I really need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedstudent395

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just graduated high school in May. During my last two years, I did dual enrollment full time and messed up my college gpa bad. I have like a 3.09 cumal. average.

I have 4 years ahead of me in regular undergrad. I am interested in applying to both MD and DO schools. What should I do? I understand the obvious answer is to get much better grades, but any tips or detailed advice would be appreciated. Is it too late to fix this?

Members don't see this ad.

It is not too late to fix this. Work hard, work smart, do your best, all that other stuff that old people tell you to do. The adcom will see your pre-HS graduation GPA separate from your college GPA and (here's hoping) there will be a strong upward trend. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I just graduated high school in May. During my last two years, I did dual enrollment full time and messed up my college gpa bad. I have like a 3.09 cumal. average.

I have 4 years ahead of me in regular undergrad. I am interested in applying to both MD and DO schools. What should I do? I understand the obvious answer is to get much better grades, but any tips or detailed advice would be appreciated. Is it too late to fix this?
just need that upward trend (much better than starting out with 3.9 now and getting 3.09 freshman year) ... sounds like you understand what mistake(s) were made early on which is great. Use that as motivation to annihilate UG. Lost site of what my dream was and I kinda screwed up my second semester as freshman, but it was a motivating wake up call for me. "If you want something, go get it. Period." - W.S.

Reactions: 1 user
Find out why you did poorly in your college classes, and start finding out what works for you and what does not. Your college will likely have student support services to help with study techniques... like you said, you still have four years left, plenty of time to get good grades and get into good MD schools

Reactions: 1 user