"I will be attending _________ and turning down my acceptance(s) to _________" 2019-2020 edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
1575693129823.png

Figured some people already know where they're going, so here you go! Good job making it this far, future dentists! :highfive: The real challenge awaits....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
"I will be attending UK and turning down my acceptance(s) to UDM,ASDOH, MOSDOH, Touro, UNE, Midwestern Illinois and Creighton"

Reactions: 6 users
“I will be attending Iowa and turning down my acceptance to Utah.”

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate mod taking time to set this up, though I'm not sure what this accomplishes. Just seems like an invitation to gloat.

Reactions: 3 users
I appreciate mod taking time to set this up, though I'm not sure what this accomplishes. Just seems like an invitation to gloat.
I think this thread encourages people to decline the acceptances of schools they don’t want to go to, freeing up more spaces and speeding up the process. If I hadn’t received acceptances I’d want people to reject their spot my at top choice faster so I could potentially get an acceptance/off the waitlist.

We worked hard to get where we are. What’s wrong with a little gloating too? As long as it’s not mean spirited of course.

Reactions: 12 users
I think this thread encourages people to decline the acceptances of schools they don’t want to go to, freeing up more spaces and speeding up the process. If I hadn’t received acceptances I’d want people to reject their spot my at top choice faster so I could potentially get an acceptance/off the waitlist.

We worked hard to get where we are. What’s wrong with a little gloating too? As long as it’s not mean spirited of course.
couldn't have said it better myself!

Reactions: 1 users
There’s always that one salty person:yawn:

Reactions: 4 users
I'll be attending the University of Utah and turning down acceptances to University of Michigan, Ohio State, UThouston, Midwestern Az, and OHSU.

Go Utes

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be attending the University of Utah and turning down acceptances to University of Michigan, Ohio State, UThouston, Midwestern Az, and OHSU.
What made you choose Utah over Houston? Is it because it's closer to family?

I will be attending LECOM and turning down my acceptance to CWRU.

I will be attending the University of Kentucky and turning down acceptances at Boston University, New York University, University of Louisville and Nova Southeastern University

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending Temple and turning down Touro

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using SDN mobile

Turning down UTHSCSA (UT San Antonio) and attending Texas A&M COD.

I will be attending The Ohio State University and turned down acceptances to UNC, Colorado, Midwestern-IL, UCLA, Western, UCSF and Touro.

Reactions: 1 users
I will be attending Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and turned down acceptances to Case, Touro, Maryland, and UPenn

Attending Penn, turned down Columbia, VCU, Maryland, Colorado, Michigan, and Pitt

I will be attending Tufts and I have turned down OHSU and LLU.

I will be attending Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and turned down acceptances to Case, Touro, Maryland, and UPenn
Can you explain why you chose buffalo over Touro or Case?

Can you explain why you chose buffalo over Touro or Case?
I can imagine that the tuition is significantly cheaper. On top of that, Buffalo has a new sim lab (<4 years old) and they are remodeling their clinic.

I can imagine that the tuition is significantly cheaper. On top of that, Buffalo has a new sim lab (<4 years old) and they are remodeling their clinic.
Exactly what RuffDay said :) I'm in-state, so it would be crazy not to attend my in-state school and keep my student loans down as much as possible. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions!