Iam done with my Boards CAN HELP U ALL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redroulette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After getting 88,i got my first interview call from boston
its been a hard long walk,BUT was worth it
Iam planning to help any one and everyone out there,it was a long process had no guidance.
if u guys wanna discuss any subject,we can do starting with wat to study ,to type of ques asked in each subject,the books to refer
Dental decks is not enough,its bull**** to think so.

Members don't see this ad.

Iam planning to help any one and everyone out there,it was a long process had no guidance.
if u guys wanna discuss any subject,we can do starting with wat to study ,to type of ques asked in each subject,the books to refer

pls can u tell me how did u prepare
which book is good
i am reading from first aid
thanks

hi congrats!!! well deserved!! can u help me i've taken nbde1 twice, and i want your advice on what to focus on,if you can reply to me with guidance i would highly appreciated it, i'm taking my exam 3-14-08 thank you sdental1

congratulations on your score! I was just wondering that if at minimum I only study the decks, would I be able to pass? Thanks for all your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations on your score! I was just wondering that if at minimum I only study the decks, would I be able to pass? Thanks for all your help!

THE HARD WAY
1.tons of released ques,i mean tons,all old ques are recycled maybe 40
2.Biochem do kaplan ,lipencort for collagen and basics like
dna library,pcr,restriction endoneuclease ,sangers reaction the whole works.BETTER STILL DO USMLE KAPLAN LECTURES
3.micro & path ...google all topics.

4.anat........head and neck..full body blood supply,nerve and lymp drainage,bone,nerve and muscle .HISTOLOGY.....BRS anatomy,nbde first aid.ACHLAND DVDS ARE TOO GOOD makes it so interesting and easy.
5.phsio ...USMLE lecture notes and dvd classroom lecture......hormones,receptors,muscle,nerve conduction,well all basics.
6.tooth morph wheelers very imp.every word.occlusion kaplan q bank.OKESON TMJ 30 QUES COME FROM TMJ AND MUSCLES OF MASTIGATION

THE EASY WAY JUST TO PASS
have decks in ur fingertips [i mean know them inside out,its not 3 or 4 times],ques bank all released from 1978 till today 2006
remembered ques till date
READ ALL THIS U WILL NOT FAIL

Congrats, I am really hoping I can score as high as your score! I am half way through the Kaplan main book and Dental decks. I was wondering whether it is better to read First aid along with my Kaplan book now or later in the REVISION! and according to your experience, are the 20 years old released exams as important? or I shall only do the recenet ones?

Thank you so much for your cooperation!

Hi this is annie
i'm a new starter for NBDE
can u please guide me in preparing for the exams
can u please mail me
my mail ID is [email protected]
i need your help
thank you

Last edited:

hey red,
when did u get ur score ? and when was was application complete?
I also got 88 , but got my score on 9th dec. I have forwarded my score to BU, do u think i can get a call too?Plz tell me because I am feeling nervous just sitting and thinking about -if its too late:eek:

do not discuss anything about remembered questions. You have been warned.

all the questios discussed here are nbde rememebered ques,and u are warning us
first regulate those ques in the forum
every ques is an unreleased ques.?
Do u know that?
All the ques in the forum
someone wants to help abt study pappetrn and u think u can warn us?
First control those ques in the forum
then warn some one who wants to help?

all the questios discussed here are nbde rememebered ques,and u are warning us
first regulate those ques in the forum
every ques is an unreleased ques.?
Do u know that?
All the ques in the forum
someone wants to help abt study pappetrn and u think u can warn us?
First control those ques in the forum
then warn some one who wants to help?

This thread is abt helping those who dont know wre to start
not abt remembered ques
this is abt study material and what to study
where to start,what schools to target,and how TO WIN

pls can u tell me how did u prepare
which book is good
i am reading from first aid
thanks

U NEED STRONG BASICS
I WOULD RECOMEND USMLE LECTURE NOTES FOR STARTERS
THEN BUILD IT UP WITH OKESON AND WHEELERS
TOP UP WITH THE ASDA BANK
EXTRAS WOULD INCLUDE
first aid,kaplan review [its too much for anat,too less for biochem physio]
guyton for endocrine esp insulin,glucagon and excretory
anat do upper limbs,
okeson for tmj

HEY GUYS NO PMs PLEASE

PEOPLE PLEASE WHO EVERY DONE WITH THIS EXAM NBDE 1, AND GOT A GOOD SCORE , CONGRADULATION , JUST LEAVE THIS FORUM PLEASE
THIS FORUM IS NOT (Grage Sale or ebay ).to sell your product.
What about if they close this site …are you gonna be happy.
..Let everybody use it as you did before , …Thanks
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
PEOPLE PLEASE WHO EVERY DONE WITH THIS EXAM NBDE 1, AND GOT A GOOD SCORE , CONGRADULATION , JUST LEAVE THIS FORUM PLEASE
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:[/quoTE

well this is to discuss study books,not to sell
if u want to contribute about ur study game plan
topics asked,where wat to study ,wre to start
for eg
Anat histology is good wre? USMLE LECTURE
ANAT HEAD A ND NECK ACHLAND VIDEO
EMBRYOLOGY USMLE DVD SECTION2
do not do CNS from usmle its not needed too vast.
upper limb Achland lecture notes too good
upper limb always asked in exam is abt subclavian artery all branches
biceps or scapula
will discuss upper limb in detail tom

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE
DONT KEEP ASKING FOR STUFF and if u are turned down ,
DONT BE SO SORE.
Thre is no free lunch in life

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

GROW UP krasnodar
U DO NOT PM PEOPLE ASK FOR STUFF AND SLING MUD ON THEM IF TURNED DOWN
U DONT OWN THIS FORUM........U DONT WANNA VISIT THIS THREAD THEN PLEASE DONT
IF U HAVE NOTHIN TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD THEN DONT
THIS THREAD IS MEANT FOR ALL,WHO are new and confused and want help,on a game plan not for question diggers and people who want free stuff.
IAM NOT SELLING NOR OUT HERE TO DISTRIBUTE STUDY MATERIAL

Congrats, I am really hoping I can score as high as your score! I am half way through the Kaplan main book and Dental decks. I was wondering whether it is better to read First aid along with my Kaplan book now or later in the REVISION! and according to your experience, are the 20 years old released exams as important? or I shall only do the recenet ones?

hey friend 40 ques do get repeated from old questions asda ones
they might be recycled,take the topic and know other aspects of the question.it does have have to be the same ques ditto.
Dental decks is compiled from old ques so its seems like they are important when actually not.
anyways will be posting topics from each subject and books startin soon

I don't know if anybody has used it, but if you have...do you think that the kaplan question bank is helpful? Are the questions similar to board questions or are they completely different? I just don't to waste a lot of time doing them if they won't really help that much. Thanks.

I don't know if anybody has used it, but if you have...do you think that the kaplan question bank is helpful? Are the questions similar to board questions or are they completely different? I just don't to waste a lot of time doing them if they won't really help that much. Thanks.

KAPLAN Q BANK IS a waste for part 1 ,but for perhaps,DA
it is on a higher level which is not needed
BUT FOR NBDE PART2 THE KAPLAN Q BANK IS MOST USEFULL

please can u tell me the full name of that book--Okeson?
is it the managemnet of TMJ disorder and occlusion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrates,you finally made it.I really envy you.I am still struggling to make it .I have a question for you.When you were preparing for the nbde 1,what textbooks did you use?Is kaplan review and dental decks all that sufficient?Also did you have a job when you where preparing for nbde1.For me apart from my studies,i got to pay bills,so i work in a nursing home and that kind of makes me tired.Should i stop working and concentrate on reading?I really want to know how to pass it this time as you did.Would appreciate any advice from you.Thanks.

Hi,anyone preparing for nbde part 1 in the Maryland area;especially in Silver spring,Rockville,Germantown,bethsda?I will like to share my ideas with a study partner.Thanks.

Congrates,you finally made it.I really envy you.I am still struggling to make it .I have a question for you.When you were preparing for the nbde 1,what textbooks did you use?Is kaplan review and dental decks all that sufficient?Also did you have a job when you where preparing for nbde1.For me apart from my studies,i got to pay bills,so i work in a nursing home and that kind of makes me tired.Should i stop working and concentrate on reading?I really want to know how to pass it this time as you did.Would appreciate any advice from you.Thanks.

Life is not easy my friend,but remember tough times dont last tough people do.
if u can sit at home for 2 months,u will crack the exam and get on with being a dentist here.
Dental decks can help u pass,if thats wht u are looking at
if u want 85 plus u need to do more
we are discussing the best possible books and studyin patterns in this thread

Can u give me ISBN no of the book okeson?
if anyone knows, please tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi congrats!!! well deserved!! can u help me i've taken nbde1 twice, and i want your advice on what to focus on,if you can reply to me with guidance i would highly appreciated it, i'm taking my exam 3-14-08 thank you sdental1
Hi,don't give up.Its normal one has difficult times in life.Just pursue your preparation,you will make it.Wish you the best.What U.S state are you writing from?Do you have group study companions?

i need your help

,The contraction (Gaseous) porosity in inlays is related to

A. Overheating of the alloy
B. Molten gases
C. Diameter of the sprue
D. Overheating of investment

2,Where would you expect to find the Mylohyoid on relation to
periphery of complete denture

A. Mandibular buccal in the midline
B. Mandibular lingual in the midline
C. Mandibular disto buccal area

3,The first forming microbial elements of plaque are

A. Aerobic gram positive G+
B. Aerobic gram negative G-
C. Anaerobic gram negative G-
D. Spirochetes
E. Anaerobic gram positive G+

4,Sensitivity to hot and cold foods soon after cavity
preparation and placement of GIC and composite resin in an
upper incisor tooth is due to?

A. Mechanical trauma due to cavity preparation
B. Chemical
C. Heat from GIC

,The contraction (Gaseous) porosity in inlays is related to

A. Overheating of the alloy
B. Molten gases
C. Diameter of the sprue
D. Overheating of investment

2,Where would you expect to find the Mylohyoid on relation to
periphery of complete denture

A. Mandibular buccal in the midline
B. Mandibular lingual in the midline
C. Mandibular disto buccal area

3,The first forming microbial elements of plaque are

A. Aerobic gram positive G+--------answer but not sure
B. Aerobic gram negative G-
C. Anaerobic gram negative G-
D. Spirochetes
E. Anaerobic gram positive G+

4,Sensitivity to hot and cold foods soon after cavity
preparation and placement of GIC and composite resin in an
upper incisor tooth is due to?

A. Mechanical trauma due to cavity preparation
B. Chemical
C. Heat from GIC

pls if u have post the answers.

U NEED STRONG BASICS
EXTRAS WOULD INCLUDE
anat do upper limbs,
okeson for tmj

HEY GUYS NO PMs PLEASE

Where can I get those materials? Do you have electronic version? I am out of US and has so little resource and information.

do you have a copy of the okeson tmj . also the tape you mentioned .please let me know

U NEED STRONG BASICS
EXTRAS WOULD INCLUDE
anat do upper limbs,
okeson for tmj

HEY GUYS NO PMs PLEASE

Hey I was wondering if you could tell me which chapters in Okeson are most useful for the boards? i would really appreciate it.

hey congrats!! can u please help me in my preparation !!

Hey I was wondering if you could tell me which chapters in Okeson are most useful for the boards? i would really appreciate it.

functional anatomy is the best place to start
muscles of mastigation...action,inserton and attachment
tmj disorders ,mand movements
there are 30 ques which are asked from here.
the questions are not hard if u understand them,
i suggest srt with structural anatomy of TMJ every inch with muscle insertiona and actions ,then move on to disorders,occlusal theraph

functional anatomy is the best place to start
muscles of mastigation...action,inserton and attachment
tmj disorders ,mand movements
there are 30 ques which are asked from here.
the questions are not hard if u understand them,
i suggest srt with structural anatomy of TMJ every inch with muscle insertiona and actions ,then move on to disorders,occlusal theraph

Thanks alot.

this is really great help. appreciate ur good work for guiding everyone n giving ur time .. thanx a lott ...

U NEED STRONG BASICS
EXTRAS WOULD INCLUDE
anat do upper limbs,
okeson for tmj

HEY GUYS NO PMs PLEASE

Hey thanx a lot, what you are doing is a big help.
I have already read kaplan review once, I am about to re-read at least anatomic science and biochemistry that are my weakest subjects.
I also have USMLE kaplan lecture, but i have not read them yet, because i thought they are too much. What do you suggest? kaplan USMLE? or kaplan NBDE ?
Also, what do you suggest to study for patho section?

Hey thanx a lot, what you are doing is a big help.
I have already read kaplan review once, I am about to re-read at least anatomic science and biochemistry that are my weakest subjects.
I also have USMLE kaplan lecture, but i have not read them yet, because i thought they are too much. What do you suggest? kaplan USMLE? or kaplan NBDE ?
Also, what do you suggest to study for patho section?

Kaplan usmle histology is too good and u get20-25 ques from histology
do head and neck from this imp ant ,post triangle
,embry the first 4 chapters
skip the last section on neuroanatomy not needed,just do ANS
as also the section on hernia...avoid
do upper limb ,muscles ,blood supply from BRS or usmle
and finally portal circulation,CSF,carotid ,abdom aorta and suclavian artery with branches in detail,contents of mediastinum.
u are now assured of 85 plus
Good Luck

congrats redroulette, i feel u r very helpful, i gave the exam recently and didnt score well, really got to improve the score next time, how many months did it take u to prepare ? really struggling with biochem and ana. now very confused as to how to start again, and what all to refer, i have USMLE notes, decks, kap review and old qs, 1st aid. really confused which topic to do from which book ? which do u think is better to start with ?plzzz suggest me.

congrats redroulette, i feel u r very helpful, i gave the exam recently and didnt score well, really got to improve the score next time, how many months did it take u to prepare ? really struggling with biochem and ana. now very confused as to how to start again, and what all to refer, i have USMLE notes, decks, kap review and old qs, 1st aid. really confused which topic to do from which book ? which do u think is better to start with ?plzzz suggest me.
3 months are more than enough for retaking,u cannot sustain the momentum more than that,8 hrs are cool and u can top it up to 10 during last 2 weeks
For biochem usmle lectures notes are good to start with ,if u can get hold of the lecture tapes nothing like it.
The disadvantage of usmle lecture notes is basics of fats ,carbohydrates and proteins not given in detail,u can do these 3 chapters from lipppencort
Cycles and mol biochem usmle tapes are good and understandable
1 week with lecture notes ,3 days for basics from lippencort and 1 week revision,u should be good in biochem.
lastly do the asda bank and decks for a review,4+4 hrs one day should be enough.
Good Luck.

look into sangers dna tecn

Hi red,

My deepest Congrats !!! I have done my NBDE I on december 9, 2008..my study materials were: decks (i only read it once), kaplan lecture notes and video and 3 latest released exam. could you pls advice me on how to do good next time

Last edited:
Hi red,

My deepest Congrats !!! I have done my NBDE I on december 9, 2008 and got 72..my study materials were: decks (i only read it once), kaplan lecture notes and video and 3 latest released exam. I have to do it again. could you pls advice me on how to do good next time..i am really depressed..:(:(

Hi
you seem to have all the material to get high score,maybe the effort was missing,anyways dont be depressed, start again 3 months effort...
since u have the videos,i suggest u srt with them maybe biochem and anatomy for srts,and correlate with the lecture notes.
do the ques at the end of each lecture.
revise decks and q bank everyday for 3 hrs and study full time.

Can anyone tell me the way to obtain those kaplan videos without registering the course at Kaplan? Did you guys obtain these mentioned videos online or sth ? Thanks .

Chk ebay ,torrents iam sure u will find them.

Hi redroulette,

I have a month left in my exam and i m going crazy have lots to do still... please help me. how shd i go about managing my time.
Really need some advice..