"If you don't have an interview invitation by Thanksgiving, you're in trouble"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That the rich get richer brings no hope to the poor.
Meh, neither does continuously posting ''you're all ****ed''.

Again, not everyone in this thread has zero II's and I never meant to imply that someone who hasn't heard back from any school at this point should stop solidifying a Plan B. I'm glad that schools are still giving applicants second looks at this point and extending interview invitations to people they passed on earlier. I get that sometimes the hard truth is helpful, but sometimes a small dose of optimism is too.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Humble brag: I have 4+ acceptances multiple IIs and scholarships being offered already but I got a II over thanksgiving. There's still hope guys!

Optimism: I sent out 30 apps back in July and hadnt heard anything back till thanksgiving. There's still hope guys!

Perspective. Just my humble opinion...

Reactions: 5 users
Humble brag: I have 4+ acceptances multiple IIs and scholarships being offered already but I got a II over thanksgiving. There's still hope guys!

Optimism: I sent out 30 apps back in July and hadnt heard anything back till thanksgiving. There's still hope guys!

Perspective. Just my humble opinion...
You sound so salty. Let it go, seriously. There was nothing in my post that even came close to a humble brag. That wasn't even close to what I said. All I said was that I just heard back from two schools that had passed on my application in July, so maybe good news is yet to come for some of the posters in this thread.

But okay, let's continue to be bitter dinguses and jump down the throat of anyone who tries to be supportive :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You sound so salty. Let it go, seriously. There was nothing in my post that even came close to a humble brag. That wasn't even close to what I said. All I said was that I just heard back from two schools that had passed on my application in July, so maybe good news is yet to come for some of the posters in this thread.

But okay, let's continue to be bitter dinguses and jump down the throat of anyone who tries to be supportive :rolleyes:

Lol sweety there is no salt. I was simply agreeing with LizzyM. People on this website are so self absorbed that they don't even realize how they can make others feel. Do you really think you relate well with people who haven't had one II this entire season just because you heard back from schools you applied to in July? Lol. I understand, you meant well, but like I said it's perspective. If you want to be catty then I'll be frank: To others you sound like a snob and this is not the first time. Reflect and grow.

Last edited:
Lol sweety there is no salt. I was simply agreeing with LizzyM. People on this website are so self absorbed that they don't even realize how they can make others feel. Do you really think you relate well with people who haven't had one II this entire season just because you heard back from schools you applied to in July? Lol. I understand, you meant well, but like I said it's perspective. If you want to be catty then I'll be frank: To others you sound like a snob and this is not the first time. Reflect and grow.
Salty.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm lost. I thought it was clear that @LizzyM rule was referring to people who had no IIs by Thanksgiving were in a bad shape. Looks like a pretty good heuristic to me.

Last edited:
Refers to someone as 'sweety', then suggests the other has been catty.

#Perspective

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, this entire page thus far is a ball of salt, backhanded comments, and overall pathetic to read. Stop bickering and ignore one another.

Reactions: 6 users
I feel like hope is a swear word on this site sometimes.

People say something they think is positive, others pounce to say it's not representative of a normal situation. And in most of the instances, I think people knew that.

Finding hope is not the same thing as an assurance.

Here, someone posts something they think is hopeful and people think they're being snotty. I didn't take it as a brag. clearly the situation brought affiche some peace, which it wouldn't have if they felt assured.

And, I'm all for that. Even if it doesn't help me.

Members don't see this ad :)
easy for you to say on top of your pile of acceptances.
Easy for me to say because I'm not going off on people for trying to be encouraging.

This is outrageous. I didn't post a single thing about my early success in this cycle for a reason. Someone else dug up my post history and posted about it out of bitterness. I'm not going to apologize for having success early on the cycle, or for trying to spread some optimism in one of the most cynical threads on the forum.

humble brags + disappointed people makes for an angry thread
Fair enough if I was bragging. Other posters brought up the success I had early on, not me.

Easy for me to say because I'm not going off on people for trying to be encouraging.

This is outrageous. I didn't post a single thing about my early success in this cycle for a reason. Someone else dug up my post history and posted about it out of bitterness. I'm not going to apologize for having success early on the cycle, or for trying to spread some optimism in one of the most cynical threads on the forum.
I wouldn't mind her, I have gotten a similar response before lol

Reactions: 1 user
Woaaaaah. :grumpy:

Anyway, I think it's comforting for people to commiserate with each other. But those "I don't have single interview invite" threads get pretty off-putting when it turns into a "I got an interview invite, don't worry" threads. Telling people not to worry when they have every reason to worry can be seen as insensitive.

So for those who haven't gotten interview invites yet pre thanksgiving, keep working on your app. Try and get an update letter in. You won't feel safe when people tell you "not to worry". You'll feel safe when you already have everything prepared for a contingency plan.

Woaaaaah. :grumpy:

Anyway, I think it's comforting for people to commiserate with each other. But those "I don't have single interview invite" threads get pretty off-putting when it turns into a "I got an interview invite, don't worry" threads. Telling people not to worry when they have every reason to worry can be seen as insensitive.

So for those who haven't gotten interview invites yet pre thanksgiving, keep working on your app. Try and get an update letter in. You won't feel safe when people tell you "not to worry". You'll feel safe when you already have everything prepared for a contingency plan.
lol who said not to worry?

settle down people, I think we all agree with LizzyM that having a back up plan is the best route. Those of us who are fortunate enough to not be in this position can maybe stop trying to be helpful because we are not

Reactions: 9 users
You guys haven't seen real humble brag. "Oh lol I'm so screwed, sitting on 10 acceptances and having to follow 9 of them up with apology letters to all the M4s that I've made connections with at open house and promised I would attend as their protege!"

Reactions: 4 users
I withdrew from an Ivy that offered me an II because I received a full-tuition scholarship from a lower-ranked school. I know a lot of people on SDN would shake their heads at that, but I'll be the one paying off the loans later. In my opinion, you should go to the cheapest school that you will do well at. In other words, if you have a substantially cheaper option that you think has a fine curriculum, pursue it and don't look back. The financial freedom that a low burden of loans offers trumps prestige for me every time.

So I normally wouldn't post in this thread because I've completely lucked out with three interviews so far. Anyway, I went back in your history and saw that you received multiple IIs early in the season, including to upper-tier schools, in addition to several acceptances and a full-tuition scholarship. You're obviously a great applicant, and I'm sure you'll make a great doctor one day!

Anyway, you might've noticed from the title that this thread is for those who haven't gotten any interviews as of Thanksgiving this year. This thread was created to help those people vent in a space of understanding and vulnerability so that they can put their best foot forward for any upcoming interviews/cycles. Given your extraordinarily successful cycle so far, and because part of being a physician entails displaying social awareness, please understand when the people here really do not want to hear about your continued success. Best wishes in all your endeavors!

Last edited:
So I normally wouldn't post in this thread because I've completely lucked out with three interviews so far. Anyway, I went back in your history and saw that you received multiple IIs early in the season, including to upper-tier schools, in addition to several acceptances and a full-tuition scholarship. You're obviously a great applicant, and I'm sure you'll make a great doctor one day!

Anyway, you might've noticed from the title that this thread is for those who haven't gotten any interviews as of Thanksgiving this year. This thread was created to help those people vent in a space of understanding and vulnerability so that they can put their best foot forward for any upcoming interviews/cycles. Given your extraordinarily successful cycle so far, and because part of being a physician entails displaying social awareness, please understand when the people here really do not want to hear about your continued success. Best wishes in all your endeavors!
Everyone needs to relax. Her intentions were good, imo, and even if they weren't, what's the point of going on and on?

Chill, people.

I received my first MD II on December 10 at an in-state school following a cycle of 9 rejections. I feel lucky and will make the most of it.

Reactions: 7 users

this thread wasn't created as a safe space for people with no success to panic. If you read the first post, OP is asking about the relevance of a LizzyM quote. OP asked a specific question. There is an official no interview and a panic thread for the discussion you are talking about. People with success aren't barred from posting here, that was never the intent of the thread. just so you understand.

holds/deferred decisions at both of the schools I have interviewed at so far. starting to run out of options and feeling pretty hopeless! smh. hope everyone gets better news soon!

Hope you get good news soon. I love your avatar though, the Shins are amazing! I wish I could see them in concert.