I know it's strange...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xdianaax

In memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can dental schools see every school you have been to? I mean if I attended a public university and then I went to a different public university because I did poorly on some classes can they see the first school if I don't submit the transcript or the grades? Will they be able to see it with my other public unviersity transcript? How about private, what if I go to a private school after public and say nothing about the public school, then will they have access? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Can dental schools see every school you have been to? I mean if I attended a public university and then I went to a different public university because I did poorly on some classes can they see the first school if I don't submit the transcript or the grades? Will they be able to see it with my other public unviersity transcript? How about private, what if I go to a private school after public and say nothing about the public school, then will they have access? Thank you.
I get the feeling you're basically asking if dental schools will be able to catch you lying if you leave out an unflattering part of your academic history and then claim the edited version as complete.

The short answer is "sometimes," and the short warning is that if they do, you stand a very real chance of having your acceptance rescinded--even after you've enrolled and begun classes.

Don't screw around with submitting a fraudulent AADSAS; playing by the rules will save you a lot of stomach lining over the four years you're in school. ;)

Well it's not happening to me, but my brother screwed up his first time in college at a public university, and now he's enrolling and I don't know whether it's better for him to do private or public again...

Members don't see this ad :)
Not advocating anything here, but I can certainly say if your brother were going to do this it wouldn't be the type of thing you'd want to talk about on a public forum...

I mean worst case scenario is he has to make up for his grades, he was just wondering if there was an alternative, no harm in asking...

If you transfer credit into your school then this transfer credit shows up on your official transcript, or at least the note of transfer credit will be mentioned. If you don't know where this is mentioned on your transcript, order a copy of your official transcript. The ethical question and the downside risk of being caught make this seem like a no brainer. Dental schools don't typically want students and the dental profession to be filled with shady characters.

Lol, I know, but he's not applying to dental so I said what the hey, lol

if he's not applying to dental schools, then why care if dental schools can see it?

...No, they can't. Not if he doesn't apply to dental schools.

I meant professional school all together...he wants to do pharmacy..it's not a big deal, he's not going to bother transferring, I told him people have bad grades on their transcript all the time, it's what they make of it that matters. Thanks anyways.

No matter where you apply, submit what is requested and be truthful.

That's to having a good conscience, and also knowing you got in on your own merits (flawed or otherwise)

Besides, the consequences of getting caught . . . not worth it!