If I just received my horribly disappointing MCAT score (already submitted this cycle), am I able to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope others of us who have less than sub par mcats can show the haters that 1 test doesn't determine your future. Good luck to everyone!

Not haters, but rather disbelievers

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope others of us who have less than sub par mcats can show the haters that 1 test doesn't determine your future. Good luck to everyone!

Not haters, but rather disbelievers

Nobody is a hater. Your MCAT score has no relevance to what kind of doctor you will be. But having a lower score significantly impacts your chances of getting accepted and so advice should be given accordingly. If we didn't do that we would be doing a disservice to those asking what their chances are. Underdog stories are great, but they are not the norm.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody is a hater. Your MCAT score has no relevance to what kind of doctor you will be. But having a lower score significantly impacts your chances of getting accepted and so advice should be given accordingly. If we didn't do that we would be doing a disservice to those asking what their chances are. Underdog stories are great, but they are not the norm.

Yeah i totally get that and i thank everyone for all the advice you guys have given me. I was just rambling my own thoughts.

Great, so glad that it was encouraging to you! I did not retake it; Rowan accepted me with the 499. I'd be happy to talk to you more about my experience - feel free to PM me.

How long did it take to get an II since you submitted your secondary?

This is very true. I appreciated the realism i got rather than only optimism in the advice from you guys. Luckily, some schools do look holistically at your app and if everything else is strong, a bad MCAT score is not an immediate death sentence. I do recognize that an early II and acceptance are not the norm in this case, however, so i am really grateful and ecstatic. :)

This is very true. I appreciated the realism i got rather than only optimism in the advice from you guys. Luckily, some schools do look holistically at your app and if everything else is strong, a bad MCAT score is not an immediate death sentence. I do recognize that an early II and acceptance are not the norm in this case, however, so i am really grateful and ecstatic. :)

And when it happens we actually are very happy and celebrate with you! Goodluck! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Opie rekt med school logic. congrats!

I die at that "dafuq" pic everytime :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 1 user