I still have nightmares about anatomy

Started by nowanmd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nowanmd

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm 16 years out of medical school. I still remember how hard anatomy was for me. I never thought I would pass. I was terrified of the practicals- some how i did get through- just a note of encouragement for anyone feeling the same way I did.
 
lol i laughed when i read this headline! so true! i remember going to sleep after dissecting, and all I would dream about was whatever I just dissected. The brachial plexus was a tough week. haha. I am a visual person, so I loved lab and studying for practicals (as much as one can enjoy it, I suppose), but those weeks contained some of the worst sleep ever and some of the CREEPIEST dreams!
 
I'm 16 years out of medical school. I still remember how hard anatomy was for me. I never thought I would pass. I was terrified of the practicals- some how i did get through- just a note of encouragement for anyone feeling the same way I did.

Just out of curiosity, what field do you practice in?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol i laughed when i read this headline! so true! i remember going to sleep after dissecting, and all I would dream about was whatever I just dissected. The brachial plexus was a tough week. haha. I am a visual person, so I loved lab and studying for practicals (as much as one can enjoy it, I suppose), but those weeks contained some of the worst sleep ever and some of the CREEPIEST dreams!

Tough week? We did the brachial plexus in 1 day!! Well, this is only an 11 week anatomy/histo course. We just had an exam over the entire musculoskeletal system that took us 3 weeks to cover. Needless to say, I hate anatomy!
 
Tough week? We did the brachial plexus in 1 day!! Well, this is only an 11 week anatomy/histo course. We just had an exam over the entire musculoskeletal system that took us 3 weeks to cover. Needless to say, I hate anatomy!

we did it in a 3 hour lab sesh. im just saying i had dreams about it all week. or nightmares, i suppose. haha
 
Tough week? We did the brachial plexus in 1 day!! Well, this is only an 11 week anatomy/histo course. We just had an exam over the entire musculoskeletal system that took us 3 weeks to cover. Needless to say, I hate anatomy!

Thats not that bad at all! We have anatomy in under 7 weeks... 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad