I HATE STANDING!! - Ideal Pharmacy Place?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dzialo

Transgentic Experiment.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate standing for hours, and hours...

Interactions with people is okay, but I would prefer to be somewhat distant.

What are some places I could work as a Pharmacist that would allow me to sit and work, and stand all the time? Since I computer programming and online marketing, I am used to sitting all day. Haha.

I would not even mind online/internet based Pharmacy as well, if that pays well.

Any input?

Members don't see this ad.

I just did a visit to the VA and they have a call center. People from all over the state call about any drug questions they have. I know some MTM centers are like that too. Oh, and poison control centers.

I just did a visit to the VA and they have a call center. People from all over the state call about any drug questions they have. I know some MTM centers are like that too. Oh, and poison control centers.

And you would need a Pharm.D for these?

I want something where I can place my Pharm.D To work, and still get paid $xxx,xxx, just without the standing. Lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you do. These are all positions where you would be counseling patients, making health care decisions/recommendations, etc. You should look up what MTM stands for. Very cool stuff.

APhA has some great resources about careers. They have a survey you can take (it's long) to find an ideal career for you. I suggest just going to the Career Options Profiles link which takes you to descriptions of different areas of practice and aspects are involved (like hours, practice settings, autonomy, and a lot of other things).

http://www.pharmacist.com/AM/Templa...mplate=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=14146

The pharmacists, at the hospital I used to work for, sat on their ***es all day long. The position that they held was called order entry or data entry. Basically, they just typed up scanned physician orders into the computer system.

Last edited:
The pharmacists, at the hospital I used to work for, sat on their ***es all day long. The position that they held was called order entry or data entry. Basically, they just typed up scanned physician orders into the computer system.

If that hospital was the VA, they rotate. I think it's one month of data entry and one month of working in the actual pharmacy. They rotate all year long. I inquired about that at my last doctor's visit. That seems like a very plush job, but I would get bored to death just sitting telling patients what medication they are getting and counseling them on the side effects.

Ha, ha, ha, Poison Control is a hard job to get in California because hardly anyone ever quits. You kind of have to wait for someone to retire ^_^' I don't know if it is like that in other states though.

Try mail order. You sit in a cubicle reviewing prescriptions and talking on the phone all day.

I did a rotation at a prison/LTC pharmacy (closed door-not on site-please no jokes about other things besides sitting/standing) and really liked it, about 1/2 the day filling mail-order, 1/2 the day sitting to do data entry and field calls, occassional formulary review or monthly to bi-monthly site consulting. It seems like, if you talk to people, closed-door pharmacies specializing in chemo, LTC, or other special populations are in a lot more places than you think.

I worked at a LTC, most of the pharmacists sat in front of a computer all day while they review the orders (and the techs ran around the pharmacy warehouse filling the orders).

but I would get bored to death just sitting telling patients what medication they are getting and counseling them on the side effects.

isn't that community pharmacy?