I wrote a thank you e-mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I interviewed at my state school a little before Thanksgiving, and sent my interviewer a brief thank you e-mail a couple of days later (his e-mail address was on the business card he gave me). It went like this:

Dear Dr. X,

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to interview me on Tuesday, and was very impressed by XYZ school based on what I saw. Based on what I do know about it, it is at the top of my list of schools, and I was thrilled to receive an interview. I am looking forward to coming back for the tour, and enjoyed talking with you very much. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving today, and I hope to see you again soon!

sincerely,

Me

His business card also had his address, but I figured this would be the fastest way to send my thanks. Is this okay, or should I have sent a card? It's been almost 2 weeks since I've interviewed...would it be too late to send a card if need be?

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

oh yea i forgot to mention...i didn't get to go on the tour but they told me to come back and get one when i got a chance.

You shouldn't send a card at this point. You have already sent an e-mail, and sending a card would probably be overdoing it. I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the above posts. Your email should be good enough.

Good luck. :)

I agree with the above posts. Your email should be good enough.

Good luck. :)

(P.S. I don't know why :confused: , but I think I accidentally post the reply twice, and don't know how to delete the extra one. Sorry.)

trash can. that is where your thank you notes end up.