Navy HSCP+GI BILL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LFA20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here able to use the GI bill while on HSCP? if so, do you have any prior military service?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone here able to use the GI bill while on HSCP? if so, do you have any prior military service?

thanks

Yes and yes. It's a sweet deal if you're a prior going to a public school (maybe private with great yellow ribbon program).

RUMINT says that they're trying to decrease/get rid of numbers of hscp for med school. Not sure if accurate.

Yes and yes. It's a sweet deal if you're a prior going to a public school (maybe private with great yellow ribbon program).

RUMINT says that they're trying to decrease/get rid of numbers of hscp for med school. Not sure if accurate.

what if you have no prior service? The VA website states that you only need 90 days of active duty to apply.. Does time in medical/dental school counts as active duty?

Members don't see this ad :)
what if you have no prior service? The VA website states that you only need 90 days of active duty to apply.. Does time in medical/dental school counts as active duty?
No prior service and you will get the 40% rate at 90 days. Yes, the dental school time counts as active.

Copied from: http://newgibill.org/post_911_gi_bill
36 Cumulative Months 100%
30 Cumulative Months 90%
24 Cumulative Months 80%
18 Cumulative Months 70%
12 Cumulative Months 60%
6 Cumulative Months 50%
90 Cumulative Days 40%

Hi there,

I am planing on attending med school next year, and have some questions regarding the the educational benefit. I am no prior service, but i saw the GI.Bill + HSCP opportunity and since the school I plan to attend is dirty cheap (12k a year), i was hoping i could use the MGIB instead, since it pays you instead of the school. my question is: can I receive MGIB benefits during military residency? Can i just take take the loans, and use the money they give you to bay them back, even though i'm still serving back and training? thanks for your time and service.

Has anybody in here gotten the GI Bill with HSCP with no prior service?