Illinois C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess I should email them then, since I have't gotten a yes or a no, even to my spam box lol
Mine was in my spam! I would definitely shoot them an email if you haven’t heard anything yet

Members don't see this ad.

OOS denied, confused as to why as well. Masters GPA was competitive. I'll have to call them on Monday

Rejected for OOS. Congrats to everyone who made it past stage 1!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y'all, I'm a recent grad with @battie

Like a few people have already mentioned, I'd be interested to see what cutoff they're looking at this year. It's certainly possible that this cycle is more competitive than previous. Congrats to those who made it past Phase 1 and best wishes to those who will be looking elsewhere! I'm mostly outside of school threads nowadays but happy to try answering any questions that pop up. Bats and Ski are usually faster than me ;)

Reactions: 1 users
OOS made it past phase 1! I’m sorry to those who didn’t make it past. It seems like this cycle schools have had an overwhelming amount of applicants that may have been more competitive that probably increased the minimum requirements

OOS continuing on to phase II. For those of you that got rejected, last year I got rejected from everywhere I applied OOS. Keep going, and use this year to strengthen your application. I personally retook a class I struggled in, finished my prerequisites, got more experience and am currently pursuing a masters. Don’t give up if this is what you really want to do in life- it may take you a little longer, but you will get there!

Oos passed phase 1! Second time applying to schools, 1st time Illinois

yeah honestly I wasn't expecting to get cut off academically from my schools. Like I thought I'd get past the first round and be rejected later. OOS 3.56 overall, 3.8 last 45, 3.7 science, and graduated with honors in my major. currently making straight As in my MS degree. Guess it was a strong pool this year! So proud of and happy for those who moved on, best of luck!

(also does anyone know if they do file review or something?)

Reactions: 3 users
yeah honestly I wasn't expecting to get cut off academically from my schools. Like I thought I'd get past the first round and be rejected later. OOS 3.56 overall, 3.8 last 45, 3.7 science, and graduated with honors in my major. currently making straight As in my MS degree. Guess it was a strong pool this year! So proud of and happy for those who moved on, best of luck!

(also does anyone know if they do file review or something?)
Those stats are awesome. I cannot imagine how a school wouldn't want to read your file. Better luck on the other applications!

For anyone that's rejected/waitlisted somewhere along this ride, I encourage you to set up an appointment with ASA to discuss your application after signing day in April. It's the only way to know the school's perspective and how to improve if you need to reapply next cycle.

Also keep in mind that when you submitted your application has 0 baring on illinois's admissions process.

also does anyone know if they do file review or something?

Those stats are awesome. I cannot imagine how a school wouldn't want to read your file. Better luck on the other applications!
Thanks! I also someone who got the "rejected based on academics" email but had an overall GPA of 3.7 I was completely taken aback. I think it may be the way VMCAS calculated my GPA honestly, it always seems to be lower than when my advisors help me calculate stuff!

Just heard back from the admissions office, turns out they were trying to send me the email but it kept bouncing back? Not sure why it was doing that, but they told me I passed phase I OOS!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just heard back from the admissions office, turns out they were trying to send me the email but it kept bouncing back? Not sure why it was doing that, but they told me I passed phase I OOS!

Yay congrats!

If you haven't already, I would check that the email they had on file was correct, bc if there's a problem with the email you entered on VMCAS that could be an issue for other schools too.

Yay congrats!

If you haven't already, I would check that the email they had on file was correct, bc if there's a problem with the email you entered on VMCAS that could be an issue for other schools too.
They were sending it to the right email, but I guess the difficulty was that they were sending it through WebAdmit? Which is weird because I've received other emails from other schools via Webadmit with no issues. I'll make sure to email the two schools I have yet to hear from about it though!

I called today and just received a call back from admissions. They said that the average GPA for those that made it past phase 1 was a 3.75 and the average science GPA was a 3.71. They also said that there were over 2400 applications and they said it was 1000 more than normal. So super competitive!! Congratulations to those that made the cut and good luck!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I called today and just received a call back from admissions. They said that the average GPA for those that made it past phase 1 was a 3.75 and the average science GPA was a 3.71. They also said that there were over 2400 applications and they said it was 1000 more than normal. So super competitive!! Congratulations to those that made the cut and good luck!!
I made it past phase 1 OOS, but my cumulative GPA is a 3.69 and my science is a 3.6. Unless they calculated them differently than VMCAS? I know they said average, but it sounds like I barely made it past by the skin of my teeth!

I made it past phase 1 OOS, but my cumulative GPA is a 3.69 and my science is a 3.6. Unless they calculated them differently than VMCAS? I know they said average, but it sounds like I barely made it past by the skin of my teeth!

Me too! I applied with a 3.79 cumulative and 3.77 science
Remember that average means 50% of people were below and above that mark. I had a 3.33 cGPA and I believe the average for my original class was a 3.6.

I imagine some of the applicants had a 4.0. That's gotta be balanced out some how.

Hello, does anybody know when are Fall 2021 credit transcripts are due? I have written down that transcripts are due on Feb. 1, 2022 but I can't seem to find where I saw that information.
Thank you in advance!

hello... OOS 1st time ...passed phase 1... IS WI .... sGPA 3.911, cGPA 3.892, last 45 3.980, this is brutal! good luck to everyone !

Last edited:
Hello, does anybody know when are Fall 2021 credit transcripts are due? I have written down that transcripts are due on Feb. 1, 2022 but I can't seem to find where I saw that information.
Thank you in advance!
Does anyone know if we need to send fall transcripts?

It says on that page that fall transcripts should be mailed, does anybody know if there is an email that we can send them to? Most of the other schools that I have applied to have an email that transcripts can be sent to, so I was just wondering if that is the case for Illinois as well?
call ASA and see if they accept them emailed since they specify to mail them.

Does anyone have an idea on when we will hear about interviews?

Phase 3 (interview) emails go out mid to late January.

Interview day is always Presidents Day.

Acceptance/waitlist letters (everyone who gets an interview is either waitlisted or accepted) are sent late February to early March.

Reactions: 2 users
It says on that page that fall transcripts should be mailed, does anybody know if there is an email that we can send them to? Most of the other schools that I have applied to have an email that transcripts can be sent to, so I was just wondering if that is the case for Illinois as well?
If you go to the link SkiOtter posted and download the application checklist, it says "Transcripts for Summer and Fall 2021 are due February 1, 2022 to the Illinois address below or may be sent electronically to [email protected]." Personally, I am sending them electronically.
Find it odd that Illinois requires us to send them this early. The other schools I've applied to don't want them until after they admit you.

If you go to the link SkiOtter posted and download the application checklist, it says "Transcripts for Summer and Fall 2021 are due February 1, 2022 to the Illinois address below or may be sent electronically to [email protected]." Personally, I am sending them electronically.
Find it odd that Illinois requires us to send them this early. The other schools I've applied to don't want them until after they admit you.
Why admit someone if their prerequisites won't be physically fulfilled in time? Like if someone failed/dropped a prerequisite and now will have too many credits outstanding.

I get your point 100% and see your logic. Just a thought on my end. Sure, there's always the wait list, which has been more utilized since the class of 2020 situation. But better to accept someone who is for sure ready to go rather than make them wait on the wait list.

For me, most have asked for transcripts. The ones I’m waiting to hear back from about interviews are the ones that have had me hold off for now.

Why admit someone if their prerequisites won't be physically fulfilled in time? Like if someone failed/dropped a prerequisite and now will have too many credits outstanding.

I get your point 100% and see your logic. Just a thought on my end. Sure, there's always the wait list, which has been more utilized since the class of 2020 situation. But better to accept someone who is for sure ready to go rather than make them wait on the wait list.
It makes sense that they would do that, but I guess I just chose mostly schools that didn't require it. I had all of my planned classes for fall 2021 filled out as pending on my VMCAS (though I guess not everyone would have done that). Michigan State had us fill out a form stating our plan for completing any outstanding prerequisites. But MSU, Purdue, University of Minnesota have all explicitly said they don't want my transcripts unless they admit me. I assume Glasgow is in the same boat because they haven't asked and I was waitlisted there.

Hopefully one more week! Last year they found out about interviews January 26th (a Tuesday) so I’m hoping for January 25th this year!

Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully one more week! Last year they found out about interviews January 26th (a Tuesday) so I’m hoping for January 25th this year!
The previous years, they heard around the 15th! So I'm hoping any day now!

Definitely got mine on Jan 15 at 2 in the afternoon for class of 2020. The later timeline has been a recent development

Definitely got mine on Jan 15 at 2 in the afternoon for class of 2020. The later timeline has been a recent development
Will I get an email if I didn't get an interview? I made it to phase 2 but am waiting to hear if I got an interview.... getting worried its too late

Will I get an email if I didn't get an interview? I made it to phase 2 but am waiting to hear if I got an interview.... getting worried its too late
You're alerted if you don't get an interview. Also keep in mind this thread will blow up when people get their invites

They just updated their website with info for Interview Day 2022, so we should, hopefully, be finding out soon! 😊

Just saw on the APVMA Facebook group and then looked it up myself that we are notified about getting an interview by mail? Does anyone know if this is true? Does this mean rejections are emailed?

Just saw on the APVMA Facebook group and then looked it up myself that we are notified about getting an interview by mail? Does anyone know if this is true? Does this mean rejections are emailed?
2020, 2021, and 2022 were not mailed their interview invite info

An underclassmen friend just posted about her interview invite. They're rolling out

Reactions: 4 users
I would assume a few hours.

Do rejections go out today too then or are we not notified if that’s the case?

An underclassmen friend just posted about her interview invite. They're rolling out
Are they in state? Wondering if in state applicants hear before out of state applicants since no one has posted anything to this thread.

I
Are they in state? Wondering if in state applicants hear before out of state applicants since no one has posted anything to this thread.
I'm in state and haven't heard anything yet.

Do rejections go out today too then or are we not notified if that’s the case?
I dont remember when rejections went out. Id/you'd have to check old threads.
She is in state. I was OOS and received mine about 2 in the afternoon my year.