I am applying this year and what do you think my chances are

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe there should a "Will I get in?" forum for all of these threads. :laugh:

I doubt this guy is for real but there are a fair number of real posts like this. I believe most of these posts come because the process is so multifactorial and people get worried when they read about someone with a 34 that doesn't get accepted. I think everyone worries about their acceptances because nearly everyone has part of their application that could be a bit better. For example, a person can have a 40 and 3.9 but not so many ec's so he worries about that. Another person may have great ec's but got a so-so MCAT score. So everyone that does not have a letter of acceptance worries at least a little bit.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by gooloogooloo
i am so with you this time, and this time only, dr. wall$treet thing. gosh, are you guys crazy? what is the chance of an 18 years old applicant with stat like this, hear about SDN, comes to SDN, and post his first thread, asking such a dumb question? If he can manage to master so many things well...

well, let me refresh you:

I am a 18yr old 3rd year Bio sci major at a UC
Gpa: 3.69
MCAT: 11 13 10 T (considering retaking)
Other: Fraternity, Medical Biller, Professional DJ, Kaplan teacher, o-chem tutor, Anesthisology Research, lots of volunteer service, and been published for papers in comparitive literature.

Ok, how can he not know how competetive his numerical stat? What a dumb question to ask about his MCAT score? U think he is serious? If he is smart enough to manage all that, he would humbly, simply, ask you that the concern is really about his age. When Dr. Folkman got into Harvard, he broke HMS's history of youngest med student, and he was 19.

And tell me this, what is the chance of a 3 yrs student, means 16 years old when he was freshman, join a fraternity? And wow, KAPLAN TEACHER? OCHEM TUTOR? Firstable, a Kaplan tutor requires you to score 13 or above on the subject that you tutor. So I assume that he scores a 13 on Bio. But for my knowledge, A FREAKING KAPLAN tutor needs to be a med student too!!

And... LOTS of volunteer serivce... he has that much time in addition to his great comparative paper and advanced college classes?

If he is a genius, if he PUBLISHED PAPER IN COMPARATIVE LITERATURE, he wouldn't spell "comparative" wrong.

to top it off, did he say he is a what? medical biller? what is that? and a professional DJ? Anesthisology Research????? GIVE ME A BREAK! You guys....

if he is what he is, i bet he can get into HMS. His stat is way better than Dr. Judah Folkman

Bravo Gool!:clap: ... I'm surprised most people were taken in by this... this is obviously a post from someone who is looking to simply get some attention from others in ANY WAY POSSIBLE... and if that means making up a bunch of stuff that he/she knows would infuriate everyone, then all the better. As long as he/she can look on it later on with glee at how much they've stirred things up. Just don't even bother answering threads like this; its a waste of everyone's time....

Originally posted by CaNEM
Hi! I'm a 13 year old master's student from Harvard. My MCAT was 45T, and my GPA is 3.97 (it's so low because i had to take a few weeks off to cure cancer). My CV includes being president of the NIH at age 11 and building a children's hospital with my own bare hands.

Anyway, do I have a shot??

Actually, this is just a rhetorical question. I know I'm God. I only post these "do i have a shot?" threads because I thrive on your praise and compliments! Ha! Worship me!

:rolleyes:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Hero
I'm glad you asked. IMO, an example of dinguses are ones uncomfortable with their inferiority and feel the need to put down those who are more accomplished. Is this you? :)

They are insecure people without a life. They have major problems. Is this you? :)

Most importantly, they forget that SDN is a forum for people to ask questions without having their post overanalyzed and given crap about... I don't have to ask. ;)

Point is, you don't know if Striderhiryu is for real or not. He could be another troll like the dude here but you don't know. Yes it's unlikely that this guy's for real but remember that there are some pretty amazing people on SDN. Unless u got facts to make conclusions, don't.

You say the responses are by those who have a sense of humor and joke around. I know it's fun to joke around but when you say things like:
That is just insulting. What's wrong with having to go overseas, nursing or P.A. or working at Mickey D's?

Yea I'll admit that i'm an dingus a lot of times on SDN (and in life ;)). But over time i have learn that some people are here to find answers to their questions. learn to leave them alone.
First of all, we are all adults here... and unless you skipped as many elementary school grades as our imaginary young friend, you should know that YOU DON'T CURSE ON THIS BOARD :mad: (or if you do, you put nice dollare signs and other marks in place of the letters like Dr. Wallstreet does :p )... The saddest thing about you is that you don't even realize your being played... your the only person in this entire board that takes this thread seriously, including our alleged poor, naive 18-yr old supra-genius... why has he not posted since the beginning? Hey, "Hero"... any chance this new member is your alter ego, your new member name on the board? If not, seriously take a look again at this thread. Maybe in a few days you'll finally understand what everyone else has realized.

Originally posted by Green912
Is this a joke? For one thing there's got to be plenty of people getting accepted to UC's with lesser numbers. And then to jump right into the foreign school route! A 34 MCAT and ~3.7gpa will get you into 9/10 allopathic schools. Especially in light of relevant EC's and LOR's.

Its suppossed to be:D Apparently sarcasm doesn't transfer well over the net.

Btw the to the original poster, if this is a real post. I would hold off on applying. Explore the world. Take a year or two off. Travel & do something fun. Cause med school isn't fun and neither is residency. Otherwise your stats are above average and you may get in if you apply to a wide range of schools.

Oh, you're right, putting dollar signs in place of the s in the curse words really changes it a whole lot doesn't it? WTF!!!! What is the difference?