1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I know this sounds paranoid, but...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by AF11, Dec 7, 2008.

1. AF11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#1 AF11, Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    No, I post my GPA, etc. I only have good things to say, however. If there were negative posts to your name, that's unfortunate. Also, I think they have too much to do instead of search SDN :thumbup:

4. left high n dry

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    according to my crystal ball, and magic eight ball..... it says youre screwed!!!!! j/k....... i think you're being a little paranoid........ everything is going to be okay, just hang in there and things will all fall into place, and how do i know this? i like to hang out with admission peoples daughters and they tell me everything.

5. Neuro178

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm so sorry. What a horrid thing for someone to do. No matter how mad I was at someone, I would never try to ruin their potential career. I hope you aren't friends with this person ever again!! :(

Could you send a message to a moderator asking them to delete the post? You should be able to go back to the thread and edit the info to delete the text at least...

6. Ninster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

+++

7. trident007

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Why don't you just go back and edit your posts.. replaced them with a period or "Message deleted - Account hacked".

If someone quoted your post.. unfortunately you can't get rid of that.. but at least it wouldn't show up as your post if someone did a search.

That is an unfortunate situation to be in. Ultimately I don't think it will affect your application, but I certainly understand wanting to go back and change the posts.

8. DrReo, I don't want to freak the OP out any more than he/she is, but some ADCOMM personnel do look at SDN. I have spkoen with a couple at my school who do look from time to time. Now, they do not spend a lot of time looking at things, but it is possible that they could run into a post that could link someone to an application if too much info is posted by a digruntled friend. Most of the time though they are just looking at SDN for the laughs - how people stress out about things, the bad info being passed around and what is being said about the school.

It is highly unlikely they will spend the time linking an applicant to a person here, BUT it is possible since they do visit the site.

9. AF11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#8 AF11, Dec 8, 2008
  10. Ask a mod to delete the quotes of your posts, just explain the situation and they will help you out.

11. ZenoVT

ZenoVT Power Ranger
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

12. supraman

supraman Boston Celtics
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Was your name bebeXX ?

13. AF11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#12 AF11, Dec 8, 2008
  14. AF11

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#13 AF11, Dec 8, 2008
  15. dentalmagnet

2+ Year Member

;

#14 dentalmagnet, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  16. drUNC

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think it's going to be alright. The likelihood of an admissions committee member seeing one, two, or even several posts out of thousands is small. Furthermore, the likelihood of them looking at your predents page, remembering your school, GPAs, residence, and extracurricular activities and then linking them to an application seen at a meeting is infinitesimally small. And, even if they managed to do all that, it's not exactly conclusive.