I too need help with decision making

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orchid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for reading and for keeping the thread on track.

I am trying to decide between Yeshiva University and Indiana University of Pennsylvania, both for a clinical PsyD.

The biggest advantage Yeshiva has is the location, but it's expensive. Indiana, on the other hand, has a great funding but it's rural and I don't think it has the same opportunities Yeshiva has to offer. As far as I know, both universities have a good reputation.

I want to get involved with research, but not as a main career path. But still, I want to get a good research training (just in case I change my mind or hate therapy).

From people who go to either program, I would like to hear your insights. I'll also be happy to hear anyone's advice on how to choose.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard that Yeshiva has a really questionable reputation - but that's all I know...

Just wondering, what opportunities do you feel that IUP lacks as opposed to Yeshiva?

I interviewed at IUP as well and it seemed like there were opportunities for research. The only downside for me really was the location.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, what opportunities do you feel that IUP lacks as opposed to Yeshiva?

Here I was actually referring to externships, just because it's a smaller place. In terms of research, I believe that IUP offers much more.

Will you be going there in the fall?

Here I was actually referring to externships, just because it's a smaller place. In terms of research, I believe that IUP offers much more.

Will you be going there in the fall?

I'm not sure yet... I'm still waiting to hear back from one other school that I interviewed at, but if that falls through I'd be happy going to IUP. I wasn't sure about it when I first applied, but the interview day really won me over. Let me know when you end up making your decision. Maybe we'll be classmates :)

IUP has a much better reputation. A lot of people on this forum have had some bad experiences with Yeshiva. BUT, are you a New Yorker? If so I am sure it would be very tough to leave. I'd go with IUP but you're lucky you have a decision to even make! Congrats!

Jon

IMHO, Take the one with funding. You don't need the debt hanging over your head!

Mark

Thanks everybody for your feedbacks.