I am waitlisted at UCI !!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cambrian

Colonel/Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, two months after the interview and no word from them. Then I called today to ask about my status, they told me that I am waitlisted. I can't say that I am sorely disappointed because I have already been accepted at UCSD. But the thing that kills me is that this is UCI !!!. If UCSD accepted me then one would assume UCI would too. Just goes to show you how random the process is. Oh well !!!! For those UCSD bound med students out there: I'll see you this August.

Members don't see this ad.

Well at least you got waitlisted. I'm on hold to get on the waitlist in June. You can never expect to get accepted at one school just because you got accepted at a higher ranked one. The whole process is so ridiculous and random (especially in California).

Congrats on UCSD though. I was just there today, looks like a great school.

hi, do u know where you will live next yr at ucsd? dorm/apt? tia

Members don't see this ad :)
Jefe,

From what Gayle told me, there is no longer a "hold list". Everyone is put on waitlist. Waitlist also means the same for me. I won't hear anything until June. May I ask if you have interviewed at any other UC school and when exactly you interviewed at UCI? I interviewed there really early.

chef,

I don't know exactly where I am going to be living yet. I guess I have to drive there and scout for apartments and housing. Are you trying to find a roommate? If so, maybe we can work something out. :)

SDNers are nice people and I would love to dorm with you people

Camb, I interviewed at UCI on Nov 8 and I received word I was on the waitlist January 15 or so. I hear that they messed up this year with their standards for admission (way too high), so I bet a lot of us will hear something from them when they stop interviewing sometime in April (I think).

I am dying to know what my rank on the waitlist is. I hear they have an exact number for each applicant... hmm maybe time for a spy mission....

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Kazzar:
•hmm maybe time for a spy mission....•••••lol, what do you have in mind? :wink:

You said they had their standards messed up? How is that actually possible? Are the post-interview cutoffs computerized now?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Jefe:
•You can never expect to get accepted at one school just because you got accepted at a higher ranked one. The whole process is so ridiculous and random (especially in California).
•••••That's for sure! I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, but along the same lines:

I have an interview at UCSF but got a "hold for interview" (i.e., a rejection) from UCSD. Go figure. :rolleyes:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by cambrian:
•Jefe,

From what Gayle told me, there is no longer a "hold list". Everyone is put on waitlist. Waitlist also means the same for me. I won't hear anything until June. May I ask if you have interviewed at any other UC school and when exactly you interviewed at UCI? I interviewed there really early.•••••Well that's kind of weird if they don't plan to move their wait list at all until June, but hopefully that will improve my chances of making it now. I interviewed at UCI at their first session (11/8) and got put on their hold list about two months later. The only other UC I've interviewed at was UCSD, which was today (1/11).