Ideas for an outpatient ortho/neuro rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sairsea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have five weeks left of my first internship and am racking my brain for ideas on an inservice. It's ortho with some neuro patients, so the topics I can choose from are pretty open. They use the FMS and SFMA philosophy a lot in their practice, too.
I was thinking of doing it on breathing techniques and research but am looking for other topics, as well.
Anyone have any ideas or good resources for breathing techniques?

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

read Explain Pain by Moseley and Butler - too many people haven't read this and therefore do not treat pain well because they don't understand it. it would probably be an inservice that would actually teach somebody something which is much appreciated.

read Explain Pain by Moseley and Butler - too many people haven't read this and therefore do not treat pain well because they don't understand it. it would probably be an inservice that would actually teach somebody something which is much appreciated.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the OP tells them that pain is caused by the brain creating a pain output. My best guess as to their response: *pulling heads out of sand*"Nope. Pain is cauesd by getting a score of 14 or less on the FMS."*planting heads firmly back in sand*

Reactions: 2 users
some people chronically have sand coming out of their noses and ears from living with their heads below ground. check sometime, its fun.

Reactions: 1 user