HPSP Stipend Drop Today

Started by DocArmy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocArmy

Roustabout
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Just got my stipend posted today and it's $15 lower than usual. Does anybody know what's up with that?

I know, it's only $30 a month, but just curious.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Just got my stipend posted today and it's $15 lower than usual. Does anybody know what's up with that?

I know, it's only $30 a month, but just curious.

I just spoke with the finance office and they say that it is a raise in the Federal Income Tax, anywhere from $15-$28.00...
 
I remember when I was where you guys were and every single dollar counted. Once you guys start making attending pay you won't even notice a pay change like that. Hang in there guys and keep pushing. It's worth it in the end.
 
Thanks for asking this, Navy here and mine dropped as well. I'm lazy so never called but guess I get more taken out every month 🙁
 
I don't think the stipend is subject to Social Security. The only time an HPSPer is paying into Social Security is during ADTs...so not much of a savings there. Check your LES though.

And yeah definitely don't pay social security.