If I just received my horribly disappointing MCAT score (already submitted this cycle), am I able to

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
I hope others of us who have less than sub par mcats can show the haters that 1 test doesn't determine your future. Good luck to everyone!

Not haters, but rather disbelievers
Nobody is a hater. Your MCAT score has no relevance to what kind of doctor you will be. But having a lower score significantly impacts your chances of getting accepted and so advice should be given accordingly. If we didn't do that we would be doing a disservice to those asking what their chances are. Underdog stories are great, but they are not the norm.

Lawper

Cat-box cycle
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
space chat
forums.studentdoctor.net
About the Ads
Jan 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Nobody is a hater. Your MCAT score has no relevance to what kind of doctor you will be. But having a lower score significantly impacts your chances of getting accepted and so advice should be given accordingly. If we didn't do that we would be doing a disservice to those asking what their chances are. Underdog stories are great, but they are not the norm.
Yeah i totally get that and i thank everyone for all the advice you guys have given me. I was just rambling my own thoughts.

OP
willowyone

willowyone

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
This is very true. I appreciated the realism i got rather than only optimism in the advice from you guys. Luckily, some schools do look holistically at your app and if everything else is strong, a bad MCAT score is not an immediate death sentence. I do recognize that an early II and acceptance are not the norm in this case, however, so i am really grateful and ecstatic. :)

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
This is very true. I appreciated the realism i got rather than only optimism in the advice from you guys. Luckily, some schools do look holistically at your app and if everything else is strong, a bad MCAT score is not an immediate death sentence. I do recognize that an early II and acceptance are not the norm in this case, however, so i am really grateful and ecstatic. :)
And when it happens we actually are very happy and celebrate with you! Goodluck! :soexcited:

JB50

I'm really in I swear
2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2016
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Opie rekt med school logic. congrats!

I die at that "dafuq" pic everytime :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: willowyone
About the Ads