YOUR WAFFLEY WAFFLES

Day 3 Woah There, Wednesday Lynch Tally

Kara (5) - mel, weim, MSU, coffee, cubs
Capri (1) - dubz
Gwen (6) - AM, genny, ski, stagg, kara, lupin
Dubz () -
Stagg (4) - SAR, bryndi, skim, snowy
Coffee (2) - meats, MJ
AM () -
SAR (1) - Killer
Mel () -
MSU (1) - Capri
Lupin (1) - cray
Cray (1) - mutts

22/24 voting

Missing:
@Dinashadow@Gwenevre

Lynch closed

KlutzyThornyJellyfish-max-1mb.gif

At some point someone is gonna have to explain to me why there's so much resistance to lynching capri :yeahright:

I don't see what is sketch about her? She seems to be playing her normal no cares self.

@cubsrule4e why the last minute switch? What info do you think you'll gain with my flip?

still waiting on @Stagg737 telling us what info he'll get on my flip and who it will better inform him of

I already told you who it would inform me about. I also told you it will take a while to compile the info you're asking for. Probably be about an hour before I can give full reasoning.

Seeing as Gwen posted a total of 5 times this game, I'm pretty interested to know why so many people actually found her sketchy enough to lynch other than inactivity.

I also have no role to reveal so I've done all I can
I don't believe this (no, im not asking for a role reveal) we havent seen a vanillager yet and a no name horse already died
At some point someone is gonna have to explain to me why there's so much resistance to lynching capri :yeahright:
Capris behavior seems NAI to me, what are you seeing?
Wowwww sitting at the bar looking at my phone just in time to see the freakin waffles! That was innnnteresting
So you were lurking? Any reads/feels?

I don't believe this (no, im not asking for a role reveal) So you were lurking? Any reads/feels?
Facepalm. No. I have literally been on here intermittently for the last 18 minutes tops. I will give reads when I’m back in front of a computer in a bit.

Anybody else ever do that thing where you're behind so you quote a bunch of posts, but don't respond to them yet in case things are addressed later, but then you decide to get involved in current events, and you want to multiquote things, and then you're forced to post everything?

Yeah, me neither.

Are you reading this interaction as v/v? I have it either w/v or w/w rn
Update on this? Think this was your read of the ziggy/cray argument

it's kind of an unspoken rule to not lynch the quiet players until mid game
Uhhhhh no

For now

Contingency Lynch Kara

I need to do some re-reads, but I had another reason I thought she was wolfy and I'd like to hear more from @Karabiner13
What was the other reason?

You're all bad and wrong for making your friendly neighborhood vmh cry. We all know I am clearly the most precious and beloved player in this game and I have never done anything wrong, ever, in my whole life
Such lies
lynch meats

I didn't see this until now. When did our numbers get fixed?? :love:

It's the way you're being nice "good question to ski, she really does seem sketch" "good observation on MJ"
why not post those comments on thread?

And you were on from 1-2 (PST) without posting on thread. So that's the lurking part I guess.

giphy.gif
I'm not following this. What was the first part about? Were you guys PM partners before she died?

That quote was saying I don't think it's wolfy that she didn't say anything in pm. And it would be wolfier if she had.

If people could stop saying I'm hedging for every thing I say that they misunderstand that would be great :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Eh I don't do it a lot. And I don't suggest doing it a lot - I agree with you that its better to push your sketch reads then keep purposely lynching villagers. But it was just an in general comment that I saw how mutts logic made sense.
hmmm, seems hedgey ;)

I don't see what is sketch about her? She seems to be playing her normal no cares self.

Capris behavior seems NAI to me, what are you seeing?

Oh good, two of my other wolf leans are defending my top wolf lean...

@WildZoo - lynch trackers for you. Will you color them please?

lupes (1) - genny
mel (1) - cray
kara (1) - snowy
weim (1) - am
cray (1) - zigzag
mel (2) - karabou
capri (1) - skim
dina (1) - barkley
sar (1) - koffee
dina (2) - dubz
koffee (1) - shelter
zigzag (1) - killer
am (1) - vmh
zigzag (0) - killer
statistics (1) - killer
dina (1) - dubz (she unlynched barks first)
am (2) - dubz
killer (1) - lupes
am (3) - capri
cray (0) - zigzag
shelter (1) - zigzag
zigzag (1) - dolphin
paws (1) - mel
zigzag (2) - dina
lupes (0) - genny
capri (2) - genny
killer (2) - sar
koffee (2) - bryndy
zigzag (3) - gwen
paws (0) - mel
statistics (2) - mel
math (1) - moose
mel (1) - karabou
bryndy (1) - karabou
am (2) - vmh
bryndy (2) - vmh
kara (0) - snowy
bryndy (3) - snowy
am (1) - dubz
capri (3) - dubz
killer (3) - mutts
koffee (3) - mj
stats (1) - killer
zigzag (4) - killer
shelter (0) - zigzag
moose (1) - zigzag
sar (0) - koffee
genny (1) - koffee
math (0) - moose
dolphin (1) - moose
dina (0) - barks
moose (2) - barks
zigzag (3) - gwen
zigzag (2) - dolphin
capri (2) - genny

moose (3) - genny
stats (0) - mel
kara (1) - mel
dina (1) - msu
cray (1) - gwen
dina (0) - msu
killer (4) - cubs
sporty (1) - stagg
kara (2) - dolphin
zigzag (1) - dina
killer (5) - dina
koffee (4) - ski
killer (4) - lupes
bryndy (4) - lupes
genny (0) - koffee
bryndy (5) - koffee
am (0) - capri
gwen (2) - capri
sporty (0) - stagg
kara (3) - stagg
koffee (3) - bryndy
killer (5) - bryndy
(zigzag attempts to unlynch moose and lynch bryndy but is late)

moose (1) - zigzag
cray (1) - koffee
gwen (1) - am
capri (1) - dubz
moose (2) - sar
msu (1) - moose
moose (3) - genny
bryndy (1) - lupes
kara (1) - cubs
koffee (1) - ski
sar (1) - killer
msu (0) - moose
kara (2) - moose
lupes (1) - dina
dubz (1) - snowy
bryndy (2) - weim
stagg (1) - dolphin
msu (1) - bryndy
bryndy (1) - lupes
gwen (2) - lupes
kara (3) - mel
cray (2) - mutts
moose (4) - vmh
stagg (2) - skim
moose (5) - stagg
cray (1) - koffee
am (1) - koffee
cray (0) - mutts
kara (4) - mutts
moose (4) - stagg
kara (5) - stagg
gwen (1) - lupes
moose (5) - lupes
moose (6) - cray

contingency zigzag (1) - koffee - but zigzag dies
contingency kara (1) - stagg
cray (1) - zigzag - but zigzag dies
contingency capri (1) - cray
kara (2) - mel
gwen (1) - am
kara (1) - mel
paws (1) - mel

dubz (1) - snowy
dubz (2) - vmh
paws (0) - mel
kara (2) - mel
stagg (1) - sar
gwen (2) - genny
kara (3) - weim
koffee (1) - cubs
am (1) - koffee
sar (1) - killer
mel (1) - karabou
dubz (1) - vmh
koffee (2) - vmh
capri (1) - lupin
koffee (3) - mj
am (0) - koffee
gwen (3) - koffee
lupes (1) - cray
koffee (4) - ski
koffee (3) - ski
koffee (2) - cubs

stagg (2) - bryndy
capri (2) - cubs
gwen (4) - ski
cray (1) - mutts
stagg (3) - skim
mel (0) - karabou
stagg (4) - karabou
kara (2) - stagg
gwen (5) - stagg
kara (3) - msu
gwen (4) - koffee
kara (4) - koffee
stagg (3) - karabou
gwen (5) - karabou
capri (2) - cubs
kara (5) - cubs
capri (1) - lupes
gwen (6) - lupes
dubz (0) - snowy
stagg (4) - snowy
unlynch gwen, lynch kara - stagg (but too late)

Anybody else ever do that thing where you're behind so you quote a bunch of posts, but don't respond to them yet in case things are addressed later, but then you decide to get involved in current events, and you want to multiquote things, and then you're forced to post everything?

Yeah, me neither.

Update on this? Think this was your read of the ziggy/cray argument

Uhhhhh no

What was the other reason?

Such lies
lynch meats

I didn't see this until now. When did our numbers get fixed?? :love:

I'm not following this. What was the first part about? Were you guys PM partners before she died?

hmmm, seems hedgey ;)

Oh good, two of my other wolf leans are defending my top wolf lean...
yes we were PM partners and then killer slid in between us
giphy.gif

Day 3

mandatory viewing for dramatic music

"He is moving like a tremendous machine! [...] That is a record that may stand forever." -Chic Anderson, 1973

And stand forever it has. Secretariat may be the greatest racehorse to have ever graced the earth. His death in 1989 left many admirers mourning, but his 2019 death, with the flip of a mob mentality onto him, is sadder yet.

His ability to tear up the track like a machine made him well-suited for creating items to help his allies. Alas, it was not to be; they did not want his help.

secretariat.jpg

Laid to rest is @Gwenevre - Secretariat, tinkerer

The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
5. @Skimble
6. @SARdoghandler
8. @SkiOtter
7. @WildZoo
9. @Animal Midwife
10. @Melchizedek
11. @Dinashadow
12. @Crayola227
14. @Lupin21
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
20. @Stagg737
24. @capri1722
26. @bryndiana.jones
27. @WeimMama
28. @Karabiner13
23. @killerleaf
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer

It is now Night 3. Early night actions will let me sleep, and I appreciate sleep.

Reactions: 1 users
my beautiful tie ruined

giphy.gif

I am now looking to:

1. Lynch AM
2. Lynch Ski
3. Lynch Kara AND/OR Stagg
3.b if one flips wolf look to see who played the tie game to try to save them
4. Lynch Capri cuz tin foil

:cool: haters gonna hate :cool:
Because I thought I was being lynched and that I had 2 minutes to catch up and defend. Which wasn't gonna happen. But then it turned out I wasn't lynched so all is well.
I don't believe this (no, im not asking for a role reveal) we havent seen a vanillager yet and a no name horse already died
Point of information, that's the name of a song, not just like "oh this horse is so bland and generic that it doesn't have a name"
That’s what I said
My bad, I misunderstood you.

I’m sorry y’all, I just can’t WW like I used to. Coming back to 800+ messages is a nightmare

Reactions: 5 users
However, power villagers like Kara, Mel, AM, even Dubz to some extent :p
I am offend :p

8. dubz - cautious village lean to neutral
- need more posts
- tentative village dubz? We're agreeing in the few posts we've made?
How about now? :heckyeah:

Oh I wasnt trying to fish, my bad.
This ability is confusing me, I cant grasp the purpose but I guess thats a mod post-game question
Mmmm accidental wolfy fishing methinks

As night fell, so began the snow as well. With no answers from the doctors, there was unease. Fights broke out during the night, with horses nipping through their stall bars at each other and others still escaping their stalls to be nosy.... or stand by those they held dear.

OK, missed this from the write up. Sounds like there was a protector involved, as some horses escaped to be nosy (tracking/seering/spying whatevs) or "stand by those they hold dear" = protection?

A lone dun stallion stood outside in the field, away from the chaos indoors. He much preferred being outside at night, where he was best suited. It allowed him the ability to take on threats to his herd and send them back where they came from.

Maybe a good descriptor for a redirector, which is what Dolphin was. Or a comment on protection?

It seemed an anthropomorphic dog had taken his place in the hearts of fans and he couldn't take the pain of being forgotten.

Slain by Goofy's success is @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
So Goofy sounds non-village. The phrasing of success makes me think there was a game mechanic, like RNG, or a challenge, or a 3rd party wincon (not to bring that in too soon, this is just one spot where due to the nature of the write up suggesting a "success" ie condition was met to kill, that it might represent something more than a standard NK. Could be nothing. Remember, I don't like to get too deep into mechanics or NKA, but I'm coming to a point)

There must be a scratch in the America disc. Kinda creepy, almost like someone put it in that spot specifically. A barn hand popped it out of the disc drive and studied the recorded surface. Covered with scratches and dust, even though it was just fine yesterday. CDs are antiquated anyway.

Disposed of is @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name, Anonymous messenger

"It was fine yesterday" - that could mean this was a delayed death mechanism.

You know I don't love NKA, and frankly I haven't analyzed a write up this hard since a JDH/ @Lupin21 game.

Point is, 3 deaths in one night is worth thinking about, especially when you're worried about someone's on thread and in PM behaviour, and they have suspicious ties to the ones who have died.

How has no one talked about some of these things?
I also was confused catching up why there had been like...zero speculation about the triple kill. AM has had too much influence here I think...

I am possibly the only one here that can actually prove being a villager and I will :rolleyes:

EDIT:

giphy.gif

A hush falls over the crowd as a small yet impressive horse is unloaded off of a fancy trailer...

The adoring fans are all at once struck by how adorable and village
@CoffeeQuestionMark is, and they all begin to applaud and squeal for joy
Seemed a little early for that tbh

Has anyone had thoughts on mutts? She is another one I have in a unknown pile.
My current thoughts are that she's contributing by posting reads lists but they are very superficial and for the most part without any solid reasoning - a lot of "feels off" type language, which is fine for a few of your reads, but when that's the entire list it gets an eyebrow raise from me

1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
soon to be convert/NK
*snort* I had the same thought

7. @WildZoo
weak sauce village
This is another sign of the apocalypse I think

Leaning wolf
Cray = super sketch, being helpful in regards to mechanics but seems off
AM = super sketch
Bryndi = still dont like she survived a tie but likely NAI
Lupin = need to ISO
Killer = tinfoil zombie convert - likely wrong but i can't get past this one

Leaning village
Kara = busy irl, seems to be participating when she can
Mel = tunneling Kara, seems v/v
Capri = usually read her wrong so not really sure but seems v
Dubz = seems v
Stagg = busy irl, trying to catch up - picking up on AM sketch too
Snowy = seems v in PM
genny, cubs, dina, ski = no strong reads here
coffee = mod confirmed village

Neutral/Not sure
Weim, Capri, Gwen, skim, MSU, SAR, MJ, vmh

lynch Cray
What I was talking about above. Like there's really nothing here that tells me any real wolf hunting is going on.

lol doesn't that basically work out to your read on AM is NAI for either of you
No, it's definit3ly NAI for me but it means there's a slightly higher chance that AM is village if I think she is. Slightly. :D

Seeing as Gwen posted a total of 5 times this game, I'm pretty interested to know why so many people actually found her sketchy enough to lynch other than inactivity.
Well, why'd you find her sketchy enough to use for self prez when there was still time for waffles?

So when MSU voted there was a 4 way tie and she voted for none of them. Why? My thought is that she wanted to get a vote in before close, as she more or less said, but didn't have a preference who of the 4 died because none of them were her pack mates. If there was a wolf in there, she could easily have said "lynch [insert any villager in the tie here]" and claimed feels.
This would also clear Coffee, Bryndy, and MOOSE (and killer's original incarnation but…obviously).

I remembered why I wanted to quote this.
I'm curious, are you saying you think MSU is a wolf and therefore the tied 4 are clear because of the way she voted...or are you saying the tied 4 are clear because of ~reasons~ and MSU is a wolf because of the way she voted?

I'm kind of hoping conversion is not an option for Coffee? given her role. Seems pretty broken because what if they converted her before she used the ability?