hSDN Class of 2012

Yeah, I'm glad G's gone. This forum should be for information, polite debate/discussion, and fun. He was all sorts of crazy and very rude, and that doesn't fly well with me.

Ehrmagerd,I just caught up on the healthcare thread. That was a bit of a clustercuss.

Hi pharmerbobs, i'm Cee.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Cee :) You can call me Bobs.

So, how's everyone's summer going so far? I can honestly say I've been a lot less productive than I thought I would be haha

Hi Cee :) You can call me Bobs.

So, how's everyone's summer going so far? I can honestly say I've been a lot less productive than I thought I would be haha

I was going to learn to code, become fluent in spanish and learn to play the piano this summer.

Progress:

My friend gave me a piano.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am all done with my summer job, and currently vacationing in the south. Orientation is this weekend, so i'll head home soon.

Also, since southern accents are an American treasure, i will be using 'lawl' in place of 'lol' for awhile.

:D

Also, since southern accents are an American treasure, i will be using 'lawl' in place of 'lol' for awhile.

:D

Says who?

And why the hell does this thread only have 4 stars?!? It is easily a 7 star thread, but 5 is the max, which brings me back to why the hell does this thread only have 4 stars?!?

Maybe I am biased 'cause my gram-gram is southern.

I bet genius12836571 or whatever his name is is behind the 4 stars. He went reddit-style and down-voted all your threads.

Love the new sig, btw. :laugh:

Maybe I am biased 'cause my gram-gram is southern.

I bet genius12836571 or whatever his name is is behind the 4 stars. He went reddit-style and down-voted all your threads.

Love the new sig, btw. :laugh:

That monkey-fighting son of a brick...

haha thanks, I thought it described me well.

Why do people keep praising CC?

Why did genius down vote our thread?

Why can I not see this new signature of amazingness?

These are the questions that plague me...

Why do people keep praising CC?

Why did genius down vote our thread?

Why can I not see this new signature of amazingness?

These are the questions that plague me...

They're blind to the truth.

He was insane, I feel sorry for his roommate.

It's on my first post of this page.

Olympics opening ceremony tomorrow woooo! Who's excited, what are your favorite events, etc?

Olympics opening ceremony tomorrow woooo! Who's excited, what are your favorite events, etc?

I have heard rumors about the Opening Ceremonies, and this may be the weirdest event I have seen. I won't reveal any spoilers, but it will be interesting.

Important question for anyone who had their wisdom teeth out: how long did it take for you to completely recover? I'm debating whether to try and fit in a removal surgery before I head to college on Aug. 24, and I wanted to get a feel for how long I needed to account for in scheduling everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aw, I feel so left out of this forum. I has no idea a high school section existed.
We did it class of 2012!

Important question for anyone who had their wisdom teeth out: how long did it take for you to completely recover? I'm debating whether to try and fit in a removal surgery before I head to college on Aug. 24, and I wanted to get a feel for how long I needed to account for in scheduling everything.

Do it before August and you'll be fine. It took about two weeks, but you'll want the cushion.

Do it before August and you'll be fine. It took about two weeks, but you'll want the cushion.

Looks like I may not be doing it until winter break. My insurance won't cover the surgery as I originally expected since it would have been done in an office setting. Now I have to find a hospital and another doctor to perform it. :mad:

If you went ahead and had it in early August, you'd be good to go. I was back to normal in a week to week and a half. My experience was incredibly positive though; no swelling, no pain. I just took my antibiotics and took it easy on eating solid food for the week.

The worst part was my dissolvable suture came loose, went into my wound, and got infected. So I cut it out. Overall, it was really no big deal!

EDIT: Nevermind. Sorry about your insurance... that's rough, man. :(

The good thing is that I'm not having any issues with my wisdom teeth right now. Not feeling anything. My dentist just said that she doesn't know when they will become an issue, but that they eventually probably will. So, hopefully my teeth won't pose any issues until I can take care of it. We can hope, at least. :xf:

Watching the Opening Ceremonies, and a special British-themed GIF:

Wtf.gif

Who is this genius dude? I wanted to read something lulzworthy.

My favorite Olympic events are swimming and gymnastics.

I'm excited for classes, I've been sitting like a bump on a log for weeks... xD

Watching the Opening Ceremonies, and a special British-themed GIF:

Wtf.gif

Pretttty much my reaction as well. :p

AHMD, it took me about a week to recover too. I also had a pretty seamless wisdom teeth experience, except for the drugs making me horribly sick the night after getting them out. Pro tip: ginger is fantastic for nausea/vomiting should you experience it. I don't know how it works, but it does.

I was at camp during the opening ceremony, so I missed it ):
But, I'll find my own way to watch it... ahem.

Favorite olympic sport is probably the track and field sports.
scaled.php

Let me just be you, Allison Stokke.

My roommate doesn't have Facebook. But thanks to the Internet and some pro stalking abilities, I have found a picture of him.

Class of 2012 here. Gap year here. But I'm going to be running a soup kitchen and interning at UNICEF for half of 2013 and test for some extra AP's that I can enroll for privately. (self study)
Ooh and I'm an international from Pakistan.

That's great! Best of luck to you.

So, anyone here interested in extracurriculars?

That's great! Best of luck to you.

So, anyone here interested in extracurriculars?

I will be doing some shadowing when I can. I've done about 50 hours this summer. Additionally, I'll be fulfilling requirements to join my school's AED chapter, and playing piano at different assisted living/nursing homes on the weekends. I'd really like to do a lot of that playing around Christmas... the elderly and those with special needs really enjoy having someone new come and play good music for them. It's such a treat for everyone involved! :D

Other than that, I have no set plans. My school has "Get on Board Day" where all of the student organizations set up in a busy part of campus to explain what their club is about, give out stuff, etc. I figure I'll have an extra organization or two to join when I go to that.

Today, I learned that I can see the names and ID pics of who will be in my classes via my school's Blackboard type thing. Stalkerish, but fun. :D

Last edited:
Btdubs, what kind of boxes, INS? Boxes of textbooks/random stuffs in the mail, or boxes to move stuff with?

I went to Target and Dillard's today; I now have many pieces of kitchenware, binders, paper, pens, pencils, highlighters, a big dry-erase board, new shirts, a new tie, and various other things which will come in handy.

And the best part? It was all tax-free. At least our great state knows how to do something right. :claps:

Thank you for the advice! I think I'll be consuming some applesauce and pudding for the next 30 days.

I went to Target and Dillard's today; I now have many pieces of kitchenware, binders, paper, pens, pencils, highlighters, a big dry-erase board, new shirts, a new tie, and various other things which will come in handy.

And the best part? It was all tax-free. At least our great state knows how to do something right. :claps:

Time for me to buy all of that stuff with taxes...

The hunt for the best pens begins.

I'm going with Zebra Sarasa pens. They don't bleed and dry pretty quickly.

And if you're trying to find pens for lab notebooks, I found this online. Some guy apparently thought of every scenario you could run into, tried a ton of different pens in each case, and posted this.

laboratory-notebook-ink-test-M.jpg

And if you're trying to find pens for lab notebooks, I found this online. Some guy apparently thought of every scenario you could run into, tried a ton of different pens in each case, and posted this.

Why are they testing wood alcohol? I guess it makes sense for chem lab, but even there? It's fairly toxic from my understanding. I can understand the water, drinking alcohol, and nail polish remover/organic cleanser. :laugh:

I use Zebra pens too!! I'm a lefty, and drag my hand through ink seconds after it has been applied to paper. This world was designed for the Right-handed.

But I digress....

:laugh: That is brilliant. And probably indicative of a man with too much time on his hands, but brilliant nonetheless. :D

Learn Arabic
Or Hebrew!

And regarding the pen thing... G-2's for life!

Remember, pros don't spill **** in lab.

Why are they testing wood alcohol? I guess it makes sense for chem lab, but even there? It's fairly toxic from my understanding. I can understand the water, drinking alcohol, and nail polish remover/organic cleanser. :laugh:

I have no clue. Personally, the baking column was the one that confused me. Unless you were planning on baking food while doing chemistry labs, it really doesn't fit. For the wood alcohol, I guess he thinks that even if you are breathing in toxic material, the most important thing is not to have your pen smudge.

By the day, what day is the official kick-off date for our Pre-Allo thread? I have to find a good GIF for my final full-time post here on hSDN, so I wanted to see how much time I have to look.

By the day, what day is the official kick-off date for our Pre-Allo thread? I have to find a good GIF for my final full-time post here on hSDN, so I wanted to see how much time I have to look.

I am unsure of this as well. Is Ceph creating the thread?