I got a 16 on Reading Comprehension. Should I be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dream big

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just took my DAT today and here are my scores:

PAT:19
QR: 17
RC: 16
Bio: 23
GC: 19
OC: 18
TS: 20
AA: 19

I was wondering do I need to retake my test since I got a 16 on my reading?

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to retake not because of the RC, because of everything else except the Bio. Your bio score is great.

Hi everyone,

I just took my DAT today and here are my scores:

PAT:19
QR: 17
RC: 16
Bio: 23
GC: 19
OC: 18
TS: 20
AA: 19

I was wondering do I need to retake my test since I got a 16 on my reading?

Thank you for your time.
Try and apply broadly. RC is a little low.. but how is your GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would retake, only because every section is below 20 except for Bio. You don't necessarily need to but it would improve your chances. What's your GPA?
I see thank you. This was my 2nd time i took the DAT. My GPA is 3.8. I really don't know what I should i do now. My first time i did better on sciences. But i guess they look at your most recent scores.

I see thank you. This was my 2nd time i took the DAT. My GPA is 3.8. I really don't know what I should i do now. My first time i did better on sciences. But i guess they look at your most recent scores.

The GPA is pretty high so a retake may not be necessary after all...with that said you could enormously improve your chances at most schools by raising your score.

Reactions: 1 user

Everyone's app is going to be different but a friend of mine had a much lower DAT score than you but around the same GPA and they got two acceptances tho I'm not sure how many schools they applied to.