I just withdrew my acceptance from [this] school, c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I deposited at Nova, VCU and UNLV. I have January acceptances at Pitt and Columbia.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my upenn acceptance.... that was so painful...

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my upenn acceptance.... that was so painful...

Man, lots of penn withdraws this year... I already know FOUR along my circle of frnds to do so as well. I'm thinking about it too cuz that price tag is just not moral lol

Man, lots of penn withdraws this year... I already know FOUR along my circle of frnds to do so as well. I'm thinking about it too cuz that price tag is just not moral lol
Yeah. Withdrew from Penn a while back as well. Had a good interview there with super welcoming staff members, but the interviewees there are the "coldest" I've seen (*except a few lovely ones of course). Really gives you a sense of the competitive environment you'll be in once you're there doing dentistry. It's an awesome awesome awesome school with tons of opportunities of course. What you can do there and from there on is pretty much limitless! But there are other schools that also provide the same resources as Penn does but with the exception of having "better" tuition rates. So in the end, it's the ROI that sealed the deal for me. Absolutely one of the toughest decisions to make.

But hey, everyone is different. The best thing to do is just to go with your gut feeling and go to the school where you think you'll fit best and be the happiest.

Yeah. Withdrew from Penn a while back as well. Had a good interview there with super welcoming staff members, but the interviewees there are the "coldest" I've seen (*except a few lovely ones of course). Really gives you a sense of the competitive environment you'll be in once you're there doing dentistry. It's an awesome awesome awesome school with tons of opportunities of course. What you can do there and from there on is pretty much limitless! But there are other schools that also provide the same resources as Penn does but with the exception of having "better" tuition rates. So in the end, it's the ROI that sealed the deal for me. Absolutely one of the toughest decisions to make.

But hey, everyone is different. The best thing to do is just to go with your gut feeling and go to the school where you think you'll fit best and be the happiest.
really? I felt like Penn wasn't that bad, but at Columbia it definitely felt a little cold around the other interviewees. Guess it just depends on the day, but then again, we don't know if the chilly ones were admitted either.

really? I felt like Penn wasn't that bad, but at Columbia it definitely felt a little cold around the other interviewees. Guess it just depends on the day, but then again, we don't know if the chilly ones were admitted either.

I had the opposite experience at my interviews. There was one guy from Dartmouth who exuded an air of a pompous git who was so nonchalant about everything and supposedly had more important matters to attend to on his smartphone during the financial aid presentation than the actual presentation itself. Funny cuz I remember the presenter (forgot her name) specifically looked at him and said "You may want to hear this" and yet he continued his facade of terrible... And this other girl who asked questions incessantly at every breath pause. Jesus Christ lol...

Columbia I felt more at home and at ease among the interviewees, but again that just might have been the interview group that I was in :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I had the opposite experience at my interviews. There was one guy from Dartmouth who exuded an air of a pompous git who was so nonchalant about everything and supposedly had more important matters to attend to on his smartphone during the financial aid presentation than the actual presentation itself. Funny cuz I remember the presenter (forgot her name) specifically looked at him and said "You may want to hear this" and yet he continued his facade of terrible... And this other girl who asked questions incessantly at every breath pause. Jesus Christ lol...

Columbia I felt more at home and at ease among the interviewees, but again that just might have been the interview group that I was in :/

I guess my interview group wasn't terrible - a couple of us went on a tour around the campus together and everyone seemed pretty friendly and open. I was more worried about the students I talked with - they were no doubt friendly, but all seemed to be extremely stressed about school etc. The faculty interviewer I had didn't even seem to be listening to me. And the facilities left a dank, mirky, old impression on me. In comparison, BU's students, faculty, and staff I interacted with were so much more outgoing, friendly, happy, etc. and although the building was a little smaller, I definitely felt it was much more conducive to learning.

But that's just how I felt. That and a scholarship made the difference. If the tuition were more similarly priced, I probably would have picked Penn mainly for the name and opportunities, but I guess that's not the case...

Turned down U of Colorado interview, good luck fellow pre-dents!

Withdrew from both Temple and University of Maryland a while back =(. Very Very hard decision. I am sure someone has gotten those acceptances by now. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
withdrew from nova,case,tufts
declined post-dec interview at temple
good luck guys!

I guess maybe you just went there on the wrong day. Columbia students seemed to be the happiest students I saw on my interview trail. The interviewees didn't seem that bad either. The ones in my group were very chatty and friendly

Reactions: 1 user
No point in dragging this out any further. Withdrew last week from Pitt, Penn, BU, USC, UDM, NYU. Reconsidering Columbia.

Alright, bumpers... this thread is probably going to move a lot more slowly now that the initial wave of acceptances and deposits is over, LOL.

COOL GLIMMER. Thank you so much for letting me know. BUMP

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew an interview at LECOM
Interview date: Feb.06.2014

Withdrew interview at Maryland and an acceptance from Pittsburgh. Good luck to any one trying for those two!

If you need me, I'll be at Temple

Withdrew interview from Temple. Good luck to you SDNers, and go Bruins !

Declined Howard interview the other day. If somebody still hasn't heard from them, hope you get a chance.

Declined Howard interview the other day. If somebody still hasn't heard from them, hope you get a chance.
I guess you can now officially say that you've been invited to interview to all the schools you applied to! Lol congrats dude!

Will be withdrawing from UPenn :(. Such a great school (faculty, clinics, curriculum, students etc). Whoever gets the opportunity to go there will not be disappointed!

Will most likely be turning down SIU as well.

Will be withdrawing from UPenn :(. Such a great school (faculty, clinics, curriculum, students etc). Whoever gets the opportunity to go there will not be disappointed!

Will most likely be turning down SIU as well.

Where will you be going?

Just withdrew from Marquette and Roseman. Only schools left to contact me are UW and Creighton and I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with MWUAZ cause I have the navy scholarship now.

Will be withdrawing from NYU soon. Hope this helps someone :)

Just a quick question. If I put down a deposit for an acceptance to one program and then got accepted to another school can I cancel the acceptance to first school or am I locked in to that one. Thanks

Just a quick question. If I put down a deposit for an acceptance to one program and then got accepted to another school can I cancel the acceptance to first school or am I locked in to that one. Thanks

Deposit reserves your seat in that school's class, you can place as many as you'd like. You ultimately decide which school you attend

You can deposit to as many schools as you want, this reserves your seat. However, you have to ultimately make a final choice, and i believe at most schools, the deposit is non-refundable

In addition to the above, I'd like to add:
AADSAS participating schools report to AADSAS by May 1 the names and AADSAS ID numbers of candidates holding positions; after May 5, AADSAS reports to each dental school the names of their candidates who are holding more than one position at dental schools; schools may rescind offers of admission to such candidates after allowing 15-day response period.

Ok thanks guys..I know you lose the deposit just didn't know if it was final or not...appreciate it...

Withdrawing from NYU soon. Hope an SDNer gets it!

Thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread. As acceptances start to roll in, remember to withdraw from schools you aren't going to.

Never in my life I thought I would be posting something in this thread.

I feel extremely lucky to receive 3 acceptances in the past 4 days, but I will withdraw my acceptances from tufts and temple. Hope some SDNer gets it!! :)

Withdrew a while back from Rutgers, UNE, VCU, and Western (OOS for all).

Withdrew a while back from Rutgers, UNE, VCU, and Western (OOS for all).
If I may ask, had you put in a deposit at Rutgers before you withdrew? Or did you withdraw before the 1st deposit due date?

Just withdrew my application from UPenn and about to do the same for Tufts. Not a fun decision but really hope one of you guys gets it! Good luck!