I know this sounds paranoid, but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AF11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
so here's the deal. It recently came to my attention that a fellow pre-health colleague was able to access my computer and gain access to my SDN account. She then proceeded to post personal information (information I would rather not share online) on SDN about me as a person and my application. She also wrote several statements whilst pretending to be me that would really present me in a bad light to admissions officers (I know they frequent this site ). I will not discuss the nature of this information, nor the forum in which it was discussed, as enough damage has already been caused. This was a person I thought I could trust, but when things started turning sour, she resorted to this. Therefore, I ask the SDN community at large; with admissions officers being able to see my exact GPA, undergraduate institution, and state residence, will any information posted under my SDN username harm my application in any way? I suppose it would be relatively easy to identify me as an applicant if an adcom was really looking. I realize that I was an idiot for trusting this individual, and I am extremely angry at this point, but the productive thing to do right now is damage control, and I need to know where I am at. Thank you all.

No, I post my GPA, etc. I only have good things to say, however. If there were negative posts to your name, that's unfortunate. Also, I think they have too much to do instead of search SDN :thumbup:

according to my crystal ball, and magic eight ball..... it says youre screwed!!!!! j/k....... i think you're being a little paranoid........ everything is going to be okay, just hang in there and things will all fall into place, and how do i know this? i like to hang out with admission peoples daughters and they tell me everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so sorry. What a horrid thing for someone to do. No matter how mad I was at someone, I would never try to ruin their potential career. I hope you aren't friends with this person ever again!! :(

Could you send a message to a moderator asking them to delete the post? You should be able to go back to the thread and edit the info to delete the text at least...

No, I post my GPA, etc. I only have good things to say, however. If there were negative posts to your name, that's unfortunate. Also, I think they have too much to do instead of search SDN :thumbup:

+++

Why don't you just go back and edit your posts.. replaced them with a period or "Message deleted - Account hacked".

If someone quoted your post.. unfortunately you can't get rid of that.. but at least it wouldn't show up as your post if someone did a search.

That is an unfortunate situation to be in. Ultimately I don't think it will affect your application, but I certainly understand wanting to go back and change the posts.

DrReo, I don't want to freak the OP out any more than he/she is, but some ADCOMM personnel do look at SDN. I have spkoen with a couple at my school who do look from time to time. Now, they do not spend a lot of time looking at things, but it is possible that they could run into a post that could link someone to an application if too much info is posted by a digruntled friend. Most of the time though they are just looking at SDN for the laughs - how people stress out about things, the bad info being passed around and what is being said about the school.

It is highly unlikely they will spend the time linking an applicant to a person here, BUT it is possible since they do visit the site.

Last edited:
Ask a mod to delete the quotes of your posts, just explain the situation and they will help you out.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Was your name bebeXX ?

Last edited:

Last edited:
I think it's going to be alright. The likelihood of an admissions committee member seeing one, two, or even several posts out of thousands is small. Furthermore, the likelihood of them looking at your predents page, remembering your school, GPAs, residence, and extracurricular activities and then linking them to an application seen at a meeting is infinitesimally small. And, even if they managed to do all that, it's not exactly conclusive.