Illinois C/O 2026

Started by battie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No they said they will provide that information feb. 18th
The email said they would send Zoom links on the 18th. I really hope they send us an interview time sooner than three days prior to the interview. I'll likely be missing class and I'd like to let my professors know. Especially since the 18th is on a Friday. I think the survey for accepting/declining your interview closes on Monday so ideally, we'd hear about interview times this week.
 
Does anyone know when financial aid info will be available? This is the only school I haven't gotten a decision from yet and I'm a bit confused on the timeline since we probably won't have decisions until at the earliest March 1? The other schools I do have decisions from are saying they won't have the info ready until March 15, so I'm wondering how Illinois will get us our financial aid info before April 15. Any current students on the thread have any input? Should we expect to not hear about $$ info until after April 15?
 
Does anyone know when financial aid info will be available? This is the only school I haven't gotten a decision from yet and I'm a bit confused on the timeline since we probably won't have decisions until at the earliest March 1? The other schools I do have decisions from are saying they won't have the info ready until March 15, so I'm wondering how Illinois will get us our financial aid info before April 15. Any current students on the thread have any input? Should we expect to not hear about $$ info until after April 15?
You will get full cost of attendance in loans. They don’t give out scholarships before first year. If you get a recruitment scholarship (which @SportPonies did iirc) you get told about it when the scholarships are announced at the end of your first year. They do not send out financial aid info until mid-May and that’s main university’s doing unfortunately and not the CVM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for any fourth years lurking around - how do you feel about doing two week rotations in fourth year? At Purdue the fourth years take 3 weeks/rotation. It gives you more time per block to get acquainted with that subject, but fewer options overall. How have you liked it?
 
Question for any fourth years lurking around - how do you feel about doing two week rotations in fourth year? At Purdue the fourth years take 3 weeks/rotation. It gives you more time per block to get acquainted with that subject, but fewer options overall. How have you liked it?
I liked 2 weeks. Just enough time for rotations I enjoyed to know if I would want to spend elective rotations or PD weeks on them (if PD had been normal for my class). 3 weeks would have been devastating to have for the rotations I really didn't want to do.
 
I liked 2 weeks. Just enough time for rotations I enjoyed to know if I would want to spend elective rotations or PD weeks on them (if PD had been normal for my class). 3 weeks would have been devastating to have for the rotations I really didn't want to do.
There are a significant number of rotations I would NOT have wanted a third week on 😂

The downside of 3 week ones is you have less electives usually
Thank y'all! It might be a factor in my decision, might not. But there's so many cool things I would want to explore and seems like Illinois would give me more of an opportunity than other schools.
Of course, it's all gonna come down to who actually lets me in and if one of those is my IS school. Gotta save that money y'know 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone that has interviewed at Illinois have any interview tips? Like, is it closed or open file? Is it mostly behavior based questions?
 
Not allowed to say what questions there have been in the past. But my biggest suggestion is to practice basic interview etiquette and prepare for standard vet med interview questions as well as curve balls. Check out the interview question lists for other schools on SDN
Thank you! This will be my third interview this cycle, so just want to make sure I'm as prepared as I can be 🙂
 
my friend is a first year and told me none of her questions were situational/behavioral, but all kind of random questions to get to know her/her communication skills/her knowledge of vet med!
Sounds very similar to my interview at UF. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview next week. It is a closed interview so what do the interviewers know about us? Other closed interviews they had some info. Thanks in advance
 
Got accepted at my IS (!!!) and I'll be going there, so I've just emailed to turn down my interview slot. Sad that I won't be meeting y'all, but best of luck in the interviews! You've got this!
I also turned down my interview today. Wish all you guys the best and good luck in the rest of the process! 🙂
 
I also turned down my interview today. Wish all you guys the best and good luck in the rest of the process! 🙂
which email did you use to turn down your interview? I sent my withdrawal today to [email protected] after i accepted my interview last week. But they never responded. I’m hoping that they can give my interview slot away.
 
10 minutes seems extremely short haha I hope mine is a bit longer than that! Takes the pressure off though I guess, we know we won't have to speak for a really long time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
10 minutes seems extremely short haha I hope mine is a bit longer than that! Takes the pressure off though I guess, we know we won't have to speak for a really long time.
I thought the person who posted 10 mins. Umm did they get accepted? Good luck tomorrow at everyone.
 
@current/previous students - I saw online that we should get decisions by end of February. With interviews being tomorrow, is that really possible? 🙂 So many of my other schools are taking a long time post-interview, so that would be amazing.