Illinois Interview- February 18, 2008

Started by Tiger1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YAY! Got my letter today. Accepted! I am in the Chicago burbs and got my letter today.
 
Hey greenie53, does that mean you received your acceptance today (congrats if so!)? I'm in Chicago, too, so just wondering if my letter's going to be in today's mail...


Yeah I got my acceptance today, so get your mailman stalking on!! 😉😀
Good luck 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh this is horrible I'm up in Wisconsin, but my letter is going to my house in the chicago burbs. So now I have to wait till tonight for my parents to deliver it too me. This is killing me. I just hope it gets there today.

P.S. CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!
 
Yeah I got my acceptance today, so get your mailman stalking on!! 😉😀
Good luck 🙂


Heehee, thanks, I've already been down there 3 times today (my doorman thinks I'm crazy!). Sometimes the mail doesn't come until after 6 here, so I'm trying to limit myself to once every 2 hours.....I get to check again at 4!😛
 
This was me last friday/saturday ... if it helps any, we all know what everyone is going through!! Good luck, neighbors to the south (or applicants to the neighbor of the south)! I'm rooting for you!
 
Yeah I got my acceptance today, so get your mailman stalking on!! 😉😀
Good luck 🙂

Does this qualify as the mailman "stalking" me??
I live in a town w/300 people so everyone knew that I was waiting for my letter. It was supposed to come to my parent's house, but the postmaster called my Dad and he went and picked it up!! I'm glad I got in b/c he opened it in front of everyone at the post office 😳 Gotta love your family! It was really nice having the whole community rooting for me 🙂
 
OMG! Accepted!!!!!!! 😀😀😀😀

(I'm in California but usually get mail earlier here than NY does for whatever reason.)
 
ACCEPTED!!! YEAH!!! SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!! My first acceptance. My first thought was at least I don't have to fill out that damn VMCAS again. SWWWWEEEEETTT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to vet school!!!! I'm so excited I think I'm in shock!!!:hardy: Congrats to everyone else, can't wait to meet everyone in August!🙂


Thank you Illinois!!!!😍
 
I got my letter today also! But I'm still deciding which school I should go to...If anyone got put on the waiting list, send your story my way, and I'll think about it!
 
Congrats to one and all! You guys out east keep us posted!
 
Awww! This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!! :hardy:

Seriously, though, I am getting married in August and we are thinking about buying a house in Savoy. If we do, I'll probably be looking for roomies. I don't want to plug this too much, but I made a group on Facebook so we could meet potential roommates, get to know each other, etc. Here is the link: http://siue.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10406251365&ref=nf

😀 I AM SO EXCITED FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! 😀

*Sorry for the excessive use of "!" 😳
 
Awww! This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!! :hardy:


😀 I AM SO EXCITED FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! 😀

Maybe once the c/o 2012 hardens up a little we can meet up and "do" lunch or something. I don't know just a thought, I guess I'm just excited for August to get here.
 
YAY for everyone!! I haven't made any decisions on where I'm going yet but maybe I'll see you in the fall :hardy::hardy:
 
I am not sure where I am going yet either. I am still waiting on a few schools, but I am excited for Illinois and I am more than thrilled. Congrats everybody! I can't wait to hear from more people tomorrow. 🙂
 
Just got my letter and... im an alternate, but it also says that given my relative position on the list I probably won't get in. *tear. Just curious does anyone know how many people get put on this list or if out of state people decline does it move to the next out of state person or the next alternate. Thanks
 
Of all the weeks my mailman had to pick this week to go on vacation. He's usually here around 11:00 but this week I've been getting my mail closer to 5. Ugh!😱
 
I think they do is and os lists. I've heard the IS list doesn't move much.
*sigh*

I think someone said something about 129 instate interviews with 95 offers of admission, so I'm assuming that there are about 34 of us that didn't get the other postcard.
 
Truth-you don't think there were any straight rejections from the interview? cuz if they interviewed 129 IS and offered 95 places-thats assuming they either waitlisted us or accepted us?
i'm just curious is all.

'sfoot.
 
Truth-you don't think there were any straight rejections from the interview? cuz if they interviewed 129 IS and offered 95 places-thats assuming they either waitlisted us or accepted us?
i'm just curious is all.

'sfoot.

I think he said at the info session that nobody that interviewed gets rejected only put on the waitlist indefinitely.
 
Do you know if everyone gets the "given your relative position it is unlikely you will get accepted"? For instate that is.
 
i am IS and i actually got 'due to your relative position on the alternate list there is a possibility you will be offered a place in the class of 2012'.....i thought *that* was what they told everyone, but apparently not? eeeech. good to know they're not generic i guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't receive my letter yet, so I don't know where I stand, but I do remember hearing somewhere that everyone who gets interviewed is either accepted or waitlisted. Not sure where I read it, but it was on U of IL official website or in one of their letters. :luck:
 
Well Pigsfoot,

I guess you're at the front end of the list. Congratulations!:hardy::clap:

I'm at the back. I got the "unlikely" letter.
 
thank you, and i'm sorry...i didnt want to be an a**hole about it by even mentioning it...but since nike asked.....🙁
 
thank you, and i'm sorry...i didnt want to be an a**hole about it by even mentioning it...but since nike asked.....🙁

No no no. You only answered my question honestly. Thank you. Now I'm just wondering where in the list I truely am. But Good Luck. Hopefully you get in. 👍
 
thank you, and i'm sorry...i didnt want to be an a**hole about it by even mentioning it...but since nike asked.....🙁

No worries. I'm just gonna go to the meeting with Mary and see what I can add to the application for next year. The think that blew about the application having to be in so early, was that I got this awesomely great job offer a month after I submitted my supplemental application.
I'm wracking up those hours, learning tons, and it doesn't count yet! 🙁 :cry:
 
Hey everyone,

Congrats to all who have been accepted. Just figured I'd add my input, I am in Massachusetts and my letter arrived today. I have been accepted!!!!:hardy:
 
:zip::hardy::clap::wow::banana:I got in!!!!! I can't believe it! I'm in shock right now. 🙂😀😛:😍👍
 
Does anyone know if they send out all the letters at the same time, or if they send the acceptance letters first then the alternates. Someone posted that they went out Friday, but yetserday when we contacted the school they said that my letter went out on Monday. Since I didnt get anything in the mail yet I am wondering if that is because I am getting an alternate letter.
😕:scared:😕:scared:😕​
 
Does anyone know if they send out all the letters at the same time, or if they send the acceptance letters first then the alternates. Someone posted that they went out Friday, but yetserday when we contacted the school they said that my letter went out on Monday. Since I didnt get anything in the mail yet I am wondering if that is because I am getting an alternate letter.
😕:scared:😕:scared:😕​

My letter is postmarked Feb. 22 (Fri) and I just got it today in NY so if yours went out on Monday it could be another day or two. Not sure why it took almost a week.
 
Got my letter today! I'm accepted! Will be declining the offer though, because I already gave my deposit to VMRCVM. So hopefully, those of you on the waitlist will be hearing something very soon!:luck:
 
Does anyone know if they send out all the letters at the same time, or if they send the acceptance letters first then the alternates. Someone posted that they went out Friday, but yetserday when we contacted the school they said that my letter went out on Monday. Since I didnt get anything in the mail yet I am wondering if that is because I am getting an alternate letter.
😕:scared:😕:scared:😕​

No, don't say that! Just because you didn't receive it yet doesn't mean it's not good news! Where are you from? I, too, STILL haven't received my letter and I'm in Florida. Hurry up, USPS! 😡
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received my letter over here in NY and I was accepted 😀😀😀!

Just some comments about earlier mentioned things...

Mary said to us that day that you would have to bomb your interview so horribly beyond belief to be rejected (so pretty much if you interview but are not accepted you are going to be waitlisted).

Also, my letter is stamped the 22 (fri) but also a the 25 (mon) - like they stamped it in their office friday but at the post office monday or so?! So they may have prepared letters friday but sent them monday or something!
 
I got the alternate letter. They don't say anything about where you rank on the list nor did they say if it likely on unlikely for me to make it.