If submitting in June, /approximately/ when will interviews be sent out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nolee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to plan a trip out of the country sometime this year, and don't want the two events to overlap. Does anyone have an approximate idea of when interviews are sent out? I understand that all schools run on different calendars but a general estimate would be fantastic. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Mid-July through about March. This time frame captures just about all schools. If you are applying early, you may receive all your invites and be done with all your interviews by December.

I need to plan a trip out of the country sometime this year, and don't want the two events to overlap. Does anyone have an approximate idea of when interviews are sent out? I understand that all schools run on different calendars but a general estimate would be fantastic. Thanks so much!

The invitation season stretches for months and there is no set time of when you receive an interview based on your submission date. I submitted in late June and had II's come in August, September, October, December, January and March. A pain in the neck for me as I was stationed in Korea at the time. A couple I was unable to attend as due to time off/financial considerations, but the schools were still accommodating for the ones I did attend.

As long as the trip isn't longer than a month or so, for most schools you can accept the interview invite and then schedule them based on your availability. Very few are completely inflexible as far as the dates if you need to postpone to a later date.

Members don't see this ad :)
June/July or after March would be safe.

Thanks so much guys! Unfortunately it'll have to be longer than a month, since it's an internship in Switzerland....bah. I imagine the cost of flying back and forth will be tremendous. =(

Thank you all again though, super helpful info as always!