I have a letter writer who won't use the AACOMAS letter writer to send a letter.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monnarx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having some trouble securing a letter of recommendation for my DO schools. I found a little information online but I am still very confused.

I have a professor who refuses to use the AACOMAS letter writer as his anti-virus says that the site is insecure. After looking around for a bit, I noticed that they don't want to take letters by mail. So my questions are 1) What options are there in this scenario? and 2) My professor has an Interfolio account, is he able to use that to send the letter to AACOMAS without having to go through the letter writer?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I am having some trouble securing a letter of recommendation for my DO schools. I found a little information online but I am still very confused.

I have a professor who refuses to use the AACOMAS letter writer as his anti-virus says that the site is insecure. After looking around for a bit, I noticed that they don't want to take letters by mail. So my questions are 1) What options are there in this scenario? and 2) My professor has an Interfolio account, is he able to use that to send the letter to AACOMAS without having to go through the letter writer?

Thank you!

Interfolio is too perfect. Use it. Only cost you $12/year but you can manage all your letter up there.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the response! It seems pretty cool, but I am wondering - will someone using interfolio need to use the AACOMAS letter writer application to send letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response! It seems pretty cool, but I am wondering - will someone using interfolio need to use the AACOMAS letter writer application to send letters?

There's a pretty easy system to upload your interfolio letters into AACOMAS. Directions are on Interfolio's website. I guess you could send the letters directly from interfolio to the schools but it seems like AACOMAS would be easier.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought you could address your letter to AACOMAS and have them upload the letter for you? However, interfolio works just as well and he already has an account so I would use that.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry for the late response - I am still figuring it out, but your responses have helped a lot - thank you!