illinois application/interview stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anc84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"In this admissions cycle, we received 921 applications: 220 from Illinois residents, and 701 from non-residents. From these we invited 137 residents and 192 non-residents to interview."

Now I'm interested in the final numbers of acceptances offered and of those, what the final make-up of the class will be. I think 80-85 seats are offered to residents and about 50 to non-residents.

Members don't see this ad.

"In this admissions cycle, we received 921 applications: 220 from Illinois residents, and 701 from non-residents. From these we invited 137 residents and 192 non-residents to interview."

Now I'm interested in the final numbers of acceptances offered and of those, what the final make-up of the class will be. I think 80-85 seats are offered to residents and about 50 to non-residents.

I think they said they expect 20-25 nonresidents and accept 4 times that many because statistically only 1 in 4 nonresidents accept their offer.

I think they said they expect 20-25 nonresidents and accept 4 times that many because statistically only 1 in 4 nonresidents accept their offer.

Yes, that is about right. During the information session they said 133 residents and 144 non-residents showed up for the interview day, which would be cut down to 85 resident acceptance letters and 80 non-resident acceptance letters. The target class size is 115 students.

I think those numbers are right... that's what I wrote down :)

Yes, that is about right. During the information session they said 133 residents and 144 non-residents showed up for the interview day, which would be cut down to 85 resident acceptance letters and 80 non-resident acceptance letters. The target class size is 115 students.

I think those numbers are right... that's what I wrote down :)

I believe those are the same numbers I got.