You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
gobears2022
WSU c/o 2029
OOS acceptance 🙂
OOS acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS acceptance!
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
IS ACCEPTANCE!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR EVERYONE. I HAVE DREAMED OF THIS MOMENT SINCE I WAS 14 YEARS OLD.
0possumTime
Full Member
OOS acceptance!
PresentsforADR
Full Member
OOS acceptance!
IS acceptance!! I am feeling all the feelings right now
IS ACCEPTANCE!
Congrats all!
They have not in the past that I'm aware of.Does anyone know if Illinois hosts an accepted students day on campus?
dog_lover19
New Member
how high are the chances of getting off the waitlist for an OOS applicant? 🫠
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dog_lover19
New Member
Also if they do contact you to offer a spot, do they only start doing it after April 15th or is there a chance to hear before then?
guineapiglover
Full Member
OOS acceptance!! I’m shocked because I did HORRENDOUS in my interview but I’m so grateful 🥹
I could definitely be wrong, so someone please correct me. To answer both of your questions: OOS waitlist moves quicker then IS, but it honestly depends if those accepted get an offer to somewhere they'd rather prefer which makes predicting waitlist movement hard. If they do offer you a spot, it would most likely be after the April deadline, but I have heard a few occasions where the school receives enough rejections that they offer before but I wouldn't bank on that and try to ignore it until April or if able to just ignore it all together if your like me and don't want to get your hopes high. I know waitlist suck and its easy to look at it as a glass half empty situation but at least it means you were qualified even in a cycle full of qualified applicants!Also if they do contact you to offer a spot, do they only start doing it after April 15th or is there a chance to hear before then?
how high are the chances of getting off the waitlist for an OOS applicant? 🫠
Entirely depends on the year and the accepted students. For the class of 2020, no one was accepted off the wait list as that was the year they over accepted by a huge margin. Since they've been extreme careful as they got in hot water for this. For class of 2021, one of my besties was accepted on July 4.
Also if they do contact you to offer a spot, do they only start doing it after April 15th or is there a chance to hear before then?
Again, depends. Would not rely on it to happen prior to April deadline.
No, unless they decide to switch it up this year. You can always book a tour.Does anyone know if Illinois hosts an accepted students day on campus?
A Facebook page will be made sometime after the school year ends by your class rep. You'll be able to see most of the people in your class then, and someone in your class can make a GroupMe at that point.OOS acceptance!!! So when are we making a group chat lol
OOS acceptance!!!!!!! I cannot believe it, my cycle has finally come to an end!!!!!!!!
Generally after the deadline unless they have had so many declines that they expect to not fill the class with how many acceptances are still pending. I was from the OOS waitlist for 2022 and I know there were a handful from the waitlist my year. For co 2022, deposits had to be snail mailed in vs online and it had to be postmarked by the deadline so they did not start calling until 1 week after the deadline to account for mail transit time, but it seems to be within the first few days after the deadline they start calling since it’s now an online deposit.Also if they do contact you to offer a spot, do they only start doing it after April 15th or is there a chance to hear before then?
Does anyone know if they will truly rescind your acceptance for a prerequisite grade below C- ? Has anyone heard of someone getting in with one unacceptable grade?
They will absolutely rescind the acceptance. Below a C- is a D+, which is not acceptable as passing for a pre-requisite.
tennisandtails
New Member
Just to confirm cause I feel a little silly here. I don’t have to send in my transcript if I graduated prior to the VMCAS cycle? Like I graduated May 2023 so I don’t have any extra course work to show them
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
you actually do have to send them! VMCAS doesn’t forward the transcripts so you have to send all transcripts by 6/30/25. It shows where to send them on the matriculation sheet attached to the acceptance letterJust to confirm cause I feel a little silly here. I don’t have to send in my transcript if I graduated prior to the VMCAS cycle? Like I graduated May 2023 so I don’t have any extra course work to show them
Hi, I don't know if it helps at all but one of my coworkers was initially waitlisted but got accepted a week before classes started this fall. They had to deal with housing and everything very last minute but you never know.I could definitely be wrong, so someone please correct me. To answer both of your questions: OOS waitlist moves quicker then IS, but it honestly depends if those accepted get an offer to somewhere they'd rather prefer which makes predicting waitlist movement hard. If they do offer you a spot, it would most likely be after the April deadline, but I have heard a few occasions where the school receives enough rejections that they offer before but I wouldn't bank on that and try to ignore it until April or if able to just ignore it all together if your like me and don't want to get your hopes high. I know waitlist suck and its easy to look at it as a glass half empty situation but at least it means you were qualified even in a cycle full of qualified applicants!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tennisandtails
New Member
Thank you !you actually do have to send them! VMCAS doesn’t forward the transcripts so you have to send all transcripts by 6/30/25. It shows where to send them on the matriculation sheet attached to the acceptance letter
Hi guys! I just got accepted to UIUC vet school for the class of 2029!! I just started a group me for anyone who is accepted and wants to join and meet some of their future classmates!!
You're invited to my new group 'University of Illinois Vet 2029' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe - Join the group for University of Illinois Vet 2029 in Urbana, Illinois
You're invited to my new group 'University of Illinois Vet 2029' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe - Join the group for University of Illinois Vet 2029 in Urbana, Illinois
If i sent this past fall's transcripts to them by their february deadline, do I have to send them again? Also just freaking myself out but if one of my courses didn't satisfy a pre-req they would have told me right?you actually do have to send them! VMCAS doesn’t forward the transcripts so you have to send all transcripts by 6/30/25. It shows where to send them on the matriculation sheet attached to the acceptance letter
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
If you took any classes in the spring of 2025, then you have to send them again. If you graduated in the fall of 2024 and sent official transcripts in February already, I honestly don't know. I would reach out to the admissions office with those questions. Also, if a pre-req didn't satisfy their requirements, I feel they would have already told you. I was rejected pretty early on in the cycle from Michigan State because they didn't accept my biochemistry classes. But again, it is worth asking the admissions office to settle any nerves!If i sent this past fall's transcripts to them by their february deadline, do I have to send them again? Also just freaking myself out but if one of my courses didn't satisfy a pre-req they would have told me right?
If i sent this past fall's transcripts to them by their february deadline, do I have to send them again? Also just freaking myself out but if one of my courses didn't satisfy a pre-req they would have told me right?
You wouldn't have passed phase 1 if you were missing a pre-requisite
i-love-patrick-swayze
New Member
Hello! Congrats to everyone that was accepted! I was wondering if anyone was looking for roommates. I am looking for an apartment/house to rent with a budget of 500-900 dollars/ per person every month. I am pretty easy going and looking for someone who is ok with 2 cats (my cats are super sweet but a little shy). I am also looking for someone who identifies as female.
Yea, emailing them is always the best course of action if you aren't sure and/or are worried. That's what they're there for! I emailed them so many times during my application cycle because it's better to be safe than sorry.If you graduated in the fall of 2024 and sent official transcripts in February already, I honestly don't know. I would reach out to the admissions office with those questions.
ilovecats44
Purdue c/o 2029
i assume this info will be given on the student Q&A day (3/25)! it is on their websiteDoes anyone know when we will get more info like official COA, required materials, FASFA info, etc?
JFog
Full Member
i assume this info will be given on the student Q&A day (3/25)! it is on their website
Thank you!
If there are any current university of illinois vet students in this thread, could I message you some questions? Its nothing overly personal, but I have some questions regarding my situation that i would like a students perspective on
Does anyone know when we will get more info like official COA, required materials, FASFA info, etc?
Last year, we got all that info during the information sessions on interview day. I looked on the website and see the Q&A day thing, which is new. The itinerary gives you a little hint to what you'll learn about, financial aid and next steps being some of them. I'm curious, what did they talk about during the interview day info sessions? Dr. Foreman went into a lot of detail in his session last year.i assume this info will be given on the student Q&A day (3/25)! it is on their website
gobears2022
WSU c/o 2029
This year the information sessions on the interview days (or at least the two I attended) were all Q&A style with no prepared presentations on financial aid, etc.Last year, we got all that info during the information sessions on interview day. I looked on the website and see the Q&A day thing, which is new. The itinerary gives you a little hint to what you'll learn about, financial aid and next steps being some of them. I'm curious, what did they talk about during the interview day info sessions? Dr. Foreman went into a lot of detail in his session last year.
Huh. That's interesting. Not sure why they did it that way this year, hopefully it just means a more robust information session on the 25th. Based off the itinerary, it seems like that's the caseThis year the information sessions on the interview days (or at least the two I attended) were all Q&A style with no prepared presentations on financial aid, etc.
gobears2022
WSU c/o 2029
I hope so! I didn’t really get a lot out of the info sessions on interview day. I didn’t realize they would be solely Q&A so I didn’t prepare a lot of questions to ask aside from the ones I wanted to ask my interviewers. Hopefully the upcoming one has more structureHuh. That's interesting. Not sure why they did it that way this year, hopefully it just means a more robust information session on the 25th. Based off the itinerary, it seems like that's the case
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It looks like it does! It reminds me of the orientation setup, so I think you'll get what you're looking for out of it. Plus, there's always this threadI hope so! I didn’t really get a lot out of the info sessions on interview day. I didn’t realize they would be solely Q&A so I didn’t prepare a lot of questions to ask aside from the ones I wanted to ask my interviewers. Hopefully the upcoming one has more structure
agamboa4188
New Member
Hey guys! OOS acceptance. Might sound like a dumb question but would submitting my fafsa form now be fine before officially accepting. I just wanna know what financial aid they're gonna offer and I'm still waiting on one more school's decision but don't wanna jump the gun before knowing the cost.
olivecantaloupe
Royal Dick Vet c/o 2029
Yes, you can fill out your FAFSA and put the codes of both schools down so they will both get your info! I think generally with FAFSA the earlier you can complete it, the better!Hey guys! OOS acceptance. Might sound like a dumb question but would submitting my fafsa form now be fine before officially accepting. I just wanna know what financial aid they're gonna offer and I'm still waiting on one more school's decision but don't wanna jump the gun before knowing the cost.
agamboa4188
New Member
Thank you!Yes, you can fill out your FAFSA and put the codes of both schools down so they will both get your info! I think generally with FAFSA the earlier you can complete it, the better!
Hey all! Now that I’m actually in, I’m trying to mentally prepare for the semester ahead. Is anyone able to give a quick day/week in the life of a first year vet student at UIUC? I know your time is split between lecture/lab most days, but is anyone able to give insight into what lab actually looks like? I’m coming from a background where my labs were all chemistry-esque if that makes sense (so do the experiment, get some yield, write a report, etc), but are these labs more practical/hands on experiences? Are any/all lectures recorded? Also curious what the transition into the first clinical quarter looks like and how to best prepare for and what a week of that looks like. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K