You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois C/O 2026
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Had my interview this morning. It was surprisingly short (about 20 mins) compared to my other interview but I understand they're interviewing a lot of people today. Hoping I made a good impression. Good luck to everyone interviewing 🙂
Honestly I’m in need of a short interview 😂 all the ones I’ve had were like 45-60 min. It’s nice to be able to show more of yourself but also so exhausting at the same time.Had my interview this morning. It was surprisingly short (about 20 mins) compared to my other interview but I understand they're interviewing a lot of people today. Hoping I made a good impression. Good luck to everyone interviewing 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's how I feel too. My other interview was 45 mins and I was so exhausted after. I just hope I showed enough of myself in this one.Honestly I’m in need of a short interview 😂 all the ones I’ve had were like 45-60 min. It’s nice to be able to show more of yourself but also so exhausting at the same time.
If you go into the zoom a few mins early, you will get a message that says "the host will let you in soon" and then once they're ready you will be put into a room with your interview team.Kinda dumb question: Are you put directly with your interviewers when you open the link or is there a waiting period? Never had a zoom interview before.
Just finished mine, the interviewers were very personable and nice and even though I didn't prep the questions weren't bad at all. Relax and you'll do great!
the link should be in the first email we got on Friday that has the interview packet information in itHi again- anyone know how we access the info session at 12? I may just be totally missing something haha
Mine was that length too. I was so relieved to hear how short interviews were for other people. I did feel okay about the entire experience though, and it was relaxed, although I wish we had more back-and-forth conversation. For someone who wishes they were more prepared, it was completely fine and not too intense at all. Overall, don’t worry guys! Good luck!Finished my interview - it was about 16 minutes which is the shortest one I've done but the interview team was very nice and I did not feel pressured at all - good luck to all today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yogivet
Full Member
Remember that this interview is only part of what they make the final decision off of! keep your head up, im sure you did lots better than you think : ) its hard to walk out of a zoom call feeling good haha, at least in my opinionOof. I just finished. Mine was 16 minutes. I prepared a lot, and I feel like I did pretty awful. I can't even remember what they asked 😅
Congrats to everyone for making it through interviews!!!
Acceptances are so random any more. The class of 2023 got theirs on Feb 24. Meanwhile I got mine on March 1. I hope yall don't have to wait
2026hopeful
Full Member
Goodluck to everyone today waiting and hopefully hearing something
Do we know anyone who’s been moved off the IS waitlist in the past? I would be very surprised if I got accepted, so I’m expecting to be an IS alternate. However, I can imagine people not moving off the IS waitlist as much as the OOS waitlist with people accepting offers from their IS :////
Also, sorry to spam this thread, but I don’t think we’ll get decisions today. I just found out that undergrads had their decision day today. Last year when the undergrad’s decision day was the friday after our interview day (Friday, Feb 19th, 2021), decisions for the DVM program weren’t released until the following Monday. I am worried that the same thing will happen to us this year, but that’s just a theory.
I also can’t find undergrad decision dates for past years, so I can’t provide more evidence.
I also can’t find undergrad decision dates for past years, so I can’t provide more evidence.
Historically, approximately 80-90% of in state students have accepted their acceptance, depending on the year. I only know the data up to the class of 2023 though.Do we know anyone who’s been moved off the IS waitlist in the past? I would be very surprised if I got accepted, so I’m expecting to be an IS alternate. However, I can imagine people not moving off the IS waitlist as much as the OOS waitlist with people accepting offers from their IS :////
There is no pattern. I got my acceptance letter on March 1; the current third years received their acceptances on 2/24I also can’t find undergrad decision dates for past years, so I can’t provide more evidence.
2026hopeful
Full Member
Good luck everyone. Hope we hear tomorrow..
please end our misery Illinois!!!!!!!I hope we find out today, so I can stop refreshing my email every 20 seconds 🤣
2026hopeful
Full Member
Anyone heard anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No 🙁Anyone heard anything
This thread will probably blow up if anybody hears anythingAnyone heard anything
2026hopeful
Full Member
Good luck to everyone again.
yogivet
Full Member
Fingers crossed we get some good news today!! : )
On a side note, has anyone filled out FAFSA (for illinois or other schools) -- I was just about to fill it out bc I heard some schools have deadlines, but on Illinois' website it says you have to be admitted before the process can begin
On a side note, has anyone filled out FAFSA (for illinois or other schools) -- I was just about to fill it out bc I heard some schools have deadlines, but on Illinois' website it says you have to be admitted before the process can begin
mcconnmj
Full Member
I submitted mine a bit ago to all the schools I still had to hear from. they probably mean they can’t start putting together your financial aid package or give you any information about it until you’re accepted. I just looked on the website and it says to fill it out before march 15th for preferential consideration!Fingers crossed we get some good news today!! : )
On a side note, has anyone filled out FAFSA (for illinois or other schools) -- I was just about to fill it out bc I heard some schools have deadlines, but on Illinois' website it says you have to be admitted before the process can begin
Very early it seems but I am a current 3rd year going to be a fourth year at illinois! I am currently living in savoy, IL in an amazing 2 bed 2 bath (the courtyards) only 10 mins away from the vet school and my current roommate is moving in with her boyfriend so looking for a new roommate! I have a cat named peter so any animals would have to be cat friendly. Feel free to dm me on insta if interested @bettercalldrsaul
I think of all my friends and coworkers are tired of hearing me say "Maybe today is the day!" every. single. day. 🤣No update today 🙁
Well they have finally given us info about graduation and our “professional development” last 6 weeks of clinics so you guys are probably next 😂😂😂😂
Did they say during interviews/the info session when they would announce decisions? I can't remember.I really hope today is the day… I’m to anxious to call and ask [emoji28]
I do know there was one interview that had to be rescheduled for the Wednesday after interview day so maybe it’s taking slightly longer because of that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2026hopeful
Full Member
Did anyone call and ask? Jw
Did anyone call and ask? Jw
I didn’t
They definitely said March 14th for snail mail. Because they gave us that date, I don’t know if anyone should call asking about decisions until after March 14th. That’s just me. It’s very tempting though.I believe the date was March 14 is when the snail mail offers are sent. Not 100% on that but it was something around there. They just said emails would be sent before that, didn’t really specify