Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cost of Attendance Budget Component Amount
Tuition

$19,240.00
Fees

$3,338.00
Room and Board

$11,526.00
Books and Supplies

$2,700.00
Other Expenses

$2,760.00
Total:

$39,564.00

Members don't see this ad.

For the rest of the newsletter click here.

Behind the undistinguished façade of the Surgery and Obstetrics Laboratory, workers are busily building a distinctive feature of our new curriculum: a Clinical Skills Learning Center (CSLC).

By August, when the Class of 2013 arrives, more than 1,200 square feet of remodeled space will house stations for students to practice setting up anesthesia machines, intubating manikins, performing clinical pathology tests, and positioning animals for radiographs, among other activities.

The CSLC will provide an important vehicle for the integration of basic science and clinical training that lies at the heart of the new Illinois Integrated Veterinary Professional Curriculum, debuting this fall.

Under the new curriculum, students will participate in clinical rotations in all four years of the program, starting on the first day of the first year. The CSLC will also be used by students in all four years. In the first year, for example, while taking the cardiovascular physiology course, students may learn to use an ECG and listen to simulated heart sounds in the CSLC. In years 2 and 3 students will take their comprehensive milestone examinations in the CSLC to assess clinical competency.

By design the CSLC allows students to build competence and confidence through self-directed learning and to practice on non-living models in a safe, low-stress environment. Two veterinary technicians will assist student learning. Instructional DVDs, Web sites, and teaching modules with case scenarios will be available during hours when the center is not staffed.

I look forward to offering tours of the new space during the annual Fall Conference for Veterinarians, slated for September 10 and 11 this year. Meanwhile, if you want to know how you can play a role in making this new student learning center a reality, please contact me at [email protected].

Tuition

$19,240.00
Fees

$3,338.00
Room and Board

$11,526.00
Books and Supplies

$2,700.00
Other Expenses

$2,760.00
Total:

$39,564.00

$11,000 for books??:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that includes microscopy fee(200), ISCAVMA and notes(205), lab fees, etc...

Nope, $2,700 for books. Is anybody else having trouble logging into their Student Self-Service page online? I set up my Net ID and password and last week I was able to log in; but this week I can't. When I enter my password, another box pops up asking me for another password. My Net ID and password do not work in this box. I tried it on both my PC and my brother's mac and I got the same result. It's getting very frustrating! I guess I'll be calling the IT people tomorrow.

The self-service password is not the same as the netID. You may need to have someone reset it for you. The CITES People do not let you have the same password for net password and Enterprise (Self-Service). It can be sent to you, if you did the reminder questions.

Tuition

$19,240.00
Fees

$3,338.00
Room and Board

$11,526.00
Books and Supplies

$2,700.00
Other Expenses

$2,760.00
Total:

$39,564.00

Yeah, The formatting was messed up: This should be more clear.

Tuition $19,240.00
Fees $3,338.00
Room and Board $11,526.00
Books and Supplies $2,700.00
Other Expenses $2,760.00
Total: $39,564.00

Did everybody get their awards letters from Enterprise, yet? I saw mine before I got the e-mail, this evening, telling me to go look.

Anybody done filling out all of this paperwork?

Last edited:
I finished the quiz we're required to take before we can accept/decline our aid. That was fun (wow, you mean this is something we have to pay back? The government isn't giving us a six-figure gift out of the kindness of their hearts?!) Then when it came time to actually accept the money, I sat there with it the cursor blinking and couldn't do it. I need some more time to come to grips with the fact that I'm going to be very very in debt for a very very long time.