I just graduated with a BS degree but now I'm lost..any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zmckay23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated this December 2015 with a degree in Allied Health Sciences from UConn but I'm unsure where to go from here. I previously wanted to go to PA school but I lost my hope. I was a very hard working student even though it took me five years to get my diploma, my cGPA is not good, overall my GPA is a 2.78 mainly because I got a D in macro-economics (which wasn't required for my major) but I thought it would be a good course to take anyway and was wrong (schedule was too much). My science GPA is higher than my accumulative GPA. I didn't take the GRE's or apply to PA school because I felt like there was no hope..now I don't know what to do! I need a job but don't know where to apply or start looking with an Allied Health Science degree...

My plan is to take an EMT course to stay busy while gaining experience which starts 1/21/2016..but I don't want to be an EMT and my degree is over-qualified for this profession. I don't have much current clinical experience except I've shadowed my father who is an ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) at his surgical center and his anesthesiologist & nurse anesthetist other than that nothing...

I've thought about post-bachelorette programs but unsure what field of study to apply for and unsure if this is a good idea for me or if I would even get accepted..I've also thought of nursing but unsure how to get into it now that I already have my degree in AHS...I've also thought about radiology therapists, or nuclear medicine technologist etc..things like this that only require an associates..

Does anyone have any advice for me at this point on what direction I should go from here? I would like to do something with this degree (not waste it) and I do need a job at some point...

Members don't see this ad.

If it were not for your gpa, theres no reason that you couldn't go to nursing school. But I guess that's one of the big problems for PA school for you as well. Radiology Technologist programs are competitive programs to get into too.

You could also look into being a drug rep. Some of those folks do quite well.

If it were not for your gpa, theres no reason that you couldn't go to nursing school. But I guess that's one of the big problems for PA school for you as well. Radiology Technologist programs are competitive programs to get into too.

You could also look into being a drug rep. Some of those folks do quite well.

What exactly do drug reps do? How do you look into it? Thanks...should I try and raise my gpa somehow? I will calculate my science gpa and update this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.