I Have Some Questions about Pre-Pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tonguyen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did really bad on my first year of college...that when i didn't know what i really want...now i've took all over the course that i didn't pass, bascially i had F's...but i aced nothing but A's in all the courses that i have failed..i have a question that does it going to ruin my chance to enroll in Pharm School or accecpt it at all??do they even look at my transcript or willing to give me a chance??i really need some advice to improve my transcript..would u guys help me out with some ideas...i would really appreciated much!!Thanks a bunch!!!

To Nguyen

Members don't see this ad.

I i aced nothing but A's in all the courses that i have failed..

what???? you mean the only A's you earned were in the repeated courses?

while the original F's were not impressive, you will be okay b/c:
1) it was your 1st year in undergrad
2) you retook them and got straight A's

next step?

don't get (any) F's--quite frankly nothing below a B. and be prepared to explain (on your application) why you got those bad grades 1st yr.

First of all, quite getting F's from now on. You can still apply to pharmacy school and have a good chance if you show that popular upward trend in grades. Fs are not the kiss of death in your application. A bad GPA that can't make the school's GPA minimum will make acceptances much more difficult. It sounds like you have rebounded well enough.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
i got lots of Ds Cs and Fs too but my gpa is 3.08. as long as im above 3.0 im somewhat happy because thats the cutoff for many schools.l