1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

illinois application/interview stats

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by anc84, Apr 8, 2007.

1. anc84

5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    "In this admissions cycle, we received 921 applications: 220 from Illinois residents, and 701 from non-residents. From these we invited 137 residents and 192 non-residents to interview."

Now I'm interested in the final numbers of acceptances offered and of those, what the final make-up of the class will be. I think 80-85 seats are offered to residents and about 50 to non-residents.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cyrille104

2+ Year Member

I think they said they expect 20-25 nonresidents and accept 4 times that many because statistically only 1 in 4 nonresidents accept their offer.

4. WiBe84

WiBe84 UIUC CVM Class of 2011:-D

Veterinary Student
    Yes, that is about right. During the information session they said 133 residents and 144 non-residents showed up for the interview day, which would be cut down to 85 resident acceptance letters and 80 non-resident acceptance letters. The target class size is 115 students.

I think those numbers are right... that's what I wrote down :)

5. twh11

twh11 ISU CVM Class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I believe those are the same numbers I got.