I love medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nothing like spending a night with trauma surgeons to really pump you up. It is an absolutely awesome feeling to know you will love your job:)

Yay for medicine:clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
and then you start your first year and hate every second of it.

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
:laugh: shhhhh SP.......all the pre med kiddies are all nice and idealistic/unjaded now. dont let them in on how it really is ;)

...and the hatred only becomes more intense during second year.... :p

Wow you're so optimistic compared to some med students that I know ;)

I love medicine too...especially vicodin. Mmmm, vicodin. :D

I'm laughing at this thread, but I don't know if I should be...:confused:

So did those of you with the 'you will hate it' outlook enter med school jaded by what tit had to offer? If you did, let us be! We will learn on our own!

Originally posted by basupran
So did those of you with the 'you will hate it' outlook enter med school jaded by what tit had to offer? If you did, let us be! We will learn on our own!

I think they're just trying to tell us not to fantasize and idealize what we'll get ourselves into...

rules of first year medical school:

there are NO shortcuts.

you WILL need to know everything.

rote memorization is NOT above you.

life "outside of medical school" only exists to "keep you sane" and thus is only done to help you IN medical school, and therefore there actually is NO life outside of medical school.

people who LOVE medical school are insane, don't listen to a single word they say.

first year medical school has nothing to with science, in so far as you consider "science" as the process of discovery, experimentation, and understanding.

Wow. I have yet to be jaded. Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong people in school.