Other OT-Related Information I could use some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meadow10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
have been wanting to be an OT for ten years but I have not gone because of the loans. Does anyone have any advice about whether this wAs the right decision?

Members don't see this ad.

CoraBeth beat me to it!

"If OT is your dream, I would say go for it!" - truer words have never been said.

State schools are good.
Big schools with more funding are good (research/TAship)
St. Augustine has a flex program, Trinity Washington has a weekend program, and there are some programs that let you go part-time, so you can go work and save some money. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

Thank you CoraBeth and dobber for your responses! I'm curious to know if anyone has looked more into St. Augustine's flex program or if anyone has actually attended a flex program? It says that it is online and that you attend classes on the weekends. It seems to me that that wouldn't be as quality of an education as actually going in every weekday to sit in class with others, one because you probably don't build as strong relationships with your professors to lean on them for guidance, and two because you probably don't build as strong relationships with your classmates, who can be huge social support and academic support! Has anyone had this experience?

I'm thinking about this program because I am also daunted by the idea of getting into so much debt. I think it's worth it to do a three-year flex program over two-year full-time program if it will offset even a little bit of the debt! But just wondering what others think.