I still have nightmares about anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nowanmd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm 16 years out of medical school. I still remember how hard anatomy was for me. I never thought I would pass. I was terrified of the practicals- some how i did get through- just a note of encouragement for anyone feeling the same way I did.

Members don't see this ad.

lol i laughed when i read this headline! so true! i remember going to sleep after dissecting, and all I would dream about was whatever I just dissected. The brachial plexus was a tough week. haha. I am a visual person, so I loved lab and studying for practicals (as much as one can enjoy it, I suppose), but those weeks contained some of the worst sleep ever and some of the CREEPIEST dreams!

I'm 16 years out of medical school. I still remember how hard anatomy was for me. I never thought I would pass. I was terrified of the practicals- some how i did get through- just a note of encouragement for anyone feeling the same way I did.

Just out of curiosity, what field do you practice in?

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i laughed when i read this headline! so true! i remember going to sleep after dissecting, and all I would dream about was whatever I just dissected. The brachial plexus was a tough week. haha. I am a visual person, so I loved lab and studying for practicals (as much as one can enjoy it, I suppose), but those weeks contained some of the worst sleep ever and some of the CREEPIEST dreams!

Tough week? We did the brachial plexus in 1 day!! Well, this is only an 11 week anatomy/histo course. We just had an exam over the entire musculoskeletal system that took us 3 weeks to cover. Needless to say, I hate anatomy!

Tough week? We did the brachial plexus in 1 day!! Well, this is only an 11 week anatomy/histo course. We just had an exam over the entire musculoskeletal system that took us 3 weeks to cover. Needless to say, I hate anatomy!

Come back once you are taking anatomy in medical school...

I am in med school... I just haven't updated my SDN profile. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Haha sounds like I have one week up on him... Dang, so cut-throat already...

we did it in a 3 hour lab sesh. im just saying i had dreams about it all week. or nightmares, i suppose. haha

Thats not that bad at all! We have anatomy in under 7 weeks... :eek: